House Deco Challenge - Reignite the Laughter

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Komatus Well-Known Member

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Don't think it's over yet, or been judged yet? Oaky was going to, but then apparently RL hit like a ton of bricks with a vengeance. :(

Uwk
    Komatus and Breanna like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. RL is kicking me really hard. I owe people an update on what is going on and was just thinking I better post something which is why I found this post. I am going to try to doing all the videos for this event and assigning winner by October 15th. I am thinking on something extra I might be able to do as a thank you for being patient with me. Here is the update on my RL:

Please don't think that I am not wanting to see people's houses. I really really do. I am disabled and too much hit my RL which is making doing anything difficult right now. I was ready to divorce my husband. Due to the pandemic and housing market, it made this task very difficult. I couldn't rent anything near my family and I tried to buy a place. However, everything fell through due to a law in this other state that I didn't know about. I tried to stay with my family but immediately became overwhelmed. I hadn't seen my family in person since around 2006. Both parents are disabled plus my sister and her husband are disabled as well. They all live together with 2 dogs. Adding my 2 kittens and me to the mix made it crazy. I went back home right away which wasn't the plan either but things happened out of my control. After trying to a couple weeks while having pneumonia, I returned back to my family.

Leaving a second time gave my husband a huge wake up call. We finally were listening to each other and he finally saw what my life was like and why I couldn't continue living that way. My husband spent time with my family and they tried to hate him but he showed he was willing to make changes to keep his family. I let him take the kittens back home with him and I stayed with my family for several weeks. How my parents have changed opened my eyes. My mom used to do everything but now she is in a wheelchair permanently and relies on my dad for almost everything. My dad has completely changed and is taking care of her and is so loving to her now. We are working on fixing up our house to sell it because the stairs are killing my knees. It is major work since everything has been falling apart and breaking. We are still working on our relationship but the changing takes time. I don't know how things will turn out.

After returning, we both got Delta. I also hurt my hip either from working on fixing up house or my knee that keeps popping in and out of socket. With all the extra pain and husband working from home, haven't been able to sit down and focus on the thing I love doing which is videoing all your amazing houses. We now have hot water (water heater was broken for about 6 months), a working kitchen sink and dishwasher. Paint is on the walls for about half the house (only primer on walls since 2005). New lights being installed. All sorts of updates so house will sell for more money. Lots and lots more to come. We are having new bed delivered on Tuesday. I am very hopeful this bed will help with me sleeping and relieving some of this pain. Just laying on the bed in store for 5 minutes I started feeling the pain getting less and less. Next weekend I will start doing videos even if it is only one at a time. I have been in game but I can only do one or two quests (for prelude) and then need to afk for long periods of time. Doing this not only for the amazing new house items and the recipe book but so I can sit at computer long enough to do videos. Miss Rose Bud is doing her part by snuggling in my lap or on my feet at the computer. Both kittens are now snuggling with me on the couch which is amazing. Things are on the path to getting so much better.

Hugs!!! :)
  4. Komatus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! :) I hope and pray that your pain is reduced and things in general get better!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes for sure! What Komatus said :) Please get better. And maybe your kittens and my 3 kittens could have a play date. LOL I'm surprised the curtains are still on the windows. But kittens are so fun to watch and make you smile even when you don't want to. Now if I could just get mine to snuggle.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congrats on things looking up! :D Take all the time you need, Oaky. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Can you please pay rent on your entry? I did videos on all the other houses. Thanks. :)

Correction: I missed one house cuz I missed moving one screenshot of the house info into my special folder. It was around when my window for doing videos went poof for the day and I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore anyway. Hopefully I can finish up tonight. I submitted for the participation prizes before heading for sleep.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Participation prizes were given out yesterday afternoon. It went directly into bags. The item name is "Brazier of the Reignited Flame". Here is list of who received the item:

Antonia_Bayle.Murrpau
    Halls_of_Fate.Scrumpy
    Isle_of_Refuge.Lake
    Maj_Dul.Azzuriite
    Maj_Dul.Xxtacii
    Skyfire.Baeletha
    Thurgadin.Puppetmonster
    Test.Ollamh

I will send out winner info and send out prizes as soon as I can. Waiting on someone to pay rent and then I can do last 2 videos. Will post here with the info.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

:oops: On my way! :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...just to make sure we're on the same page, this was for my Thurgadin place that Otocolobus did, right (PM'ed entry on Feb. 11)? Her 2-room New Halas place, called Reignite the Laughter 2021 (formerly Cube Petting Zoo - Enter at Own Risk or something along those lines)? There was about two weeks' worth of rent still on that one, I think; 12+ days when I came in to pay upkeep. :-/

Just want to make sure I'M not lost (it's so easy to do... ;->)! :D

EDIT: Ah! Nope, I see the participant prize is for Ollamh over on Test...but that was for Reignite the Flames. I got confused...mainly 'cause I think you'd already done a video on that one? That was a 2-room place in Gorowyn on Public Test.

EDIT: Oookay, this is getting weird; good thing I was standing right outside that door in Gorowyn, since in the Housing Leaderboards, that place (~Flames~ is Right...) isn't showing up at all on the lists, and it's been published and everything. Is it confusing the system with the punctuation special characters? People use those all the time to get ahead of the pack; didn't think anyone would have a problem with it... ;->

Fortunately, I got in the door. Unfortunately, it still counts as published, so I can't place Ollamh's participant award yet... X-P

Bah, I'll unpublish, place the award, then see about renaming it and if that makes a difference. Wish me luck...

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, both houses should have their rents full up! :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I will video the new house on Thurgadin but you submitted the Test server house. I put a new rule for next Reignite to be new to my event. Since I took so long to announce a winner and do videos, etc. PLUS you guys all did amazing jobs I just assigned all 8 of you the expander. However, I cannot gift on Test. I sent your Test character a mail message about options. I will have to change rules for the Reignite the Magic since I cannot gift on Test. Sorry Uwk. Hopefully you can find a house that is anywhere else.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The house I submitted, according to a PM in February, was the house in Thurgadin for the "Reignite the Laughter"; the house on Test was for "Reignite the Flames" for last year's Scorched Sky, if memory serves.

I'll PM you... :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.