Channeler essence question

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Biazza, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Biazza New Member

Hello,
    I have come back about a month ago and have been working on a channeler from lvl 1. My question is about obtaining essences.
    It states that mob must be at 25% or grey. If I try and obtain an essence from a grey mob I must still get it to 25% which can be difficult. So can you just suck an essence out of a grey mob without it being at 25%. Am I doing something wrong or even if grey it still must be at 25%?
    I think getting essence is the most frustrating part of this class for me right now.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Are you killing the mob accidentally before you get it to 25%? You might try:
    • Chronomentor down to the mob's level.

• You can remove some or all of your weapons and just slap the thing into submission bare-handed.If you need a little more damage than just bare-handed, try a (much) lower level weapon than you usually do (I often will use a tin dagger for stuff like this).

• You can remove some or all of your armor to lower your own stats to make it less likely to crit and blow away the creature.

• Read your Spellbook to figure out which are your lowest-damage attacks. Don't use attacks that proc increments after the initial hit.
    Breanna and Daryx like this.
  3. Daryx Well-Known Member

In addition to Sigrdrifa's suggestions, another thing is to make sure you turn off your familiar. There are a number of familiars that have a damage proc. Also dismiss your mount; they can add too much to your potency. Basically turn off all your buffs is what it comes down to if you can't figure out which are causing issues.

If you are auto-hitting for too much, try using one of the old mercs from the cities, particularly one that is not damage oriented, and let it attack the mob. This doesn't guarantee anything, but if you are mentored and have your gear off, sometimes they have much lower innate damage.

Unfortunately it's a juggling act. However, you may want to try higher-level mobs, not just gray ones. Since you are a healer you have a better ability to stay alive in that situation (depending on the number of heals you have) and you can go more aggressively against them without killing them.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Biazza New Member

Ok thank you, yes I have gotten a few by doing what you all suggested. I had just thought that if the mob was grey I could just aggro the mob then start to draw its essence. Not have to get a grey to 25%. I guess I just have to get my timing down better