The Expedition Begins!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

Batten down the hatches and get ready to set sail! Adventure awaits!

[IMG]

We're proud to announce that our next expansion, Visions of Vetrovia, is coming! You’re going to need to be prepared. While many of you have had your attention focused on the Celestial landscapes and the threats therein, others have never stopped looking across the vast oceans of Norrath. An enterprising captain by the name of Douglan Wakerunner is convinced there are uncharted lands still waiting to be found! He has convinced the Far Seas Trading Company to invest in his endeavor and is now looking to hire a few good adventurers to join his crew.

[IMG]
    Douglan Wakerunner at the dock in The Village of Shin

Sign up and set sail with The Swimming Oak, and see what adventures await us all . . . beyond the Shattered Sea!
    [IMG]
    Pirate ship in the bay at The Village of Shin

Adventure Awaits!
    This prelude adventure includes three new repeatable tradeskill quests, four new adventure quests (three of which are repeatable), three new collections, and an event merchant featuring 19 new items including a new mount and a new recipe book! It will all begin once you log into game and check your in-game mail.

Be sure to visit Aariena Glitterflitter, the Swimming Oak Merchant, located near the docks in The Village of Shin. She has an impressive list of new items as well as some recognizable ones from previous events. Items are available for exchange using Bobbing Acorns.

Get ready to set sail for what will surely be an epic adventure! The Prelude begins after scheduled downtime completes on September 14, 2021 and will go until we release the next expansion.

[IMG]
    Stuck away from your computer right now? We've had our resident photographer take these photos highlighting some of the things you'll encounter.

[IMG]
    Brilsa Stouthandle, the wood worker, in The Village of Shin
    [IMG]
    The dock at The Village of Shin
    [IMG]
    Lichveil Island
    [IMG]
    Skerry Hideaway
    [IMG]
    Aariena Glitterflitter near the docks in The Village of Shin
    [IMG]
    A collection of new wares available through Aariena Glitterflitter
    [IMG]
    Cursed Skallywag at Skerry Hideaway
    [IMG]
    Savage Cay
    [IMG]
    Iksar ghost on Lichveil Island
    [IMG]
    Owlbear on Lichveil Island
    [IMG]
    Skerry Hideaway
  2. Peredhel Active Member

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing it. It'll be nice to sail the high seas again.

Question: I've missed using some of my tokens from previous expacs (Deep Copper and GLEESH); can we exchange them for Bobbing Acorns or Elemental Storm Shards, which seem to still be accepted?
  3. Rynnn Member

Love this game and so excited about new lands and recipes. I just need more bank storage lol.
    Will we be getting a higher level to level up to at some point???
    Kassamai and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. isest Active Member

looks interesting, questions are as follows. Are we staying at the current level, or are we going up in level? When are we getting the panda summer quest or is that now a thing of the past?
    Misstake and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd like Skerry Island, with the house and dock, available as player housing! Pretty please.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

It already is. That's just the Rum Runner's Cove house with a few minor tweaks. Rum Runner's has three houses on the dock, instead of one, and they added some big rocks in the water.
    Kassamai, Breanna, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  7. Doobius40504 Active Member

I'd love to find out the answer to this question. SO many abandoned currencies in my currency window as it is.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Aenvar Member

I'm getting a "The Buried Sea" feeling...

Loving the theme on this one, all the images look great, can't wait to jump in!
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I can't see a single one of those pictures , will have to go there myself I guess .
  10. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I hope that is coming :)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen yes! Me too! :D

Uwk
    Breanna and Aenvar like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But is that one still available? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I often can't, but I'm getting all these now...is it just loading time or the type of image? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Ndiar Active Member

You can trade in old currencies for transmutables to a gnome on the Butcherblock Docks.
  15. smithgib New Member

Reusing Rum Runners Cove house with only one house on the beach does not make this new content by my reckoning. Nice to know about the currencies exchange on Butcher Block Dock. I did think that the house might not have an expansion, so maybe this is the expansion it belongs in or there is another out there I have not seen yet. I guess I will need to check game for the Buried Sea area as I find several of the pictures here remind me of other parts of the Rum Runners Cove house and the scenery thru the cave at the north end of the inlet where the Village of Shin is located.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

dude this is just the prelude
  17. Kaitheel Developer

See Claudia, the Token Exchange Merchant, during the monthly city festivals to exchange some of your older event coins, such as Deepwater Copper and G.L.E.E.S.H. Marks into City Tokens.

~ Kaitheel
  18. Misstake Well-Known Member

I was also super curious as to when we would get the summer quests. I loved these as they have some of the house items that we can no longer get as they are vaulted.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

panda is coming, no longer summer because yeah

but panda is coming panda panda panda
  20. Radagasst New Member

I just hope after seeing the "Striped Pteranodon" mount & the reintroduction of our pirate friends...this doesn't mean we will be going back to Tranquil & Phantom Sea's again. /crossing fingers
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.