Not A Bug Shadow Trickery/Whirling Blades post patch

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Standard, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Standard Member

It's always unnerving when your chosen class is met by Sauron's gaze (attention of the devs) in the patch notes. And I'm afraid, this has turned into a nerf. I'm sure from the wording of the patch notes, that was not intended.

Shadow trickery at Ancient level now increases the fervor granted from Whirling Blades (also Ancient) by a whopping 4.6 (to a total of 11.9). Pre-patch it was supposed to grant 20 after applying Shadow Trickery. Please fix.
    Darant, Majandra, Quillyne and 5 others like this.
  2. Standard Member

Bump. I'm sure this wasn't meant to be a nerf.
  3. Ziefren Active Member

Seeing the same thing.
  4. Sniper Member

I really don’t have high hopes on this one even being read, sorry for being Debbie downer ….. but bump it up
  5. Sniper Member

Bump back up
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

It seems whenever the wording is suddenly changed on something, we get our hopes up, "oh yeah, it's broke...we'd really like that extra 5 fervor we were supposed to get...4 years ago... Oi mate, ya punched me feels." Couldn't have just fixed it to do what it was supposed to do. Ya had to get all fancy with it, and now it's feelin worse than before.
  7. Sniper Member

Or here’s an idea, try fixing raid encounters and other things that hinder actual game play for the whole community. I mean the fevor on an assy spell is more important I guess
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

fixing raid encounters and other game-hindering things is important. broken spells on any class should also be important.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Standard Member

Let's not derail too far, this needs fixing. Bumpage.
  10. Caith Developer

Before the update, Shadow Trickery was an absolute override amount of Fervor, which depending on the level and tier and version of Whirling Blade could decrease the amount of Fervor you gained from Whirling Blades, and it would absolutely do so as Whirling Blades increases in power. For example, if Whirling Blades granted 7.3 Fervor, apprentice Shadow Trickery would reduce the amount by 5.6.

The new version of the effect scales the amount of Fervor you gain based off of the source ability, so it cannot reduce Whirling Blades base grant and in all cases will be a net gain as Whirling Blades gains power.