Nights of the Dead 2021 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Chrol Developer

Will get this fixed. Thanks!
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least one of my decos was able to buy up a ton of them on the Broker for outfitting a barracks with enough really fancy chamber pots to go around... ;->

Uwk
    Lord of many decorators ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Question: is the Damaged Obelisk Gravestone sold by Haint supposed to be bought with coin or Candy Corn (indicates Candy Corn atm)? It's been so long (at least a year!), I don't recall. If Candy Corn, why? Most of the non-fancy (not customizable, no spirits hovering around, etc.) tombstones are available for coin.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaitheel ? at what expansion do servers get festivals like the Night of the Dead
    or Frostfell ?
    Tarinax will get EoF at the end of Oktober .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Frulia Member

When I was testing out the new costumes, I noticed that mounts are not working correctly for the Vah Shir Skeleton costume. When I mounted, the costume didn't disappear like they normally do, and the mount never showed up. I was able to have the extra run speed, but then I was able to fly my character around. It was pretty funny to see my kitty running around in mid-air, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't intended :)
    I might try and put a video up to demonstrate this later.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Ok love new crafted stuff. Now for new type mounts - mini bat wings (maybe one white like bat mount and black/purple like nightmare wings), mini skeletal wings and either earn with candy corn or in store. Why the mini wings? They don't get in the way when decoing and when people have mounts out the still don't get in the way, also so cute!
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea just likwith the broom mounts and froglogs , they used to stand on the broom like on a serve board, serving the sky , to bad they fixed that .
  8. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Sory Niami, I did not mean location I meant status on updates of harvests in quest information. I found them easily, just though an update would help
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea it does not tell you how many of each you already picked up , you have to keep count , or keep on looking in your backpack.

O and never fear we still have the pumpkin witch outfit and that's the same pretty outfit , just in orange color .
    And there is a teal colored version .
  10. Kaitheel Developer

It has always been sold for Candy Corn. Much like the Aged Obelisk Gravemarker, a Grave Ending, Doomfire Gravestone, Doomfire Headstone, Doomfire Memorial Stone, to name a few.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Kaitheel Developer

It depends on the event due to the content involved and the zones used in that event, but a base necessity is EoF must be active for the entirety of the event.

~ Kaitheel
  12. Kaitheel Developer

That wasn't changed. Male frogloks still do that. Female frogloks ride the broom sidesaddle.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

I was unable to reproduce this issue. When I have the Vah Shir Skeleton costume on my character, they are seated on the mounts appropriately. Was there a specific mount you encountered this issue with? Did you try other mounts to see if the issue was only with certain types (ground, leaper, flyer, wings, etc.)?

~ Kaitheel
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Kaitheel I am only playing female characters so I did not notice , that the male froglogs still serve on their brooms .
  15. Frulia Member

With some more testing, I found that the glitch only occurs when I use wings as a mount appearance, such as my pine wings from Tinkerfest.
    I recorded myself demonstrating this glitch.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'oh! Okay, thanks. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG?: Okay, weird glitch, at any rate...

Doing the "A Nightmarish Illness" with a new toon (well, it's new for her ;->) on Test, and after A Terrified Gnome the Chicken-Hearted ran past me in the cut-scene, pursued by the half a spooky thing, it took FOREVER for the stupid cut-scene to be resolved...and can't we just do that as an ordinary "encounter," where the half thing doesn't react to us until we're right up on it, like many of the opponents out and about during the holidays? Can't we just make the stupid cut-scenes go away now, at least for that one? :-/

I was afraid I was gonna be booted either back to Character Select or out completely; it took about a minute for the post-cut-scene darkness to pass, and while I was playing a well-geared Berserker, I was worried that even if I was still in-game, I was getting my butt handed to me by the half thing. Finally came back in again, went around the corner looking for the half thing, and there's nothing there, not even the stupid chicken Gnome. X-P

I'll try continuing as if nothing happened; I'm so close to the center now it would be discouraging to have to start all over again (for THREE times total, if I do the run-through again for Monsieur L'Chicken) to get credit for it... :-/

EDIT: Ah! There's the half spooky thing, waiting for me not around the corner of the house, but further down the hedge "corridor," just before the last couple of turns to get to the center. X-P

Oh well, at least he was there at some point; gonna look for Mr. Chicken now...not that I can really talk to him yet, but that's probably one of the steps in crossing the t's and dotting the i's. :-/

EDIT: Yep, once I downed the spooky half dude, Mr. Chicken was around the corner. I didn't even eat him...this time. ;)

EDIT: On the plus side, it usually takes so long to recover from the center cut-scene that I tend to panic slightly; I've been in situations where by the time the screen faded back to "reality" from black, I was down to half hit points (I've since learned to start swinging/casting/etc. the moment my cursor comes back, black screen still or not). This time, there was no "fade back from black" at all; the moment Altius the Bozo finally stopped nattering about me running away ("Can't, dunderhead; it's a cut-scene...") and changed into a football-gear wearing giant wolf, it took about 1-2 seconds to come back to the reality of the fight in the center. So that was cool. ;->

EDIT: Okay, going through "A Nightmarish Return": much like the center fight, the cut-scene returned me to the reality of the maze with virtually no time spent, so bonus points for that! :D

EDIT: Gods-teeth... X-P Had a harrowing moment when the "return to reality from the cut-scene blackness" lasted a minute IN THE CENTER. That was unnerving. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lol I love it , I would want to keep that glitch , it's far more spooky than the wings . It almost looks like you hid youe mount when you put on those wings .

You can skip the cut seen by using escape .
    I wished we could skip the cut seen when we have to fight the last boss , he often attacks me when I am still stuck
    in the cut seen .
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

REALLY?? We can cut the cut-scene short by using Esc? We don't have to sit there and suffer through it?? :D

WOOT! :D I'll check that out with the next toon that needs it! Thanks! :D

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  20. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Can confirm the illusion issue.

Can't embed mp4 on here from imgur so here

On the bright side, I can roleplay as a levitating skeleton.

-eq skelly cackle-

edit: this only happens with NoTD illusions with wing-based mounts.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.