"Beyond the Shattered Sea" Prelude event - Bugs and Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...do you run in first-person camera views? Because I always get motion sick after about 15 minutes or so of just doing that; I have the free (= beta) version of Minecraft, and that's how I figured out that, while I don't get motion sick at all on land (never seasick, never airsick, and the only times I've been carsick, I'd've been sick back home in my own bathroom without having moved), I definitely do in first person. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Well said, Niami!

I will take this moment to point out that a big number of the items on the prelude merchant stem from player requests, including the new recipe scroll and many of the returning merchant items. So, even if your feedback doesn't get used for that specific event, know that there's still hope for incorporating it in the future!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! :D

And this is why we love you, Kaitheel! :D Well, one of many reasons... ;)

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Miragian Well-Known Member

Sad to see that some of the other items didn't get reused. I'm looking at you scroll but, I'm just bias cause I missed the last two prelude events. Great to see so many items in general for this one. Particularly the blocks that I wish we could craft (Elarylia... spelling, the kind of bright aqua colored ones).
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow , never even thought to look at the test server forum for an event to test , thought it's another 2 months

COOL , thanks Kaitheel , and I think we always should have tested this preludes ,you don't need a Beta for this .
    And I am so looking forward to seeing this new lands .
    I too was always thinking that there should be something on the other side of Norath , and what will the new discovered
    natives call our planet that we share, are they friendly or do they want to chop of our heads ?
    But for now we just have to get ready and only the future will tell .
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, even if the Sundering or Fracturing or Smashing or whatever-ing occurred in our neck of the woods, smashing up our continents here, the repercussions would still be felt, even around the world, somehow. There's an argument about what killed off the dinosaurs in RL, if it was "just" increased volcanism and mountain range building, or the doomsday meteorite that whacked into the Yucatan. My personal theory is that, if you throw a big enough rock at a ball of Jell-O with a thin crust on the surface, the crust at the opposite "end" of the sphere is gonna bunch up from the sheer waves of force involved, so it was probably both astronomy and geology. ;->

So, even if all their reaction was, "What was that noise...?" they might be at least curious. :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think the disaster that hit Norrath on our side hit the whole planet

The dinosaur meteor brock into several pieces and hit the earth all around .
    To begin with the dinosaurs were already on the decline most likely diseases and the change of vegetation gave them problems , the meteor was just the last nail in the coffin .
    There were still dinosaur fossils found for a wile after , but their centuries or even millennia were counted.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Kraylik New Member

Finally found some Mara Resin. No mention that it was 'harvestable' as a vase on the docks. Very confusing.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

good to know thanks Kraylik
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is the Mara Resin in those containers that, according to the preview on Traders (thanks, Denmum! :D), you can buy off the merchants (and can we please, please, PLEASE get at least some items on the Loyalty Merchants later, like they used to do in the past World Events?? Please? :-/ If you don't want to have the Building on Sundered Ground I/II available at all [though I'd definitely be for all that making them available bit!], then at least things like the house items)?

That might be an easier way to find them, if that's the case...

(And nope, haven't gone in there yet, but I should...)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

When you examine the crafting quests in your journal, it mentions that the Mara resin is found around town. (I can't get you the exact words without logging in). My mention that it looks just like the vendor-buyable house item is to help you have a visual cue when you go looking for it because they use the same art.

It is "just" a spawn around Mara, both in the village itself, and around the dock area, and a certain number of them should be up at any given time so the spawns can keep pace with the demands of a large number of players at once.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It doesn't show the lovely blue "it's over in here somewhere in this part of the map, folks! :D" that others do?

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They pretty much stopped doing those ROIs a few years ago, with a few minor exceptions. The urns can spawn in a rather large chunk of the zone, though, so once you know what you're looking for, it is pretty easy to zoom around the zone and mouse over any urns that you see to see if they're the right ones.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

A question. Can anyone confirm any zones where elementals are dropping the Arcane Umbra Gravel other than Thalumbra? That's the only one I can actually find a specific mention for and it's no use at all to a level 60ish Brigand. So far I've tried smacking elementals in 4 different zones that ran the original prelude quest and found a truckload of terrain, various stones, faction items and a few L&L pieces but not one single piece of gravel. The new recipe book won't be much use without the gravel with which to make stuff. :(
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sadly, unless they bring those back for this Prelude, nope, the only elementals who drop that are indeed in Thalumbra. When they first trotted out the concept way back when in the Sundered Ground world event back in 2015, I was hoping that afterwards, any Earth elemental you could take down, from 1st level up to level cap, would have a percentage chance to drop the Gravel, like a Rare, but I was so very, very wrong. X-P

What server are you on? I'm on all the regular ones (AB, Halls of Fate, Maj'Dul, Skyfire, Thurgadin) as well as Public Test, and have level 100+ toons on each; I could get you some. But even the ones in Thalumbra don't drop off every one. It's really frustrating. X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Tkia Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer, Uwk, but I was really doing it as a debugging exercise to assess the extent of the problem. Currently I still have stacks that I farmed on the last event, although if I decided to do a new build or full re-skin I'd eat through those pretty fast and need a new supply. However, as it stands, a new player can come along, earn and spend 80 coins on the 2 level 2 recipe books only to find that they can't make any of the recipes since they can't access the primary component without having a level 100 adventurer toon on their account. That seems kind of off for an event that can be enjoyed by a level 10 adventurer or level 2 artisan to then require a level 100 adventurer to make the most of their earned rewards. There's likely to be some very frustrated and irritated new players and probably a bunch of older ones who already used up their gravel on the old recipes and need to re-supply to make the new.

Kaitheel, any chance of getting this stuff added to the general loot tables for elementals at all levels? I had thought it was mentioned that it would be available from mobs in all 28 of the original prelude zones once the event was over. A bit less fragmented terrain and a bit more gravel would be awesome. :D
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY AMEN to this!!! Something I, too, have been wanting ever since the original event. If those [rooster]amamie Shadow Beast things can stick around waaaaaaaay after the introduction of the Channeler class (who, I notice, seem to be the only ones who CAN'T see and be bothered by the stupid things) and gang[molest] all the other "teenager" Tier 2 toons, surely there should be some compensation for that? >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Its weird that channelers cant see those dark spirits after all Spirit thing is channelers thing why cant they interact with the spirits i will never understand...... Arent they supposed to channel those spirits too?
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The whole thing about those stupid Shadow things that should have gone the hell away after that World Event/Prelude/Whatever was over is that if you aren't overwhelmed by 6 things ganking you all at once at your level (thankfully only blue, actually [that might've changed; I seem to remember white back in the day, even after the event], but it was a bit of a surprise when Uwk here was traipsing down one of the major roads out of North Qeynos to Antonica and he got jumped by them) and kill them all, they'll drop a "continue the quest" item. If you're on like a Tier 2 toon, it is further dismaying to be told that your next step is to go to Kunark and find NPCs without getting killed by everyone who will hate you in that area until you build up faction with them. Then you go off to more NPCs in an area flooded with level 85+ aggro critters, and you have to try to find a safe spot to wait while the two idiots you need to talk to gibber at each other in an extended conversation that you're just supposed to listen in on while the aggro critters circle closer and closer. X-P

After doing all that and surviving, or at least not having your gear reduced down to 0% after all the deaths, you go bipping about after the idiot NPCs tell you where you're supposed to go, only to find things that might actually be useful for a Channeler... For anyone else, it's ENTIRELY too long, and the only real "reward" is not ever being bothered by those stupid Shadow things again.

FOR. THAT. TOON.

If it were account-wide, or even just server-wide, that'd be worth it. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

Please stay on topic.

~ Kaitheel