What ever happened to this now missing islet in Everfrost?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Aethos, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Aethos Well-Known Member

There used to be a little isle here, waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. There wasn't much to it. Some crappy roaming non-aggro mobs, some harvest strewn about the island. About half of the empty space in the water here, maybe 2/3, was taken up by this little isle. I also feel like I recall some crafting stations here, too.

This would have been an extremely long time ago. Back when level 50 was the live cap, so we're talking like, 2005.

I was running around Everfrost recently when I was thinking how I always preferred Everfrost for trying for ebon harvests, and then I remembered the little isle by the docks.

Whatever happened to it anyway? Anyone know/remember when they took it out?

I do know it was an extremely long time ago, because the more I thought about it the more I remember that isle has been gone a very long time. I'm just wondering when it was taken out.

[IMG]
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sounds like it drifted south and a ship collided with it and sank , good thing the only living thing that went down with the ship was a kraken , so people came with explosives and blew it up to make the shipping routs save again .
    The ice cubs created by the explosion were used by polar bears for their ice tea and their brandy on a stick .
    The Killer wales used the ice for their new ice boxes to keep their cheese curls fresh .
    Yavete, Breanna, Aethos and 1 other person like this.
  3. Komatus Well-Known Member

I've been around for a few years and have swum around out there. Don't remember any large islands there. :(
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I *want* to say that there's something familiar about that description. An ice island with tradeskill stations. However... I genuinely don't remember there ever being anything like it. I remember swimming around Everfrost in the level 40s back when the game released, and there was only ever those islands off to the side of the docks. The ones that are visible from the in-game map. Back during the original release, there was no massive access to tradeskill stations outside of the tradeskill societies in Qeynos and Freeport. It might've been for a special event or something, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

It does sound familiar though. I feel like I remember reading patch notes somewhere about it.
    Breanna and Aethos like this.
  5. Billyjak Member

Are you talking about that crafting questline that you get in mail.

Usually from harbor master or something and you get a bottle to put in your house. When you examine it you are zoned into a small island with raffiki. Do a few little quests for him.

Some harvest stuff, some vulrich to kill for meat. Think there is a couple of crafting stations bit nothing else in zone other than the island
  6. Komatus Well-Known Member

Ya, I remember doing that thing! lol! Was that stuck in Everfrost? I don't remember it being there. You went from bottle to there and then from a row boat to some dock elsewhere...heh....:confused:
  7. Leucippus Member

I remember the island used to be there. I used to craft on it, around when the game was released.
    I forget when it was removed.
    For a while after it was removed, there were crafting stations on the ocean floor... seems the island melted. I suppose the crafting stations have sunk into the mud now; I don't think they are there any more.
    Aethos and Tkia like this.
  8. Benj Well-Known Member

I remember the crafting island you're talking about, though I don't know when it was removed. The island for Raffik (message in a bottle) is entirely separate and wasn't part of Everfrost.

The original look for the docks region of Everfrost was the docks, 3 significant islands, and the camp on the far shoreline. The docks and camp are still there and are largely unchanged. The largest of the islands had no mobs of any kind, but it did have crafting stations of all types. The second island had an NPC who offered An Eye for Power heritage quest. The NPC is still around, though the docks were extended and he was moved to the docks (as seen in the above screenshot). The third island is also still around (unchanged and visible in the screenshot). It had an NPC who offered a quest to kill an epic shark, which promptly ate him as soon as you accepted the quest. I think the shark is heroic now?
    Aethos likes this.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

I found it! It melted in September of 2006.

• The icefloat in Everfrost carrying tradeskill devices has melted away due to global warming caused by tradeskillers.
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-891

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Update:27

That's funny. I didn't know about them sinking to the floor.

I remember Dreadwake. Gods, he was huge. He was eventually heroic, though I think like a lot of old epics that were eventually made heroic, he may have been made epic again. I haven't seen him in like a decade though so can't confirm
    Rezikai, Yavete, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can spawn Dreadwake to find out , but people under level 50 something will not be happy with you , because the last time I had to deal with him he was epic , and that was around 6 years ago .
    Aethos likes this.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ahhh so it this was back during the Kingdom of Sky expansion. Yeah I remembered something about a patchnotes mentioning an island melting.

Yeah this was for some special event. The original vision for the game when it launched was that tradeskilling wasn't supposed to be something readily accessible in the overworld maps. That vision started to relax a little bit with Desert of Flames and Kingdom of Sky, and then the tradeskill societies were removed from the game around the same time.
  12. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Raffik's island is way too warm to be Everfrost. It bears a closer resemblance to the Vale of Halfpint Delight prestige house.
    Komatus likes this.
  13. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

It sailed to Vetrovia.