For those having extra lag/crashing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Malabaster, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Malabaster Member

After the most recent game update I have had a strange problem with my main character. Yes, zoning is slow and has been for a while, but this was different. Other characters on the same account took about a minute (maybe 2 minutes) to log in initially. My main, however, took between 5 and 10 minutes. Upon trying to form a group, after the third person joined, the game would freeze up for another 10 minutes or so or just flat out crash. (Interestingly though, this only happened when all group members were in different zones. If we were all in the same zone while forming the group, the game didn't freeze up.)

I tried several things to fix the issue and was about to file a petition because I couldn't figure it out. Then I decided to take a look at my character's uisettings file (Severname_Charactername_eq2_uisettings) and noticed some very weird differences compared to other characters. For example, under the "Inventory" category (I don't know the technical lingo for this stuff, my knowledge here is minimal) there were over 400 different lines of <Window Name="Container_clone_number"etc etc etc>. There were other peculiar differences, so I deleted the file completely and let the game make a new one. This solved the problem 100%. I lost all my settings for this character, but with a little time, I was able to adjust it back in game.

I decided to post this in case someone else is having a problem similar to mine and can't figure out the problem.
    Fangrim, Xianthia, Chikkin and 2 others like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Fangrim, Dude and Xianthia like this.