Can't progress quest "Noble Carnage" in Maldura: Palace Foray [Event Heroic]

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sigrdrifa, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Can't progress quest "Noble Carnage" in Maldura: Palace Foray [Event Heroic].

I mentored to level 105 and entered Maldura: Palace Foray [Event Heroic]. I used the whistle and horn to kill the alpha wolf and boar, then went up top and killed the waves of Primordial Malice.
    Unfortunately, Dragoon Z'Koz is not going aggro so I can kill him to complete the zone and quest.
    Carynn likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I tried using an Overseer reset bauble, reset the zone, and got the same results.
    Next, I got my warlock, mentored her down to 105, and tried it. Same thing, ending in 5 waves of Primordial Malice that I slaughter, but then no further mobs are active and this I can't progress the quest "Noble Carnage" OR "the Beasts Unleashed".
    This is not a one-off problem. It should easily be recreated by taking a level 120 toon, mentoring to level 105, then pick up the quests outside of Maldura and try the zone. It's an Event Heroic, so it's ridiculously fast to test.
  3. Komatus Well-Known Member

I did this quest on several of my toons years ago when Thalumbra was fresh. There was some trick to it....not necessarily a bug...Just had to do it in a certain way to get it to work. Once I figured it out, it was easy and seemed to always work. What the particulars of that trick was I don't remember....old guy here and memory not that great anymore.lol!:) I do believe someone wrote up a post about it back then so there might be an old post about it with the procedure you had to use.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, the initial part you are given a flute and a horn, and you use those on one of the adds to transfer into that creature's body, which allows you to see one of the three mobs immobilizing the name. You do that on either side, then go up top where it SHOULD be a classic ring event, where you get 5 waves of Primordial Malice adds, then the final name.
  5. Komatus Well-Known Member

Not 100 percent sure but it might have been something you had to do at the very beginning of the whole thing. I am getting a vague memory that there might have been more than one instance that you could get into and if you got into the wrong one it won't work right for the quest. Like I said....memory is bad about it. :( Anyway if that is it, the whole problem is in figuring out how to get the right one.
  6. Chrol Developer

Might be an issue where you're killing the spawned Primordial Malice militants so fast that the zone isn't tracking it properly to trigger the boss. I just tested it and it worked for me, but I was killing things one at a time around 300 68.98 0 and letting them come down to me.
    Komatus likes this.
  7. Komatus Well-Known Member

That could be it. I just remember a few people had trouble with it back in the day when that was the current expac.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm letting them come to me, but the conjy and warlock are AOEing them down (one-shot) once they get there. I'll try it with a healer.
  9. Daryx Well-Known Member

I just tried it with my conjuror with no issues. I used the tank pet and let it handle all the waves; it still one shot them but it took longer between each hit for it to recharge its attack.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

OK, checked and if I just fight the adds one-by-one, the quest correctly progresses. It would be nice, however, if it understood that when the adds are all dead in a one-shot that it SHOULD progress.
    Carynn and Komatus like this.