VoV Expansion content - questions for those on Beta

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mooooon, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Mooooon New Member

I'm wondering, what does VoV look like? Is it an entire new expansions with original content? Or is it like last expansion where they reused half of the artwork and half of the maps from the expansion 2 years ago and just slapped new textures on them? (Bazaar for instance).
    I wonder how much work and effort was actually put into this expac. Anyone on Beta who has some insight pls let us know.

Also, is the level increase to 125 really all that the expac delivers? That's like.. .4 or 5 new abilities, and that's it? Probably even higher inflated stats, damage numbers that are even less readable (9 quadrillion damage, Have fun reading that...)
    No changes on the AA, no new concepts, and Overseer probably not updated and still rewarding the same outdated crap as always? Just wondering about the effort the developer has put into this new expac or if they're more or less in a stage where as long they're break even with the subs and krono sales, they just keep cruising and milking the EQ2 machine....
  2. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I'm curious about what the expansion has as well. They don't really give you much information. I guess they want you to buy it to find out what is in it? Very odd marketing strategy. Like post some videos of gameplay or something. I miss the old dev panel videos where they showed the expac. Those were really good.

Would love to hear some impressions about the content and what comes with the level increase. Like are we getting new AAs or spells. Didn't we used to have access to the Beta forums even if we didn't pre-order? Any information or impressions would be great. Thanks!
    Pantaro and Breanna like this.
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

New zones - looks well done actually from an art perspective. I mean it looks good to me :)
    Toons go to 125 with associated spells
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

full spell tier compressed into 5 levels, so if you gained one spell at 111 and another at 112 before, now you get both at 121

seems like you earn flying per zone when going through sig line as in RoS, which is great

im having fun in beta
    Breanna, Jaden and Komatus like this.
  5. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Never doubted the zone art would be good. It always seems to be. Never had issues with any of the art. It's the rest of the content that has been lacking. Looking forward to trying it out. Glad we got a level increase. Even if it's only five levels.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

*crosses fingers* plz dont be a ctrl-c / ctrl-v of the AoM zones
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's all brand new zones.
    Breanna, Hartay, Zeddicious and 3 others like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And apparently there's a stork a lot of people like.
    Breanna, Louly, Bludd and 5 others like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

Please don't fix the nightmare stork-crow. (Scarestork?)
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I think you're being a bit unkind about RoS as it was a part 2 of the Luclin adventures, it was always going to involve some repetition. That said, I've run around a good chunk of the first outdoor area and although Ttobey assures us it is new, I have to say it doesn't LOOK brand new. It looks a bit like Tranquil Sea, with mobs you've seen elsewhere, albeit appropriate-feeling given the setting. The feel in the first town with the Centaurs is quite similar to the Vah Shir. That said, I'd take a whole xpac of completely re-used content if they manage to iron out a good chunk of the real problems with this game.

The 125 levels isn't going to be an issue. The idea is compressing 10 levels of spells into 5 levels for reasons. I don't care/mind so long as it works and I don't see why it wouldn't. If it helps the devs to make things work to have 5 levels per tier instead of 10, then thumbs up from me, let's go.

Higher stats? Yes, it's a new tier. This was always going to happen.

Overseer doesn't copy across to beta, so everyone's level 1. Last year the new overseer levels came well after xpac launch. So far I have no idea what is planned for it this year except that the premium edition includes a weekly VoV overseer mission. Exciting?

As for the rest of your comments, I think you're aiming the negativity at the wrong people. It's abundantly clear that the devs are passionate about their work but also that resources are limited. They're not holding the purse strings, and don't deserve the blame if the xpac doesn't have the amount of padding you might be hoping for. Like most nut & bolt guys who just want to do their job well, I'm sure the devs would love to have the power to chuck an unlimited amount of money and resources at their work and produce a masterpiece, but DPG is a business and businesses aim to make profit. That's reality. I wish they hadn't gone down the pay to win loot crate route as it's cost the game a lot of really good players in protest votes, but we are where we are. Xpac looks nice so far.
    Pantaro, Breanna, Trymor and 2 others like this.
  11. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I agree with this 100%. In fact, the stork-crow should be the expansion mascot replacing any dragons, etc., on the box art.
  12. Sheisko New Member

I love the subaquatic elephants! But the stork-crow should probably stop throwing gang signs.

But all kidding aside this is probably the most beautiful expansion they've done. Character models are so detailed. Zones are incredible. Starting zone looks like a carribean bay with crystal blue waters and textured beaches. Desert area has sand dunes that look wavy instead of like the giant yellow piles of mashed potatoes we have in sinking sands. The dino jungle is somehow gloomy and as vibrant as a peacock at the same time.

They've really outdone themselves with this expac
    Hartsmith, Breanna, Alyndrys and 5 others like this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Thanks we all really appreciate that!
    Hartsmith, Breanna, Taled and 4 others like this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I think the art team has been on a roll for the last few expacs. Both Luclin expacs had some absolutely amazing looking zones.
    Jaden, Breanna, Alyndrys and 3 others like this.
  15. Louly Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the new expac! I'm finally getting done in RoS :D But my question is that I did /beta yesterday on my necro. And today she still isn't on beta. I preordered so that's not it. Is there a specific time frame before she will show up?

Thank you!
  16. Sheisko New Member

Sometimes it can take an hour or two. You could also try making a lvl 1 character or a lvl 100 heroic character on the beta server. Sometimes that pushes the character transfer along for some reason (could just be coincidental).

Lvl 100 heroic starts in VoV and you can boost from there using the beta merchant if you want to try starting with a fresh character while you wait :)
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Louly Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I thought you had to be level 120 Ok I'll make a level 100 character
    Oh that means I have plenty of characters for the expansion lol :D
    Breanna likes this.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

To be fair, SS looked amazing in 2005.
    Jaden and Breanna like this.