Infusing and reforging

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Bentenn, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Bentenn Well-Known Member

@caith, can we seriously just do away with these two features. I’m over the fact that I paid for reforging. Just make it go away, as well as infusing. Then, every stat is based off the gear we get or mount/familiar, and not how well a item can be infused or reforged. Bring the game full circle to the start.
    Moss likes this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

infusing needs to go

reforging as it is now is harmless, especially next GU or at least expac
  3. Bentenn Well-Known Member

just need to do away with it all.. its completely worthless.. oh joy.. EVERYONE PUTS INTO CB LOL... its the only thing to reforge into that is worth anything. Just stop it and run straight stats off gear.. no infusing.. no reforging.. just straight stats off gear period. easy day then.
  4. Marae Well-Known Member

I am inclined to agree that infusing is probably more trouble than it's worth, especially since so much of the level 120 gear is not infusible anyway. I have all these infusers taking up space in my inventory and nothing to use them on. Reforging, on the other hand, is nice to have for special effects. I have used it on several of my characters' appearance weapons, and I would be very sad to see that go away. But I've never used it to improve stats.
  5. Bentenn Well-Known Member

Bump @devs, just remove these features completely. Rethink itemization for next expac and actually look at things. Raid gear, no matter how many solo, should always progress through the teirs and be BIS. The sig line weapon being BIS is cool as it allows people to get a good reward for doing the quest. The rest of the nonsense just needs to go away. Let’s do it right this time or at least better
    Lateana likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

They've already stated that infusing will not be on any items moving forward.

Reforging is already dead to the point where it matters; It just allows you to swap 'extra' stats for a little Pot/CB/Abil Mod now. There's not really any reason to remove it further other than even more simplifying.
    Mermut likes this.
  7. Bentenn Well-Known Member

They they did.. just not when i had bumped the thread :)
    Both will be gone in the new expac though, so back to old school, gear.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

They added reforging because they didn't want to spend time itemizing gear.. unfortunately they don't seem to have spent more time making stats on gear useful/make sense now that they've made reforging mostly worthless..
  9. Komatus Well-Known Member

Never was in favor of infusing. Did like the reforging tho...that made sense. They should keep the reforging in the game and make it practical.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Miragian Well-Known Member

Have they said anything about reforging "going away" I know infusing is dead as of next expansion. Only thing I remember being said about reforging is that its not meant to allow you to just roll into perfect stats so its not going back to the way it was.
  11. Taled Well-Known Member

Reforging is not changing from it's current status, as far as I know - They haven't hinted at making any further changes to it, anyway.
  12. Priority Well-Known Member

I do like that they don't want us to "roll into perfect stats" while giving us absolutely trash itemization that inevitably screws tanks and healers in every way.
    Bhayar and Mermut like this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've heard it said a number of times in the last week that CB as a functioning element will be dead in the next xpac. If so, it would make the case for eliminating reforging as well. Actually, that's not a problem if we could actually get gear for a particular class that had stats useful for that class. Mit gear doesn't seem to have any point for tanks now, so why mage gear drops with mit on it seems pointless. Same for parry and other stats. They used to have a purpose; not it seems not so much so. If you're gonna kill specific attacks, defense, attack systems, then just eliminate it from the cut and past mechanic and we can dump reforging and infusing entirely.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Said by who, exactly?
  15. Komatus Well-Known Member

What? They are getting rid of crit bonus? Sounds like they want to go back to the old school of just attack, defense, and constitution....lolo_O
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Talked about in raid. Supposedly discussed or commented on by devs/players in discord or test. No specific names mentioned at this point, but if it crops up again, I'll post it here.
  17. Bentenn Well-Known Member

It’s been confirmed they infusing and reforging are gone next expac :). Works for me.
  18. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Infusing = Gone
    Reforging = Unchanged from now.
    Recovery speed = Gone.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Bludd likes this.
  19. Komatus Well-Known Member

Can't say that I feel bad about this.:) kind of liked the reforging tho. Recovery? Phht! lol!