Vasty Deep: The Abandoned Labs solo (Toil and Trouble)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cx_morningstar, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

2. Priority Well-Known Member

You can "use" it. You may not be competent enough to complete it. There is a difference.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Your spells are mostly apprentice, barely any upgraded, your AAs look wildly inneficient(talk to a good ranger to help you), your casting speed dand reuse are WAY too low, your ADC is lacking, and your adornment choices are really bad.

Fixing those things would make your character play entirely differently
  4. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I am a regular player doing the solo quests for fun ! I am not a professional player and I do not raid ! I sould be able to do solo zones for fun ! If the new update zones are intended only for " good and accomplished players " they should rename the zones for that intended purpose ! That will take out of lot of players though !!
    Tkia likes this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You've not upgraded barely any spells.
    You've not got good reuse or cast speed.
    You've not got a bunch of the RoS AA
    You've got a really weird AA spec (Totally inefficient).

If you sort these out, the zone will be doable. It doesn't take a full time job to do the above.
  6. Priority Well-Known Member

Please. You have 264 days played on a character made in 2008. I already told you in a 2nd post what I can see wrong with your character in 30s of looking. There's nothing wrong with the zone. The issue is the player.
  7. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I am a regular player doing the solo quests for fun ! I am not a professional player and I do not raid ! I sould be able to do solo zones for fun ! If the new update zones are intended only for " good and accomplished players " they should rename the zones for that intended purpose ! That will take out of lot of players though !!
    Also thank you for the advice ! True I tried to level only the spells I use and I can do more on that but that takes time ( or money!!)

8. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Well then it seems to be a lot of us :)

Thank you all for the kind words :)
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

You play on Skyfire. Rares aren't that expensive, there are tons of crafters that will make them for you for free, harvesting them isn't difficult either.

It sounds like you want to make excuses rather than take ownership of your own shortcomings
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yes, well, you have to update your spells, apprentice it's not possible. Your adorn, make some shadowscream, your AA ... I don't know, never played rangers.
    You have to do these upgrades, otherwise you won't take off.

Look at my white adorn on denser, I imagine that on tidying up can do it. I'm certainly not a top mega player, but I try to be careful of anything that can upgrade my character, i don't raid, heroic Time to time for thèse weeklies.

U lack some fervor, with propser, a alt i decided to up with the last 120 boost, i ve more.
    What ré u missing ?

Do you ve a celestial mercenarie ? Captain something from the broker IS cheap now. Level 20 and 84 more fervor.
    Do u ve some shadowscream barding saddle etc ? With fervor pot ADC on your mount ?
    Did you infuse some of your celestial stuff ?
    Re u working for éthéré ?
    Etc etc.

Pretty sure u ll ve a rly decent toon After taking the time to watch what others are doing
    Alyndrys likes this.
  11. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Yes I am a regular player ! I leveled my toon from level 1, I did my signature quests, solo dungeons, I improve my armor as much as I can as regular player, I improve my spells as much as I can time permitting ! My weird AA profile was useful throughout the game for my play ! I do not pretend to be an accomplished player but I would like to be able to do solo content for fun ! That is my idea of playing a game ! If I knew the new dungeon is for accomplished solo players I would avoid it ! I do not want to make excuses for anything ! My intention in game is only to have fun!
    That being said I want to thank you for the advices and all the kind words :)
    witchy77 likes this.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

[
    thank you for advice ! I have the shadowscream adorn and mount barding... I also have Monila as merc maxed.I have to work on spells but I leveled the ones I use ! The AA served me so far ... I infused what I found infusable ! For sure I am only a regular casual player with the only intention to do solo content for fun ! I welcome your advice though ! Thank you :)
  13. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

My RL job requires 50-60 hrs/wk but I play slow and steady and was able to enjoy this GU. If I played a lot more I'd likely have heroic gear or be an active raider but that's not what my life currently allows.

@Alyndrys -- I didn't initially notice that you were a Ranger and after looking at your EQ2 page it appears that our toons are not that different. You are welcome to download my AA spec and I'd be happy to share with you how I approached the zone. It may just be some slight tweaks that could make your experience better. You can reach me in game as Sionx as well. https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/884766035956
  14. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

No, really, I truly would not mind a handful of steamroll zones once in a while. Just a few places to hang out and just smoosh the daylights outta stuff. Please? A contested zone would be nice too. Just somewhere to round em up and smash em out. Strats be damned!
    Lateana, Tkia and witchy77 like this.
  15. EmJay Well-Known Member

16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Completely agree with this. I know plenty of people who work full time and have done Vasty Deep--on several toons. What they do is work on their toons to be able to run the content in game. The tools are in the game. If you choose not to do the things that make a difference in the content you are able to run, don't lay the blame on the content--look in the mirror.
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Oof, even a casual solo player should know how to, and be able to, upgrade their spells past apprentice man. I play live servers as a solo, super-casual and I've still got mostly experts. Expert spells have always been solo-attainable.

Should solo zones be soloable by the casual player? Yes. Should a solo zone that comes out mid-expansion reasonably assume that you've completed your solo timelines and upgraded your spells to adept and expert, and gained a few AAs as you've done so? Also yes.
    Carynn and Sigrdrifa like this.
  18. Chrol Developer

There is an issue with this encounter that may prevent you from damaging it fully, especially if you're a scout whose abilities rely on weapon damage type. With that, the next update will see the following change:

Vasty Deep: Toil and Trouble [All Versions]
    The Abandoned Labomination now has full damage reduction if you do not have the correct "Incubation" buff. While the correct buff is active, you will inflict normal damage, regardless of the damage type of your weapons and/or abilities.
    Lateana, Breanna, Priority and 3 others like this.
  19. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Thank you :)
  20. Kenn Well-Known Member

I couldn't get past the first mob. Probably means the gear we get for the next expansion will make these easily soloable.