Fixed Internally Dressing Room won't zoom out enough

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Zin_Fandel, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Zin_Fandel New Member

Description: A lot of building blocks & home items I've previewed in the dressing room recently have been too zoomed in, and I can't zoom out enough to actually see the item completely. E.g., can only see the top half of tapestries, only the very base of the Shar Vahl building blocks, tents are way zoomed in - only the posts are visible on some, various trees/vines/shrubs, etc.

It may have started after the last patch/downtime on the 10th, but I'm not 100% sure.

Not a major thing, but something of a nuisance for decorators. :)
    Florenznight, Rose, Geroblue and 5 others like this.
  2. Zooeyzz Member

Yes! and have you tried looking at chandeliers? you can only see the chain, its impossible to see the bottom of most of them
    Rose and Lucymae like this.
  3. Lucymae New Member

same for me as well.
    Rose likes this.
  4. Bellamorte Active Member

I have noticed something, Do you use DarqUI by chance? I noticed with a recent update that he changed some of the settings and in order to really zoom, you need to click the little icon in the bottom left corner. Not sure if this is your issue or not but worth checking.

If it is not, if you DO you a diff custom UI, check similar changes and if it happens in the default UI or not.
    Rose and Breanna like this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I use the in game default UI and have the same problem .
    Rose and Lucymae like this.
  6. Marae Well-Known Member

This is actually a huge annoyance, and their recent fix hasn't completely fixed it. There are still serious problems. Yes, you can now scale house items so you can see them in the window, but after resizing a large item so you can see it, when you do a reset, there's your character looking like a tiny ant. Also, you can't always move things up far enough to see the lower part of them, and that includes your character. Granted, you can close the dressing room and then look at an item of gear and your character is sorta kinda back to normal (and you can see their feet), but this is going to take a lot of getting used to. I really preferred the way it was before. I appreciate the attempt to make it more useful for viewing gear, but I'm afraid it needs a lot more work.
    Rose likes this.
  7. Zooeyzz Member

do we need to start a new post on this since it says its fixed? check any chandelier, or trees lol.. cant see those..
    Rose likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

It says 'fixed internally'. That's not the same as patched to the live servers.
    Rose, Breanna and Morukta like this.
  9. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I do hope they figure this out & get it patched soon!
    Rose likes this.
  10. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed on Live. If you're still affected, can you please share which items you're seeing the issue with.
    Rose likes this.
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

I'll poke around more later, but one item is the new Alliz Ew Morbid Display. At max zoom and pulled all the way up (down?), you can still only see about half of the item. The crafted notebooks are also too low on the screen.

Allowing the items to be moved up further would solve a good number of the issues.
    Rose likes this.
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

Another item is Smooth Lava Boulder. The sides are cut off at maximum zoom out. These are also too big:

Killscale, Onyx-Eyes
    Rastilian, Pyre-Eyes
    Striped Pteranodon
    Teir'dal Throne
    Shadow Haven Square Rug
    Lava Fountain
    Full Stone Bookcase
    Crushbone Oven
    Crushbone Banquet Table
    Chardok Bunkben
    Book Dominoes
    Blue Stone Long Table
    Alliz Ew Tent

These are too low in the window, leaving the item smaller than it could be if it were centred:

Thulian Fleshbinder
    Stacked Tomes
    Shallow Woven Bowl
    Sealed Flask of Quicksilver
    Jar of Dark Elf Goo
    Hanging Keys of the Jailer
    Gull Plushie
    Dalnir Smithing Hammer
    Cruor Construct Plushie
    Collection of Spellbooks
    Bowl of Stale Spices
    Ancient Moldering Grimoire
    Alliz Ew Morbid Display
    A Ritual Bowl
    Niami DenMother and Rose like this.
  13. Zyxia Active Member

HI,
    I am also experiencing the same problem with viewing items in Dressing Room. It also happens in Marketplace.
    The flag says it has been fixed, but it hasn't.
    Morukta and Rose like this.
  14. Zooeyzz Member

Ones I could find in recipe book/broker:

Bonecraft Chandelier
    a pristine carbonite military chandelier
    frost-rimed chandelier
    Bixie Talon Chandelier
    Ornate Brellium Chandelier
    elaborate brellium chandelier
    Chandelier of the Ascent
    eucalyptus hanging chandelier
    fire emerald crystals chandelier
    Shadowed Hanging Chandelier
    Shadowed Stone Chandelier
    Treasury of Claw Chandelier
    Heroes' Shield Chandelier
    Standard Feyiron Chandelier
    Alluring Feysteel Chandelier
    sandalwood octagonal chandelier
    Windcloth Lantern
    a plain Nektulos pine tree
    Lilac Bristletree
    Jarsath Oak Tree
    Savannah Tree
    Burned Tree
    Flowering Tree
    Frost-Twisted Tree Stump
    Ancient Sands Palm
    Arid Flames Palm
    Blue Marble Column
    Blue Marble Divider
    Qeynos Duel Lamppost
    Hate-Fueled Lightpost
    Hanging Bixie Mini-Hive
    Empty Hanging Parts Bin
    a pristine steel hanging lantern
    Kromzek Hanging Lantern
    Lavender Hanging Tendril
    Misty Hanging Tendril
    Autumnnal Hanging Vines
    Wall-Clinging Vine
    Zavith'loa vine Cluster
    Niami DenMother and Rose like this.
  15. Rose Well-Known Member

Looks like they tried to fix it, as a few items can now be seen, but many still cannot be seen so that you can decide if it is the correct item that you want o craft. It worked perfectly one day and the day after it became a mess, and still is annoying and not working correctly.
  16. Rose Well-Known Member

You are correct: it has not been fixed on my end either.
  17. Rose Well-Known Member

It is a major thing for decorators, as many items cannot be viewed for design or color matching. Some items are so tiny and cannot be zoomed and some are so large that they cannot be seen when doing a full zoom. I agree with you about the time period. One day it worked and then it didn't. I thought my settings might have been somehow changed, ...not sure what was done/changed with the code, but it needs to be put back to the way it was.
    Morukta and Tkia like this.
  18. Rose Well-Known Member

Some of the items have been semi-fixed, but with many items, the dressing room cannot be zoomed correctly at all. Sometimes, zooming one item makes other items no longer zoom correctly. They become very tiny or too large. Can't they just compare and correct the code to the way it was "when it was working"?
    Tkia likes this.
  19. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Many, many items. Trees can't zoom out enough to see leaves. Chandeliers can't zoom out enough to see the actual fixtures. Some items look tiny, some items are way too close. It's all messed up.
    Rose and Morukta like this.
  20. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Still just FUBAR.... No other way to describe this problem.
    Rose likes this.