Looking for home improvement

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by iamvegano, Sep 22, 2021.

1. iamvegano Active Member

Hi, I am looking for someone who might be interested in decorating my home or, being a guide to help me do it myself.

My Info
    iamvegana
    AB Server

Recently I saw on this server the house of Aloh.. nice windows, a bookshelf, and bright, happy, positive colors. I inspected some of the items and bought the same, where I thought I could replicate a few of these things, but it didn't work. So, it tells me I have no clue.

Some of the things I would like include:
    A window that has a blue sky (would be awesome if the sky was animated)
    Maybe some nice tile decorations on the wall or the ceiling borders or something..
    Would be awesome if I could have it snowing inside too.. :)
    Maybe tiled floors..
    A bookshelf that I can put my different books on
    And just to brighten things up a bit.

Ok.. this is where I start
    Xillean and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I do have someone on AB but I am not high level so cant really make things but I could deco if given the items.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's one of the reasons I love the holiday items when they're pretty generic, and not plastered all over with really obvious motifs (like a lot of the Frostfell stuff, sadly, though you can use items like that for "snowing" effects): the Dysfunctional Syrup Tap is good for old-fashioned pumps; the NotD butcher block is good for the kitchen at any time, etc. :)

Uwk
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Have you seen the NEW Glass Windows for this NOTD??? A.W.S.O.M.E . . . . I will be using those for EVERYTHING!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aren't those stunning? :D

We need more like that! More colors, more holidays, etc.! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

YES! YES WE DO!! GREEN, RED AND BLUE FOR FROSTFELL. PINK AND LAVENDAR FOR EROLISSI. . . .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

what we need most if clear-ish windows, I know clear is impossible so maybe just slightly dirty/foggy NOT animated but semi transluscent.
    Again... CLEAR no color
  8. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Maybe like a lightly frosted clear or a smoky grey clear.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know if they could do a completely clear thing without animation, a frame, or color of some sort.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. jamesstone44 New Member

An home improvement can be quite a challenging task, but it pays off in the end. Modernization is sweeping the world, and our homes should follow suit. Modernization is therefore the best way to renovate a home.
    These tips will help you improve your home in the modern era:
    1) Start with Your Appliances: You can renovate your home by upgrading your appliances, such as your refrigerator, stove and dishwasher.
    2) Focus on the Details: The details could include things like new lighting fixtures or sleek new hardware for your cabinets and drawers.
    3) Upgrade Your Closet: Installing a modern closet with plenty of storage options can help you to update your bedroom and make it seem more inviting.
    4) Update the Windows: New windows can also help to make your home more energy efficient in addition to modernizing the exterior.
    5) Get Tech-Savvy: Consider investing in smart home tools like smart thermostats and smart lighting systems.
    6) Don’t Forget the Outdoors: Make your outdoor space usable and easy-to-access. A sliding glass door is a great option for opening up your home and making it feel modern and spacious.
    7) Embrace Open Spaces: Open floor plans are all the rage these days. Do not use furniture to divide the living room from the dining room. Let them blend together.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Smart" home improvement...does that mean, call on a magic-user to have something intelligent possess my daub-and-wattle home? ;->

Uwk
    who, yes, has seen many a fridge, widescreen TV, computer, remote control, etc. in our medieval/Renaissance houses... ;->
    Breanna likes this.
  12. elflover Well-Known Member

5) Get Tech-Savvy: Consider investing in smart home tools like smart thermostats and smart lighting systems.

This I would avoid doing, sounds great but not really. If an electric company thinks your using too much power they'll turn your ac up/down or turn the power off (which they can do anyways) to prevent 'over loading of the grid', and they don't care if you have very young or elderly which can't handle too hot or too cold. Also if someone really wanted makes your home hackable. It's less control of your home. Thanks but no thanks.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

Yeah, oh hell, no. "You can turn on your lights, and your heater so it'll be nice and warm when you come in, and even unlock your door [emphasis mine] so you won't have to fumble around with keys in a rainstorm! All from the cozy warmth of your own car with your own smartphone! :D" Yeah, you and anyone ELSE who can intercept the signal. >:-/

The grid thing could be helped if you've got solar, but I can't imagine there being individual, uninterceptable signal pathways for each homeowner... Who knows, maybe Everhart Construction gets more for a house with all that in there. /shrug

Uwk
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You guys DO realize that was spammer, right?

I mean, seriously, what's that got to do with decorating in EQ2?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, there are those who like modern-day accoutrements in their medieval/Renaissance houses... ;->

And given that hardly anyone knows about this game, I find it amusing that someone would actually try to advertise here. :D

Uwk
  16. Stellacious Active Member

So you want to find a decorator...

Join the decorator channel, even temporarily, by typing in this line command: /join antonia_bayle.homeshow or /join homeshow (if you are on the AB server).

From this channel you can talk to decorators across all the servers and make your requests known. Most decorators have characters and work on most servers. Including those that may call your server home.

Decorators, of a serious nature, can provide references as well as examples of their work. They should decorate to your wants and not to their own style. Be prepared to discuss how and when payment for their services will be provided, as well as your personal likes and dislikes.

Having your space decorated well by a professional can improve your game play!

Wishing you good hunting,
    Stellacious :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S an ad! :D

Uwk
    who'd LOVE to have a step-by-step, itemized wish list... ;)
    iamvegano likes this.
  18. iamvegano Active Member

Where can I find these nice windows?
    Also, if anyone knows how to make a bookshelf that I can actually put my books on, I would really love that
    And of course, I would love to do some tiling, but no idea where to begin... well, with many things not just tiling :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. iamvegano Active Member

I am on homeshow in AB and have asked for help a few times and was suggested to post a message here in the forums. So, I am in a circle of going not so far
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the time between the big Nights of the Dead/Frostfell decorating push and the upcoming big Erollisi Etc. holidays is a bit of a breather for the decorators out there. Rest assured, they will be back! :)

And skinning, or re-skinning as some call it (not sure why, actually; I guess because the original walls, floor, ceiling, etc. are the first "skins" of a house or hall?), is pretty easy, if you like numbers. Imho, one of the better ways to learn the specific numbers involved in a layout file is to take a peek at the Mistal's Notepad Method thread, originally started back in the mist of time and revamped for our modern day. Even if you don't use Notepad (and it is very no-frills; if you want to do anything fancy, you'll have to do it all yourself, with no nice aids; one reason why I eventually gave up on it and went with Sennen's OpenSource Editor, mostly), it'll be a good intro, I like to think, as to what-all those scary-looking eight digits after the decimal point numbers mean. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.