Where was Vetrovia in EQ1?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Disrption, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Disrption Active Member

Having never played EQ1 I am curious if anyone has any background information on this Island Region/Landmass? Any Lore-hounds out there able to help?

Thanks!
  2. Standard Member

I'm not big into the lore, but think Gates of Discord. I'm expecting mobs with names like Xiixzkxxiiz Zyxxizyz. And yes, you DO have to say it in voice chat.
    docdante likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Gates of Discord introduced us to the continent of Taelosia, where the natives and locations had complex names accurately researched from ancient Sumerian cultures.

Vitruvia is... anyone's guess as we head into completely brand new territory. From what data miners have deduced so far, it's possible we might be going to the Taelosian continent (which since Gates of Discord happened after the time split, means the EQ2 version doesn't **have** to be anything like it was depicted in EQ1 in themes or geography).

"Vitruvia" seems to be a brand new word entirely. At this point, only the developers know what it actually is.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  4. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I don't recall any Vitruvia in eq1 but it has been awhile so may just not remember it. But I agree with Cusashorn. It doesn't have to be anything like was in eq1. Totally different time.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Mostly shameless self-promotion but also because its big topics.
    I kind of went into some of the hints we had in the lore (both Toil and Trouble and then with the datamined Visions of Vetrovia stuff) in two different sittings.

AOE1 likes this.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It wasn't in EQ1, but Vetrovia sounds vaguely Eastern European.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think Moose and Squirrel have been there a few times.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

The expansion in is Minnesota?
    ttobey likes this.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's what Chrol said!
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I better see purple and yellow Barbarian warriors or I'm going to be disappointed.
    Dambae Shadowfury, Hartay and Breanna like this.
  11. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thank you.
  12. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Taelosia here we come!
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The Broken Shores, Natimbi, Qinimi. Yep, that is Taelosia. Looks like we're getting a revamped direction of how they want this landmass to be represented. I mentioned in the discord that since the Gates of Discord and Taelosia continent were introduced after the time split, the devs of this game don't *have* to use it exactly as it was in the first game. New name, new direction!
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I love me some afternoon lore.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Torri Active Member

the press release says what was once the city of Qinimi is now populated by Muramites, so i really want to see Kyv in EQ2 graphics

Well shoot, reading comprehension > me. release tease says none of the original structures remain, nor the structures built in their place by the invaders, known as the Muramite
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

That intrigues me that somehow the Gates of Discord Muramite Invasion actually did happen at some point, but VERY VERY LONG AGO in the past. Why the continent isn't called Taelosia anymore is probably something we will learn about.

EDIT: There are Muramites visible in the preview pictures
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

You can still see some remnants that are recognizable as the original architecture but none of it, so far, is still standing as it was in EQ1. Definitely recognizable aspects from EQ1 though.
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Looks like they've crammed a lot of different setting themes into the various zones. I wonder how much of this will tie back to GoD and how much was just using a conveniently located landmass to have some place to put the new content.
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

/so . . . no new house or building blocks for this new expac?
    **Nevermind. . . I found it!**
  20. Dambae Shadowfury New Member

Ugh. I'd all but blocked GoD from my mind. Worst expansion ever :mad: