What exactly is it?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Celestia, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

What is a Guide Event? I get that they role play, but why do you need invites to participate in getting the quest? Or am I just confused because for some reason I can't find an npc and everyone keeps shouting out in chat that they want at invite to Kylong?
    Doobius270 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Guide_Events
  3. Celestia Well-Known Member

I looked at that. Sorry but I’m still confused. Do I need to be in a group to see the npc? Is that why people were shouting for invites?
    Doobius270 likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The reason people are asking for invites is so they can use Veteran Call to get to the quest giver, or the zone is full and they want to be able to switch over to the instance of the zone with the quest giver.
  5. Doobius270 New Member

Guide events are run by community helpers and they post their intentions to have a Guide event here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/guide/index.php?forums/everquest-ii-guide-events.330/

You need to find your server and look at the latest message - you may have missed this one because they are sometimes spontaneous and without much warning. BUT, IF you watch that forum for your server you can keep up with where and when, and where the Guide NPC will be within the game. They'll give you a quest to do and it will auto-update when you finish it.

Have fun!
    Komatus likes this.
  6. Celestia Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!!! I get it now. :)
    Komatus likes this.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

There's multiple reasons!

To add to this, they also shout out for groups because some of the quests when offered to one person it gets offered to all in the group.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

I see, thanks again all.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Not all guide quests are auto update , but guides give a quest to do and you have to return to them and had over items to get the reward .
    It also sometimes pays to be witty and funny , if the guide is entertained by your role-play you might end up with extra rewards .
    Other times it's just fun to make a person laugh who just stands there for half an hour or so to hand out quests .
    This last one was funny because one of my toons made it there just in time for the guide to start running away ,
    and I had to chase him to get my quest , that gave one other person a chance to get the quest too .
    Just as spontaneous as the arrival is the time they call it a day is too , that's why you should try to get there as soon as you can especially if you have more than one toon you want to do this on .

Thanks for telling us that everybody in a group get's the quest that will help a lot .
    Jaden and Breanna like this.