Returning Dirge

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Lea Plath, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Lea Plath Active Member

Heya all

I am returning to EQ2 after a 5 year break. I last played end of ToT and did a lot of the harder heroics with a little light raiding. So I knew my stuff back then.

Since then I have returned and used the free 120 boost to get my Dirge shipshape. Somewhat. But I am still playing catchup it seems. I even had to recruit help to do the solo zones except the last 2. So basically I got a lot of questions.

First of all, AAs. With the revamp what do folks do for AAs? Ive seen a lot of changes that I don't understand like a move away from eluogy of the fallen and more speccing into rhythm blade and magnetic note?

Secondly, ascension classes. I am looking at being an etherist but is there anything really worth knowing about ascension classes that isn't obvious?

Buffs! Are any considered useless now due to stat inflation and not worth casting? I know Nox Symphony hasnt been worth it in aeons but are any others not worth the conc slot? Is there a faster way to buff the Epic 2.0 spells beyond apprentice?

Rotations. What does a bog standard dirge dps and buff otation look like? Mine is pretty debuff and buff front loaded to go into RO/VC early and that worked well for me back in the way but we got ascension abilities etc now and I am unsure how they fit into my rotation if at all?

Gear. I got told I wanted ability doublecast celestial cloak from sigline. I know I wanted goblin earring for its buff. I got the old death defying jewel (unsure if still useful). Is there any other old gear worth picking up? What should I be looking for on current gear as a priority? Weapon damage? Casting speed? Ofc ability doublecast. Is abilitymod worth it atm?

Thanks all. I know its a lot of questions but I appreciate any and all help.
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

Actually Noxious Symphony is sexy for dirge now and is pretty much required lol. With a prestige AA spent to make it heal on incoming physical damage it is very valuable in current content.
    Lea Plath likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Noxious Symphony--especially in Vex Thal instances, where noxious is unrelenting is extremely valuable. Put 5 points into it. It's worth it in the Vex Thal instances for sure. It throws a heal for noxious across the entire raid force and when the healers are looking at the HPS (heals per second) on ACT, and saying "WTF is a dirge doing in the top 3 of the heal parse," it's funny. But it's helpful for healers as well.
    Get your Epic 2.0 starters from Seru and then work them up. Ability double cast is important. Casting speed to 100. ABM is excellent as well. Fervor is important. Get as much as you can. You may have to run some old content. Make sure you cast Confront Fear on your two highest dpsers. Many people associate CF with rezzes, but reading the fine print on the spell description is important. That said, with the new xpac coming, it's hard to way what's going to be important or not. Best of luck and have fun.
    Lea Plath likes this.
  4. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Its actually from the physical damage, not the nox.. but yes.. its a huge heal :)