"Beyond the Shattered Sea" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Uwk, I wonder if (since the resin is treated as harvestable) it might be the case of all harvests depopping in the zone and then you gotta wait for them to repop
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I have yet to not find even one of them up in a zone full of people, but by now I know exact spots where they can spawn

Edit: and I still think this is a bottleneck, unnessessary complication in what coulda shoulda been a mindless semi fun, non game breaking prelude grind
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There should be x number up all the time, so I seriously think you must be missing several spawn points. There are numerous spawn points in and around around the village, and a few spots around the docks as well. My understanding about how these are set up is that when they fall below a certain number spawned, more repop immediately, so there never should be more than a couple seconds of none being up before more repop.

(And they're not technically harvestables - you cannot track them, just mouse over every vase you see until you find the ones you can yoink.)
  4. Frubar Member

Uwk,
    Did you check around the village across the waterway over by the Quo Augren Pack Pony questline?
  5. Komatus Well-Known Member

Yes, the pots show up mostly in the town of Shin and only 4 or 5 places around the Farseas dock area/crafting area. They are nice round/globe shaped vases, light tan in color, pretty much flat with no shine, medium sized, small opening at top, and stamped on the bottom it says made in China.:)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I finally wised up and just went out again with my high-level Wizard; she easily racks up dozens of Acorns just by getting the "fill up the chests, kill the Boss Mob" type zones. But thanks for the offer! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I had. I had all 3 crafting quests, I had deleted them all and tried only one at a time, then two at a time, then deleting them all and zoning all the way out, then getting 1 crafting quest, then zoning all the way out, then a variety of combinations; I figured out the whole "you won't see it 'til you're on a crafting quest" bit my first go. :-/

And now I'm on Public Test actually trying it out (heh! Didn't get a chance to get to it before it went Live, for once ;->), and I'd finished my Tailor craft quest first (Sailcloth), then my Carpie (the Crates), then my Provie (Grog), only to get ANOTHER Tailor craft quest (Rope), without turning in my first completed Tailor quest to the NPC yet. It'll use up all the rest of my Harvested Metal from the Bank, and I didn't even want the quest. :-/

The good news is, I was finding way more Mara Resin this time, on Public Test. Not like 48 or 51 of 'em, but enough to get a couple of "sets" of the 3 crafting quests done. Maybe that's what confused the NPCs... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Seriously?? RL new year, as in Jan. 1st, 2022?? :D

LOVE YOU, KAITHEEL!!!! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was doing that; I know where their spawn points were, I had at least one crafting quest up every time I was looking for it, and nothing was showing. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! No, I didn't think to! Thanks! Should I get frustrated looking for a silly limiting factor Primary Component again, I'll try there! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Yes, I know what the pots look like, I'd found them several times before (just not that one night, on that one server...very odd), but I always just figured they'd only be where the "evil furriners" were, since it would be faster and easier for us to obtain them if they were that close to the NPCs, the things we had to click, and the crafting stations. :-/

(And no, "made in Mara." :D)

Uwk
    Breanna and Komatus like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm in Thurgadin, and had just finished my three crafting quests. I immediately (well, very quickly) went to pick up 3 more quests, since I had enough non-rare mats on me, and while it was pretty easy to find a bit of Mara Resin the first time, this time I wasn't finding ANY, again. Perhaps I have to zone out before picking them up again -- nah, that didn't work in Skyfire... :-/

Before I could panic, I did find a couple of jars of it; yay...but that was it, and I had 3 quests to work on. Wasn't finding any anywhere in the foreigners' side, so I swam across to the main town and found some there.

But -- what do the Marans use it for? Why haven't we seen this stuff earlier (okay, fine, there are quite a few "generic pots" around that might have it, ostensibly, and I think I vaguely recall something like that from one of the level 50 crafter questlines, but that's gotten from local NPCs exclusively), or why not just have as part of the dialogue, "Ya might want ta scoop up some o' the special stuff we got from the locals in trade" or whatever, where the only pots in the area are close to where we need them to be (and if that is in the dialogue, my apologies for not noticing it earlier. I still vote they should be where we need them to be for the sake of the meta- questline). ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Komatus Well-Known Member

Don't know why but the resin doesn't seem to spawn as well on the Farseas Outpost side. I too have had trouble finding it on that side. I always go into the village and never have trouble finding the stuff there. The thinking behind why it is as it is....well, my guess is the dev who did it didn't want to make it a total milk run. The name of the game is Everquest and lots of the quests in the game seem to make you run around alot...lol.:)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, and how much of that "running around" bit is considered fun? :-/ It's one thing if you have to go from Point A to Point B to Point C, etc., to further a quest, but we're already doing enough of that in the three adventuring quests (never realized before this Event how much Oakmyst Forest is actually a maze ;->), and if you want to make up the numbers of Acorns by crafting (we get 10 Acorns per adventuring quest if we're Members, or 30 total for the set of three [4 total for each of the three Bosses; 6 total for each of the three Loot Chests filled]; the three crafting quests only return 12 for that set of three for Members), I think the time were better spent actually, y'know, crafting... :-/

I think part of the disparity in Acorn value may be that the adventuring quests take much longer, if you're not a high level Wizard or Warlock (and my goodness, my squishies blew through every single zone like cloth-wearing tornadoes [it was sooo gratifying!]; it don't matter if yer squishy if you one-shot everything ;->). In the amount of time it'd take to normally go through the three adventuring sites, you could do enough crafting sets to get comparable amounts? My toons who couldn't one-shot everything that had the poor taste to move and be aggro often wound up trying to avoid combat in those zones except for self-defense and the needed Boss triggers, since it would take too long. :-/ Fortunately, I noticed that the aggro range on just about everything was within "I can now see your label approaching" distance, so that helped. :)

Those servers where I had high-level squishies? I got MOST of my Acorns (over 200 on one server) by going through the zones again and again until I'd finished the Collections (no matter how many duplicates I'd get in "Oakmyst Forest"; that was irritating :-/), and gleefully slaughtering everything in those zones...whether they were in my way or needed for the Boss or not. ;-> So! Kaitheel, if you were responsible for this, thank you SOOO much for the kill therapy! That was awesome! :D Only did the crafting like once for the set of three. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Komatus like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I killed every single mob in the 2 secondary zones , and never found a named , where are those to be found ?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

in the hut on pier, on top of the "temple", in the cave
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok the Oakmist in cave , and the hut on the pier on the Rum Runner island , but where is the third one ?
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

the stone structure with the monkeys, something spawns on top
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I will have to see if they spawn for me next time .
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kill the 7 monkeys and a sphinx spawns on top of the structure. The boss is always a "kill all 7 of this specific mob" before it will spawn.