Cannot create new characters on Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gnim, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Gnim New Member

ISSUE
    - Getting the following error on the final step 'hitting play' in creating a new character
    - "There are no servers available right now; please try again in a few minutes."

STEPS TAKEN
    - logged in a current character on same server with no issues
    - tested creating a character on Skyfire (successful)
    - tested creating a character on Maj'Dul using various different starting zones .. received same error
    - tested creating a new character on Maj'Dul again with a name that would almost certainly never have been used to see if it's failing on the name check .. received same error
    - tested creating a new character on Maj'Dul using a character name that I know is in use .. received same error (did NOT get 'name is in use' error)
    - deleted Lib files per a post I found using search (not only did not fix the issue, but bounced me back to streaming version and started the whole 'preload assets' thing) .. after setting it back to 'Full Download' it still gives same error when trying to create a character
    - ran asset validation - success, no issues
    - rebooted PC - same issue
    - tried different PC - same issue (note that I did not try removing the LIB files there)

Hopefully these tests will help to narrow the issue down. I have basically eliminated the client PC and verified it works on at least one server, but not on Maj'Dul.
    Bellamorte likes this.
  2. Bellamorte Active Member

I just tested it and I was able to create a new toon. So this is an interesting error.
  3. LotBoy New Member

I get the message: There are no servers available right now; please try again in a few minutes. This happens when trying to create a new toon. I'm trying to create a new toon on majdul
  4. Gnim New Member

Just re-tested (edit - All of this on Maj'Dul)

- Failed creating two different characters with Starting point of 'Overlord's Outpost'
    - On both characters I simply went back one screen, chose a different location (first was Darklight Woods, second was Gorowyn) and then hit next, then play and it worked.

Possibly just something with 'Overlord's Outpost'. Or maybe it's just random and fails on coincidentally is failing on that starting location every time.

UPDATE
    - Tested on the three Qeynos aligned starting points on Maj'Dul
    - Queen's Colony - Get same error message
    - Kelethin - success
    - Frostfang - success
    - So, it only seems to fail on Queen's Colony (QC) and Overlord's Outpost (OO).
    - One thing that makes QC and OO different is they 'start' on a boat, rather than directly in the zone.
  5. LotBoy New Member

Yeah boat seems to not work
  6. Bunji Developer

Is this still an issue? The zone was kicked.
  7. Gnim New Member

UPDATE
    - I was able to create a random character on Maj'Dul for both Queen's Colony and Overlord's Outpost, and the 'Far Journey' instance loaded up correctly.
    - Issue appears to be resolved.

Thank you!