Nights of the Dead 2021 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

is the new merc walking around Somborn graveyard in LP got anything to do with NotD?
    Lilac Laviara <Zombie Battlepriest>

We really need her style of dresses as appearance at least
  2. Heresford Active Member

Cool. Why would you want to fix that? ;)
  3. Shanyn Member

I'd like to know about the zombie mercenary as well! She won't interact with me in any way other than to growl at me about my tasty flesh, but there's no option to hire her and I can't find a token on the NOTD merchants. I even tried buying the zombie doll house item and putting in my house to see if that might unlock the mercenary, but it was just 150 candy corns down the drain. Anyone figured this one out?
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Having asked the same question in the official discord... she's related to the Visions of Vetrovia beta.

This from a comment Kander made about her. Presumably you would have to do something in the beta to be able to hire her, and no further details have been given on what her tier is or exact class is. As far as I know.

That said, I also initially thought she was related to NotD.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

thanks Miragian! I see beta in my future again! she looks so fun and festive... for a zombie
  6. Miragian Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, can you have a bit more... padding added to the horseman's armor? He dies so fast on live. He went from attackable to dead in less then 2 minutes and this was first thing in the morning on AB. Makes it hard to get to him before he's dead.
  7. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Sanguine Witch is gone?!!! :(

No wonder they weren't popping up. I have new characters this year too, I wanted to collect all the witch sets for them, plus the new one for older characters. That is a low blow, seriously! :mad:
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

Please remove the requirement of the necklace to start the Horseman PQ next year. It takes too much time to get the necklace and many people are finding the rewards not worth the hassle, so the rest of us miss out or are forced to be the only ones who get necklaces because you can't trade or farm a bagful of necklaces at once since they're lore. Also, because you can't skip cut scenes, the exit from the center of the maze puts you all the way back to the beginning so you have to run alll the way back to get the chest, and the Train quest forces you to run back to the other side of the maze as well, getting the necklace is a prolonged pita. (ETA: Uwk said how to right click for the maze exit, so ignore that part, but the neckalce issue remains!)

Also, it doesn't seem to matter how many times I hit buttons. Sometimes you only get meager rewards (2 items) instead of full rewards (3 items) with the PQ. This is whack and needs to be looked at for next year. If I hit buttons on target doing damage the entire fight, I should be getting full rewards every time. ETA: Is this like the E-day PQ, whether it's two rewards or three doesn't matter, it's the number of "coins" you get that declares participation?

Bolded the important parts, for easy finding a year later.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope. Right-click on the spooky statue at the exit of the center of the maze (inside it), and you have two options that come up: either go back to the entrance (which can be useful) or just leave the center of the maze and wind up just outside the other spooky statue, on the other side of the wall of the center of the maze, in that corridor you go down to get to the first spooky statue on the outside of the center of the maze (the one you can't go down until after the stupid cut scene with the stupid gnome).

But yeah, if memory serves, you have to do the maze twice (why, I've never understood; why can't we have the dialogue with the stupid gnome right after we kill the thing chasing him the first time?) in order to get the necklace and Appearance shoulders; that's a major PitA. :-/ If I'm misremembering, someone be kind and let me know; I usually do it the second time anyway to get the additional reward house items I want. ;->

Can't help with the rest of it; I've never done the PQ, having no interest in it. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Carynn like this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the right click info, that is nowhere else to be known and I shall add it to the wikia. That'll help a tiny bit. Still, every time I want to do the PQ, I have to get a necklace, because no one else wants to bother doing it since you have to do three quests to be able to get the first necklace, then repeat the zone once every time to get a new necklace in hopes that something will drop from the PQ, which is borked anyway. Would rather this simply be on a timer now and people can show up and participate freely, like every other holiday PQ.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ohhh, yes, that last solution sounds like the most logical by far; why it isn't like every other holiday, is anyone's guess -- waitaminute, is this the one that starts in Antonica, or the one in Nektulos (or does that one start in Antonica and end in Nek...)? 'Cause if it's the one that has the Antonica start, I tried that damn thing ONCE, and gave up on it ever since. I think it was like the first sort of prequel "PQ", but damn, there are entirely too many hoops to jump through for the rewards. X-P

Uwk
    who only gets the Necklace nowadays to "plunder" the house items from Somborn Village...and you're welcome for the info! :)
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  12. Del27 New Member

I was also hoping to get the Sanguine Witch gear that was added last year. what harm would it be to add to the random drops verses taking stuff off offered last year. I'm willing to quest or harvest for items and hate that they are just.....poof...gone......very very frustrating.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...I hope that's one of the things they're not planning on only offering as a Marketplace thing. :-/

It's one thing to offer us all those wonderful older expac recipe books we didn't get (for the grievous errors of not being a player yet, or not having the money yet to plop down $90 just for that, etc.) on the Marketplace; it's quite another to take things away from us for no rhyme or reason. >:-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Deep breath. :) When Kaitheel says something will return in the future, it means he's planning on having it return during a live event. Just like things cycle on Santa Glug or on the Oceansfull shells, with some new and some returning, he keeps a list of what's gone before, so he can cycle different things in each year.
    Tkia, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

And we got 2 new witch outfits this year , hmm could we have a green one next year and a black one maybe too .
    I like the teal outfit we got this year , should better make sure I got some spare ones .
    Breanna likes this.