Cant chat in the texting window in bottom left of screen.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Elkhunter, Sep 30, 2021.

1. Elkhunter New Member

The Maj Dual server crashed as I was playing with my toon, and now I cant Chat in the chat window, Not the voice chat. Some of my other new toons won't chat either. I checked my older toons, and I have no issues with them. I checked the older toon settings with the new toon settings, and the are exactly the same. How do I fix this problem.
    Thank you
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Can you only not do it in one chat window, or is it every chat window?
  3. Elkhunter New Member

Just one. The guild chat is the one that I cant talk to any of the guild members
  4. Bellamorte Active Member

right click on the window, and go to window options. If the Frame and Titlebar is selected, change it to none. That should solve it.
  5. Elkhunter New Member

Nope, didn't solve it. Tried it with the toons that can't chat and it didn't work. Thanks for the help though
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Move your mouse over it, and when it looks like a plus sign +, move the chant window. I have a large task bar for other things, and that is how I moved the chat window. Make sure it isn't set to locked first.
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

Is it only guild chat that doesnt work?
  8. Elkhunter New Member

Hello, thanks for all your help. I had put in a ticket, and they solved it. This is what to do in case anyone else has the same problem.
    /load_uisettings
    then just pick a different toon, and it works. You might have to rearrange your bars back to the order that you had them, but you can chat in the window to your guild.
    Again, thanks for everyone's help. Greatly appreciated.
  9. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Just relogging works as well fyi. I've had it happen a few times. Usually after a large lag spike or a crash to desktop.