Fixed Internally Game (Not Responding) with 1 character

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sythe, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Sythe Member

When logging onto on particular character, my system will freeze at "Receiving zone information" for about 2 minutes. Sometimes during this (Not Responding) will show up in the title bar. I'll also get a freeze for bout 30 seconds if I invite somebody to group or raid. (Not responding) can happen on that too.
    On some zone changes, I'm fine, but on others, same freeze changing zones (Not Responding) during "Receiving zone information" .

If I wait it out, it will eventually give me control again.

This does not happen with my other characters on the same account.

It started about 1 or two weeks ago.

I did run the Validate Game Assets. They are up to date.

Any ideas?
    Majandra, ardbeg, Priority and 6 others like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Is the one character the one with the most completed in game? Most items in bags/recipes/bank/etc?

I've seen this before, and it *MAY* help if you go in and remove the text logs for the character because your game opens the logs to continue writing. I don't know for sure that it will help, but it may.
  3. Sythe Member

Aye that is the case of most completed in game, lots of stuff. I'll give it a try.

Update: Nope, no dice on the log.
  4. Sythe Member

Bump. If devs need more info I can run Wireshark/Process Explorer/etc. Just let me know.
  5. ardbeg New Member

I'm Having the same problem but its 3 or 4 chars now.
    happens when i log in or grp
  6. Korott New Member

Exactly what's happening with my character as well. Main toon screen goes "Not responding" Particularly when invited to a group or raid. Any Updates here?
  7. Xavion Well-Known Member

I have the same problem aswell constant freezing and random program not responding then resumes.
    what i was doing that cause freezing /lockup

*turn in daily/weekly to dr arcana in loping
    *get all quests from dr arcana in loping
    *in a raid fighting first named in vex thal
    *zoning into brawl in a group
    *getting reward from mission clearing a expert zone
    *joining group in loping plains
    *zoning into expert fungal foray
    *loading character into the game from character select
    *inviting someone to a group in sol eye the calling heroic
    *killing dreamscale and getting achievement
    *standing still in solo VD next to someone in a group
  8. Cleitus Member

Thanks for posting this Sythe.

This is happening to me as well. Anytime i join a group or someone else joins a group i'm in... hard freeze up, cannot do anything in game, blue waiting symbol, not responsive... sometimes i still hear Voice Chat. If i just wait it out for 2-3 minutes or longer, it recovers.

Once it recovers and the group is full, no other issues, game runs smooth other than the occasional long zone in times.

Using DarkUI Unified. Going to try going back to defaultUI on the off chance that is related.

Also opening a ticket and will include system specs.
  9. Korott New Member

Update:
    I did a complete uninstall. First used the application to start the uninstall then when that finished went to the directory where it was installed and manually deleted every directory/file.

Key thing here is to manually delete everything!!!
    Running fine now.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

this has started happening to my main on AB also about a week or 2 ago, no idea what I did. Game is logging me in for about 5-6 minutes, only one character is affected - Ennia on AB, zone I log out at does not matter, everybody else logs in within 30 seconds and Ennia takes 5 minutes. Once I log in everything is fine
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

If that is the case then the problem lies somewhere within your customised files and not in the ones that the game installs. Delete/move/rename any files that relate to characters that are having an issue.
  12. Korott New Member

Agree. Just don't know exactly which one/multiple files?.
    One of them got corrupted.

Still running the default UI but will reinstall Darq in a few more days.
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

The UI files aren't character specific. Shunt anything that contains the affected character's name. My money would be on their uisettings.xml file but that's not the only one.
    Chikkin likes this.
  14. Tkia Well-Known Member

15. Sythe Member

I doubt the default will work, I've been using default UI since April 1999 in EQ and EQ2. I just modify them to my liking
  16. Sythe Member

I think I might tinker around with the problem chars' UI. It's the main usage chars on my two accounts. My wife's main is fine.

I'll see if I can find out which line is the issue. Darkpaw should pay me if I find it. :p
    Tkia likes this.
  17. Caith Developer

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, please email me a copy of your characters eq2_uisettings file so that we can attempt to reproduce and identify and correct the cause of the timeout.

rfouts@darkpawgames.com
  18. Dockter Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue on one of my character, specifically when I join a group or a raid, but its not everytime. I've been working to try and determine exactly what the trigger is thus far I haven't been able to narrow it down.
  19. Garthan Member

I've been having this issue since I re-subscribed. Usually it happens when I run 2 clients and zone on one or both of them. Sometimes it happens if I do /camp <character name>. Basically it appears that the client is trying to relaunch itself. I'll get a second client window and it will disappear in the windows taskbar. In the task manager I only see the 1 or 2 clients I have running but the one flaking out will say not responding then go back to normal and keep cycling though not responding. I usually have to kill the client that isn't responding.

I tried killing the second client that appeared to be launching again and it returned to normal after closing the new taskbar window multiple times.

I have had this happen running just 1 client as well, but the majority of times it's when I'm running 2 clients. It's almost always when zoning. I've had it happen occasionally when not zoning.

Also of note, I run windowed, with the window maximized. I will have it flake if I un-maximize a window too. It appears the graphics engine is having trouble rendering and will start trying to relaunch the game, making it unusable and I will have to kill the process and start the game again.

I can probably figure out reliable reproduction steps if necessary.
  20. Bunji Developer

I'm still digging into this, but I have a suspect. We added "completed" quest sorting recently, which can have thousands of quests and can get called when logging in, reading in settings, etc. I've ripped that out for the next live update to see if it helps.
    Niami DenMother and Xianthia like this.