Fixed Internally Crashing to desktop when zone no to GHall

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tinkrbelle, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Tinkrbelle Active Member

I have been experiencing random crashes to desktop, usually while zoning, this has been happening for quite some time, and others I talk to say they experience it as well.

However, over the past couple days there has been a increase in desktop crashes when zoning into our t3 HK GHall on Rivervale server, to the point where for some guild members it is happening at least 50% of the time. The only thing different with the GH over that last day is I placed some Bristlbane Day house items.

Is anyone having this issue as well?
    Xevran, Harlequin, Majandra and 4 others like this.
  2. Jest Member

Yes on HoF most times
  3. SynergyBlaize Member

Go to the initial log in screen & enter your details.
    When you get to the next screen, go to "advanced tools".
    • Open open game directory.
    • Delete the cache folder
    • Validate game assets.
    You should find you can zone to GH again
    Lucymae likes this.
  4. Moss Well-Known Member

Same problem since last patch, it was a regular problem in the past (especially in Seru) but now it is up to the point where I could almost not go anymore in our guildhall with any character, I have the same problem in highest or lowest quality default settings.

I could zone in then from 1 to 5 seconds later the game ever close by itself , display a directx error, or just freeze. It sometimes happens during the zone loading screen.

It was fine before tuesday patch, then it starts right on first login after the patch, I tried everything I could : delete cache, validate game asset, update windows/video drivers, download full game again in separate disk, uninstalling antivirus, reinstall directx and common components, removing custom ui...

I have no issue in any other recent or older games
    Lucymae likes this.
  5. Presephonee New Member

I just started crashing to desktop yesterday when zoning at times. Very frusterating!! How can I fix this??? Does the recommendation to delete cache file work????
    Lucymae likes this.
  6. Tinkrbelle Active Member

We are still having this issue of fatal errors/crashes when logging into our T3 HK Guild Hall on Rivervale. It happens at least 50% of the time, and this is effecting several guild members not just me. It is becoming very bothersome and makes one not want to use the GH, we worked very hard to gather the stuff needed to get this guild hall and it's such a shame.

Is there something we can do, is there maybe an issue with a known house item that could be causing the crashes? It seemed to get really bad after the Bristlebane patch.

Please look into this for us, let us know if there is anything we can do, or if you are working on a fix.

Thanks
    Lucymae likes this.
  7. Dauvien Member

Took a screen cap of this... agree with Tink its getting old (I tend to just use the City Amenities and only go to the Hall to Craft now). Also considered moving halls if it got rid of the crash (but we spent quite a bit of time grinding out the tokens for that T3 HK Hall).

[IMG]
    Kassamai and Lucymae like this.
  8. Tinkrbelle Active Member

Yes, I get the exact same error every time, always 15776, only difference being the numbers on the very bottom line.
    Lucymae likes this.
  9. Dauvien Member

Tried the cache clear, no dice still get the error.

Also make sure that DarqUI was updated.
    Lucymae likes this.
  10. Ajazia New Member

I don't get booted to desktop, but I am unable to log into the T3 GH, it keeps putting me back to the city district. Yes, rent is paid.
  11. Dauvien Member

Error continues with our guild and the T3 High Keep... at this rate I'm most likely going to save the T3 layout and just roll back to a T1. Its just gotten too frustrating knowing about 50% of the time I'm going to crash going into it.

Second effect after crashing too... when I log back into the game I can't talk to the NPCs in the hall till I either re-zone OR camp to myself (can access depots fine). Would love to see some feedback on this (see the screen cap provided)... if I need to provide more just ask.
    Lucymae likes this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Try lowering your graphics settings down to extreme performance and see if that gets you in reliably. If it does you need to take a look at your decorations and work towards lowering the number of different textures you're loading in there.
    Lucymae likes this.
  13. Dauvien Member

yea we're putting some 200+ items in the moving crate to see what that does...
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

Think hard about what you pack. It's not about item count it's about the number of different textures being loaded to display those items.

For instance, if you fill a house with 1000 identical chairs you're unlikely to have any issues as you're probably only loading up about 3 textures to display them all. However, fill it up with 1000 different chairs and you could be loading closer to 3000 textures to get all the different styles displayed. A huge difference in resource requirements that some machines simply couldn't handle..
    Schmetterling and Whilhelmina like this.
  15. Lucymae New Member

this is 2021 and some of my guildies are getting this quite often since the last update,, they are tired of it and it is not their system we are sure,,, wondering if anyone else is having similar problems??
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I get the problem zoning into our NQ T1 GH. In the front room, we do have all our raid trophies shrunk as small as they go and sitting on shelving, but the rest of the room isn't over-decorated.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

Have you contacted our tech support yet to verify everything is set up correctly?
  18. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a set up issue. This fatal error (or an unrecoverable error) happen every now and again. Sometimes when zoning into a raid zone, or zoning to guild hall, or zoning to an overland zone. Happens to about 5 or so guild mates every raid night.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

extreme lag your zoning times out and drops you to character selection or worse to desk top .

I had lag problems for the last days , even on Rivervale , where there are as good as no players left .
    At least I only crashed when I wanted to buy stuff on the market place .
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Ratalthor Developer

Reaching out to tech support will let them get diagnostic files to help identify the issue. We need more info to help with crash errors.
    Cheddarmeister and Jinksie like this.