Nights of the Dead 2021 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Nights of the Dead has been activated on Test server!

Goblins and ghoulies emerge from the dark crevices across Norrath in celebration of Nights of the Dead!

Zintris has a new adventure for you in Qeynos and Freeport, while some returning challenges hold some new rewards. Whether you’re digging up a ghoulish good time in your favorite city, hunting ghosts in Antonica, or the Commonlands, or investigating any of the other haunted locations on this mortal plane, Terris-Thule is bound to have a good scare in store for you!

Those inclined to celebrate the holiday with a few crafting tricks or treats will find a new book of recipes full of new house items to craft, sold by Lil’ Boo, one of the official event merchants, along with other new items, while Haint, another merchant, sells the returning must-have items. There’s enough between the two of them to create your own haunted house!

New Features for '21!
    TLE Servers
    • Kaladim - the event is active, with the following exception:
      • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ)
    • Tarinax - TLE Holiday Merchant is available!

Live servers
    • New quest
      • Trick or Treatskiller - Offered by Zintris near Dreadnaught’s Plaza in City of Freeport, or at the Lion’s Mane Inn and Tavern in Qeynos Capitol District.
    • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ)
      • New rewards:
        • Haunted Horseman’s Steed Plushie
        • Season 8 familiars
    • New Collection
      • Facing Your Fears - Awarded as part of the Wake the Dead collections content
    • Added "Nights of the Dead treats" (candy) to drop as loot from Reign of Shadows undead and creepy crawlie beasts. It can either be sold to merchant for coin, or be used in tradeskilling.
    • 14 New house items and equipment sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
    • 2 New costume illusions sold by Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant
    • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead XIV" available from Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant

Returning features:
    • In-game mail informs everybody of the event!
    • Returning merchant items and recipes are are sold by Haint, a Nights of the Dead merchant, available in all player cities.
    • Achievements!
      • Baying at the Moon [series]
      • Calcified skeleton kills [series]
      • Wake the Dead
      • Candy Crusher
      • Closet Full of Skeletons
      • Tricky Treats
      • Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire
      • Nights of the Dead Devotee
    • Collections!
      • Werehunter's Survival Kit
      • Ghost Hunter's Pack
      • Grave Memories
      • Frightfully Frosted Cupcakes
      • A Swinging Wake
      • The Hollow Hedge Collection
      • Crunchy Candied Crickets
      • Deadly Remnants
      • Frightfull Fabric
      • Ghoulish Masks
      • The Great Haunt
    • Events!
      • Wake the Dead event in Qeynos, Freeport, Kelethin, New Halas, Gorowyn, Darklight Wood, Haven, Maj'Dul, and Great Divide.
        • New “Phantasm Witchcraft” clothing pieces added to the random treat box!
        • New collection added
        • Removed the "Sanguine Witchcraft” clothing pieces
        • Reduced Mummy Head drop rate
      • Haunted House in Qeynos and Freeport.
      • Haunted Mansion in Loping Plains
      • Haunted Hedgemaze Zone in Nektulos Forest!
      • Ceremonial Nightmarish armor pieces are worth 1 copper, once again, and have had two variant armor pieces added to the set
      • Calcified skeletons spawning in Antonica, the Commonlands, and Nektulos Forest.
      • Ponchy's quest line in Antonica.
      • Gigglegibber Goblins in the player cities that cast illusion costumes on players.
      • Candy drops!
    • Overseer Quests and Agents
      • Offered: Crinn Bryggin in Nektulos Forest
        • Bite Club - Topi di Ombra
        • Bite Club - Night Reapers
        • Bite Club - Bonecrunchers
        • Bite Club - Sun Manes
        • Bite Club - Wards of Dawn
    • Quests!
      • Headless or Tails (Headless Horseman PQ) - repeatable
      • Night of the Barking Dead - repeatable annually
      • Added new reward!
      • Broken Mirrors - repeatable annually
      • A Dream, By Any Other Name - repeatable annually
      • Survive the Night - repeatable annually
      • The Haunting - repeatable (18 hours)
      • This Won't End Well... - repeatable annually
      • There Will Be Ghosts - repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Illness - not repeatable
      • A Nightmarish Return - repeatable
    • Races!
      • Ghost Hunter: Commonlands
      • Ghost Hunter: Antonica

Due to the current update schedule, any feedback submitted after 10/10 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 10/15/21 at 12:01 AM PDT through 11/04/21 at 11:59 PM PDT on the live & TLE servers.

Happy hauntings!

~ Kaitheel
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

uuuuh , uh , uh , yay I was waiting for this :):D:):D:):D .

