Can't purchase Reign of Shadows any longer?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaie, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Shaie Active Member

As the title states. I am unable to find RoS ANYWHERE on the website. Has it been absorbed into Visions of Vetrovia? I have to be careful how I spend my money so I don't want to pre-purchase VoV only to find that RoS is not included.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. MrHarryG New Member

it's absorbed into VOV
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

RoS is included in the purchase of VoV. :)
    Breanna, Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All prior expansions are included in each new release.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Geroblue like this.
  5. Shaie Active Member

Thank you all for the quick responses! I guess I'm off to buy VoV. Maybe I'll participate in the Beta too! :eek:;)
  6. Shaie Active Member

Ok, now I have another question. I'm trying to create a Vah'shirr & it's telling me I need to unlock it. I thought that was part of RoS? Is it now unavailable because RoS has been absorbed into VoV? I did prepurchase VoV.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Ouch! Unfortunately, buying the newest expansion has always only ever unlocked content from all previous expansions, and the vah'shir as a player race is considered a "feature" and not content. You can, however, still unlock it buy purchasing that feature in Marketplace.

Several expacs back, I made a similar mistake by buying the CE of ToT for one of my ftp accts. At that time, mercs were still considered a feature, so I was forced to spend even more money that I wasn't planning to on unlocking it since I already unpacked a merc pack on it.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah unfortunately vah shir was only included in RoS and has to be purchased seperately if you bought VoV
    Hartsmith, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Yeah if you didn't buy BoL, you have to sub to do the overseers also. Half of my family accounts found that out. So I have 3 that can and 3 can't. All have RoS. Unfortunately the ones that can are more likely would get subbed. One already is. The apprentice and reforge were like that as well, after the expansion they started selling those as features even though they came with one of the expansions.
    Breanna likes this.