New Expansion - Itemization and Rewards

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mint, Aug 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Hi,
    i have nothing against the fact that someone who invests more time gets more rewards. I am against it if these rewards can only be achieved by other characters and cannot be received by the player with only one character. And that's exactly what happens through the mission / heirloom system.

Today 99% of the real good loots come from the missions and these are subject to the mission restrictions such as weekly.At the moment almost the best loot comes from the VD2 Herioc Missions. What is completely inappropriate is that the strength of the items is not required for the actual effort.If the end mob were in this mission, it would be a different matter and then almost no one would run the VD2 missions anymore, because the effort would be too great for the people and they would not be able to do this with their twinks either.

As it is, this is simply used out and blurred the game progression.

As already shown mathematically, a single character simply does not have the chance to keep up with other players through the weekly restrictions.

Another solution than abolishing the heirloom would be, as shcon also mentioned, the possibility of abolishing the mission restrictions and zone timers, then one would see whether I am right and I assume that it is difficult.There is no disadvantage for twinking if the mission loots were not heirloom but not trade.There is only one disadvantage to people who take unfair advantage of the system.
  2. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Bhayar likes this.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

With ever dwindling playerbase, resolve is another gating mechanic the game cannot afford. Sure, with the addition of Toil and Trouble, pretty much anybody online can be Vex challenge ready in a week or two but that leads to a multifaceted problem.

If the resolve was "the" requirement to successfully complete the content then it wouldn't be an issue but resolve is the first step to a steep ladder of climbing the stats needed to successfully complete the content. I recently rolled a 120 level with the boost and dumped all of surplus gear i had on alts and within a day i was sitting at 5745 -which is far beyond what is currently needed in the game and that is the Emperor Challenge at 5695. But am i ready for raids, a quick glance at stats will give you a picture, potency at 300k, fervor at 290, crit bonus at 11k which is a far cry from being where you need to be in order to be effective. Granted, some classes may just about escape with these stats on entry level raids but forget about them being competitive if they wanted to. You need at the barre minimum: the destruction rune set, the blue embers rune, the mount levelled up, a decent familiar levelled up, a merc levelled up, spells/combat arts and ascensions levelled up to come to the level where most people will be in game at present and then to be right at the top end with players who have gone down the p2w way then you might as well give up unless you are willing to gamble with money and prepared yourself for the celestial item grind for infusion bonuses. Nothing here shouts out as remotely fun or reasonable for majority of the players.

Bring the focus back on to class knowledge and player skill where AA setup and loot augments your play style. The knowledge/skill element is still in the game but give an experienced player a character with those above stats to take through the top tier content and their skill is not going to make a lick of difference.

You guys keep increasing stats with every expansion and update as if players see that as progress but its not. We are forced into this mode of play by the DEVs, if you peruse the forums, i guarantee that 90% or more of the posts here are all about these things so I am not sure what justification is sought in the development side of things to persist with this model.

• Resolve and combat mit mechanic really needs to go.
    • Itemisation needs to be adjusted where reward at least equals (if not, betters) the player effort.
    • Get rid off P2W items entirely or put them on a non-RNG based in game grind where a player has a realistic chance of earning them through the good old fashioned grind.
    • Get stats under control please -- they have spiralled out of control.
    • Sort out classes and their AA setups and make us be in a position where each point spent in the AAs matters at all levels of play, each item we equip has a bearing how effective we would be for a particular content.
    • Let players play how they want to and not be forced into upgrading because the next item has 5% more resolve and 2% more potency.
    • Listen to us, we are here to make the game better.
    Bhayar and Priority like this.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

@Bentenn
    To 1.
    I never talked about how you can bring a twink to a fully raidable state so quickly. I sayed it boosts one main character insanly fast.

It's not just about resolve, the items from the VD2 Heroic weekly have challenge mode raid level, killing 3 to 4 heroic nameds for an effort and clicking on a few items.

These items have the same potency and the same critical bonus as the challenge mode raid items => T17.

There are still a few little parts T18 to T20 on the challenge mode raid, but here we are talking about really few items, which on the one hand are rarer and on the other hand require a strong raid.

All raids except Vex 2 Challenge have become completely pointless except for the access to the raid zone itself. Just like the dealer for the Cabal coins.

To 2.
    The Ethereal Coins are no longer available, it is a pure activation system, which will continue to exist in the next add-on for the current Ethereal rewards.
    This system as it is now is completely ok and it's fair. Nobody has an advantage here, no matter how many twinks they have.

To 3.
    Dealers with a certain amount of necessary coins, status, etc. would be a possible solution here, as already written. Nothing has to be heirloom for this either, coins, status etc. you can earn yourself with the character with which you want to spend them.

To 4.
    It may be the case that you can help out with different classes where it is missing, but why should you get an advantage for it? If you want to play several characters, then make the appropriate effort, you don't want to limit yourself to one character and one class. No one is entitled to an advantage for this.

To 5.
    It is the same here, too, if you want special things for several characters, then work them out with several characters. If you don't want it then just play one character.

To 6.
    The same applies here, if you have the time and want to use it to create and play several characters, that's up to you and you can do it, but you still have no relief. It is your personal decision that you do this, so it is a cheek to expect that you will be given the services just because you have decided to play multiple characters.

Why should it disadvantage a player that he only plays one class and only one character? That doesn't make any sense at all, I've been playing my paladin tank since the beginning of EQ2 beta and I'm always there for the groups as a tank. Why should I play other classes that I can't get to anyway. Just so that I can keep up with unemployed players who spend 100% of their time in the game and that every day, in terms of equipment?

Why should I invest weeks or months in order to get the same gear, what others achieve with their thousand twinks in one day? I invest the same amount of time in this, but only with one character. I only have the weekly mission once, but that doesn't mean that I run fewer instances, instead of the timers.Then I only have drops.The good items are the better mission reward in the weeklies, precisely because you can only do them once a week with one character.If you turn a weekly mission into a daily mission with several characters, the reward is no longer appropriate and can therefore only be "not trade". Otherwise it offers an unfair advantage over other players with different character conditions.

The same is with the daylie, this you can also do only once a day, but with more characters and heirloom you can do them x times a day ... thats still unfair ... if you can move als the loot parts to one main character ...

And that is what all the peoble do ... if the main is max equiped ready then them equip theyer twinks.
    Gelenor likes this.
  5. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.