I love those new items green pumpkins without spooky faces or cut open top , new colors for those leaf shaped rugs .
    That prison cart would be great to transport my pet wild animals like my tigers and lions and bears oh my .
    I love the fall colored furniture and those ruby windows
    A leaf pile :cool: , I love it all down to the smallest laboratory distillery flask :)
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

I am not seeing any problems with the new quest, collection, rewards, petamorph, costumes, crates, or house items. With the possible exception of the flame on the candle. I will post a picture on Discord. Great job! :)

4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

(To make sure that the "flame on the candle" thing feedback is understood/remembered, the comment/query is that the flame on the "orange candle" does not resize when the candle is resized, though other similar candles properly have the flame also resize.)
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Running amok season is open!!!!

I must say I didn't find anything wrong with the new stuff yet.
    And I love the effects from candy dispensers from new quest
  6. Gelenor Well-Known Member

• New quest
      • Trick or Treatskiller - Offered by Zintris near Dreadnaught’s Plaza in City of Freeport, or at the Lion’s Mane Inn and Tavern in Qeynos Capitol District.
    I would recommend you get updates on the 3 harvest types before you need the "craft conjuration powder" stage. you get no indication regarding in-zone harvests
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

This is my yearly plea to make ancient desert urns transmutable for sweet sugary candy. ;)

Love the new quest!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Hartay , don't you have enough candy already ?
  9. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

never. and think, transmuting urns during non-notd? Candy has been sealed for freshness!
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

candied giant toes hmmmm
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

Throwing this in here in the hopes that the sanguine version of the outfit can be tossed in somewhere rather than poof completely. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Quest Broken Mirrors.

on lvl 90 Ennia ( chrono mentored), I was stuck eliciting all 5 of the correct memories, then going after spirit to the bar area and finding the bottles/spirits are not spawned. Essentially rendering the Furious spirit unkillable. Zoning out and back in, eliciting all memories again didn't help, ended up deleting quest.

tried on another alt, same situation (mentored down to 100) no bottles spawning, zoned out and in again, redid all memories and bottles were up! So I was able to finish on Chikkin. Also on this toon I noticed in the initial Furious spirit fight (before she wants memories) used to strip us of our bodies so only our spirits were fighting, that was not happening at all now, not sure if that's intended change or something happened to the script

I'll be trying on couple more alts, as another person in test mentioned bottles not spawning, so will try to repeat and replicate again
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Emereldas New Member

Ran Broken Mirrors with 120 Paladin, the bottles for the final fight refused to spawn. Left the zone, rezoned, same result. Deleted the quest, got it again still at 120. Went through quest, bottles refused to spawn, left and chronomentored to 100. Went back in, mob still at 120 (as expected) bottles did spawn for the final fight. Each bottle lowered mob's hp as expected. Bottles broke quickly despite them being red/120, mob died, quest completed.

Furious Spirit made me a ghost for each attempt of the quest. I only experienced bottles not spawning.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

We've been conditioned lately to auto scribing recipes for quests, Trick or Treatskiller puts recipe in bags.
    Just noting it in case folks lose it in our oversized bags before getting a chance to craft
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Actually, you get two mentions that the harvests are there in the city.

Zintris says to you, "Now that's good thinking! You can craft the fright conjuration powder. Here you go! Just follow the directions on the recipe. You should be able to find the fresh burial dirt, scarecrow bats, and ephemeral frights right here in the city."

When you open your quest journal and look at the quest, the quest stage header says:
    "I promised Zintris I'd help craft fright conjuration powder out of fresh burial dirt, scarecrow bats, and emphemeral frights, all of which can be found throughout the city."
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

I agree with Miragian. I loved the Sanguine outfits and was looking forward to getting it for my newest char. Please, please don't get rid of them!
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

and don't overthink where to find bats in the city (like I did) lol ..... just look at the name "scarecrow bats"
  18. floofloobunny Active Member

I ask every year, still no female drachnid costume or illusion options yet? The male zombie version is available forever ago. Is it not something that can be used as a costume/ illusion for other reasons? Id live to play as a female drachnid all the time.
  19. Kaitheel Developer

The base art of the object had to be edited to resolve this, so I don't expect the change to be live when the event is activated on 10/15 (due to art builds being less frequent than data builds), but the good news is the change is coming! The flame on the Orange Candle will scale much more like the flame Orange Candle Ringed by Russet Leaves.

~ Kaitheel
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I doubt it will be gone forever. Few things ever are. And that outfit is too good to keep away.

~ Kaitheel