Pre-Order and Premium Missing Crafting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Euredia, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Euredia Member

I just noticed that the Premium does NOT include a crafting pot to max out like all the previous ones, whats the deal here? 135$ for a premium and you dont get a crafting pot? Can someone at Dark Paw please explain why this was taken away?
  2. Bellamorte Active Member

It was stated somewhere (Maybe discord?, I cant remember) that it was intended that only the F&F edition will come with the tradeskill boost. The reasoning for this was that they added some stuff, changed some stuff and lowered the price, so decided not to add it. It may be here on the boards, so you can search I just cannot remember off hand.
  3. Bellamorte Active Member

4. Euredia Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't match up value wise, I see more potential for the TS Pot then any familiar. Forcing people to shell out for the family pack at a whopping 200$ USD, isn't smart in an economy seeing inflationary spending issues. This a game with no real value other then entertainment, all other games (New World) are free to play and are actually good. I still love my EQ2 but evolution is catching up
    Jaden likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I cannot afford to spend $200 for an expac. I'll have to check the expac versions, and may not buy the expac this year.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bellamorte Active Member

I mean, the tradeskill bump is nice, and if someone buys it they may list it on the broker if you were willing to pay plat for it. It all depends on your play style though, it wasn't make or break for me since I raid and such but I know that it may be for others.
  7. Euredia Member

I see your point but the cost and value just are not there, majority of players in EQ2 solo cause they like the ability to not be tied to raiding. Most of us are old enough to remember the days of 3 AM raids and now have grandkids. Tradeskill pots are a great way to level that alt, just like the level to 120 did for my final alt and not spend so much time on crafting old stuff to get to new. I am willing to pay for the pot but not at the tune of 200$, that isnt reasonable.

Doobius40504, Hartsmith and Geroblue like this.
  8. Melkior Well-Known Member

I have all the Tradeskills at 120 plus others. I understand the value argument, just for me it doesn't move the needle from a value perspective. I have unused ones now. That said, as far as I know this year is the first time the F&F version had an item that wasn't included in premium, That is NOT a trend I want to see,
    Finnwizz, Doobius40504 and Geroblue like this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't take long to level up a crafter.
  10. dorotea Well-Known Member

It takes even less time to level up an adventurer in my experience. Melkior is right that this is not a desirable trend.
  11. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

I would argue that it is time consuming, but I know that you can at least earn quite a lot of status which you don't get using a bauble. So what time it does take does have worthy reward for the effort.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So, I know to buy the level up tokens, but I don't see how to level up 'quickly' otherwise.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. DENSER Well-Known Member

Quickly, ye depends on time you ve.
    Writs till 95, aom till 100.
    Pop till 110 ( 2 1st quests of that timeline with vitality and xp potion send me to 110)
    Then bol timeline
    Hartsmith likes this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Personally, i don't rush with crafting.
    it's a bit left behind.
    So i just do those 3 daylies quest ( tinker adorn etc) to level 95 ( 2 months or more around) then i attack those signature lines.
    Altar of malice etc
    Doobius40504 and Geroblue like this.