Anyone doing the Extra Life thing this year? :)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been debating it off and on; I play at such weird hours, I was thinking I could handle it, but I usually make up for it later in the day, sleep-wise... ;->

Also need to check me schedule for that day (Nov. 6th); I may have conflicts... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

From past experience (I participated a few years back, before all the cancer brouhaha), my body is going to LOATHE me afterwards, fibro flare and all. I am doing it anyway. Especially after my numerous hospital stays last year, doing something for sick kids in the hospital means a lot to me.

If you can't particpate, you can always donate. If you can't donate, you can always just spread the word about the event and the Daybreak team to help garner more interest.

~Mum
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Last year instead of gaming for 24 hours on one day I did 24 hours of videos (actual video footage). Helping kids in hospitals is very important to me cuz of my brother spending way too much time in one then losing him right before his 4th birthday.

Does anyone want me to do this again or was it just too many videos? Should I attempt doing as many videos in one day instead?
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'd say do what works best for you, dear lady. 24 hours in one day is rough, and you have much chaos in your life! They say we can split up the time, or do it on a different day, etc.

I'm just a stubborn old halfling, and have a busy several months ahead of me, so I'm going to try to go for the whole 24 hours in one swell foop. If I find I need to nap, I will do so, but ...

~Mum, who has decided she's not too old to learn how to stream and is watching how-to videos to learn just for this event.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wussed out; I may play at odd hours, but I need my day sleep in my coffin -- er, my honest bed at some point. So I just donated. :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Doobius270 like this.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

And I appreciate the donation! <3
  7. Doobius270 New Member

Yes! I had to jump on there and donate too since I can't stream, and since you're such an awesome example of the EQ2 community!

Peace and Love!
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A week and a half-ish to go before the big day! I hit my initial donation milestone and set a new milestone. If I get $1000 in donations for this worthy charity cause before my November 6 gaming marathon, I will dye my hair pink for the day, and will either video part of the day or livestream, depending on energy levels. (Or a bit of both.)
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Woot! Woot! Way to go!!! I have been thinking about doing the event too but have been sick lately. I lost my voice after a couple videos. I was planning on linking to my donation site so mentioned in those videos link would be below. Would it be okay to link to your donation site instead in all my videos that are done now until end of event? This way I sort of am doing the event and helping you out at the same time. Plus, I would donate to you instead of myself.

I really wanna see you in pink hair :rolleyes:.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If that'd pull some stress off you, feel free to do so. {hugs} Pamper your voice, pamper your health, and link to me if you wish. Funds will be aimed at Rady's Children's Hospital in San Diego, which does phenomenal work with sick kids out here.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It looks like I might fall short of my $1000 donation goal, when I'd been hoping to overshoot it by quite a bit.

I'm STILL going to go pink-haired for Saturday to thank my generous donors, and will have a video up as proof on Saturday.

Videos and other game day commentary will be viewable to all from http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g1007 as the day progresses on Saturday. I'm also working out a way that international donors can send funds via Liberapay to my site's account, then I pay the amount to Extra Life (I'll cover currency conversion fees out of my own pocket).
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I hope you get more people to donate so you hit your goal. SO happy I get to see the pink hair...I have always wanted to color my hair blue or red red but everyone always talked me out of it. I will be uploading videos that I did like a week or is it 2 weeks now from SEHS21 I think it was. Those will have links to your donation site. I think people can donate even after the event ends.
  13. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

I did put $100 for DenMother a few weeks back.