Vasty Deep: The Abandoned Labs solo (Toil and Trouble)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cx_morningstar, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Torri Active Member

I cleared the solo version with the stats in my sig without a death. CB and pot are pretty low by most people standards. Spells are expert except maxed crafted epic 2.0 ones and celestial level 10 ascension self buff. I think my AA are set up to maximize my damage and health/survivability and as a Warden I have a lot of passive healing available that makes me very hard to kill. Armor is pretty well adorned, fully leveled legendary familiar from latest season and leveled and fully geared (shadowscream) mount from the RoS guide exploration quest. Add in a fully leveled/geared fabled tank merc and to be honest in solo i pretty much bull my way through some things like the first and last mobs. I did not even realize there were

That said, thank you for getting rid of that $<"(>`% annoying debuff on the mob in the flooded room

*edit to add adorn, mount and familiar information. Zero real world dollars spent, just a dedicated 9 months since returning last October after 7 years
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

M/C gear used to be pretty awesome stuff. Not any more. 409K hps are simply not going to get it done. Your epic 2.0 spells are non-existent, and one of the best summoner pets in the game is at apprentice. Your Ascension spells are untouched. Have you even gone through the sig line, done all the city quests, dropped quests or POIs. Doing all those yield some some very good rewards for equipment.

I'm not trying to insult you or be challenging, but M/C gear does not--in the least amount-- prepare you for instances that are dropping 250 resolve gear and weapons. Nor does having mostly expert spells, no Epic 2.0 spells and untouched Ascensions. You're going to have to put your nose to the grindstone and get cracking. Frankly, with your low hps, you'd hardly make it through a regular PQ or heroic zone without a lot of dying.
  3. Clintsat Well-Known Member

If you haven't finished RoS content...why would you need more stuff right now? The Heroic 1 is easy enough for any group capable of doing the expert zones and probably can be completed by a group that can fairly easily manage the regular heroics.
  4. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Where is my post did I say I needed more stuff to do? I said I wanted to try to run it and see how I did. I was talking in general terms about people that HAVE finished RoS. Which is why I said: "There should be content options for people that have finished RoS and have gear from that."

I still plan on finishing RoS and then try again. I don't have the gear currently to run it. It's not aimed at someone that hasn't finished RoS and put the time in to improve their character in other ways. That is fine. I don't have a problem with that. Same as I know I will never run a raid zone. Just don't have the time for that. There should be content for all types of players that is all I'm saying.

Why can't there content for people in RoS quest gear? Have a Casual option that is a little easier than Solo? I bet there are people that finished RoS and still can't even run the solo version. That they never include any TS stuff. I know people that only want to do TS and there is almost never anything for them. I don't count the ability to buy for cash books off the store. They could have added a few TS quests to at least earn some of them. Adding those books only on the store is a clear money grab.
    Quiarrah likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Can we say "A Snowballs Chance in HELL???"
    Challenging is fine for GROUPS but those of us that SOLO . . . we should be able to do this with our Merc without having to be in full raid gear or top of the line spells. Challenging isn't FUN if you keep dieing in the first few seconds.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The zone is reasonably scripted, so if you're hoping to stand in 1 spot with average gear and just kill stuff, it's not the zone for you.

If your character is capable of taking part in normal heroic zones (Without being totally carried through) you should be ok. That is having gear levels of say 240k Potency minimum.

If you're struggling with a merc, take a second player to make it easier.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

If it requires heroic gearing or a second player it is, by definition, no longer a SOLO zone.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Hasn't the definition of these solo zones always been built for 2 average/casual players or 1 strong player?

This is the latest content, if you're trying to skip the whole expac and go straight to it, it's silly. The gear from this zone beats out all RoS heroic gear.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

the loot you get in the solo at the end is equivalent to some overland bounty drops and weekly overland reward so ...
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, solo used to be perfectly doable by solo players wearing gear earned via solo play. If that's changed then they need to stop calling it 'solo' content because the continued mislabelling is only going to continue to cause more frustration and complaints from confused players.
    Observing, Quiarrah, AOE1 and 2 others like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The people having trouble need to take a look at the Reign of Shadows Gear Guide post. Check to see if any of that helps beef you up some. Follow the thread down, there are additional hints in subsequent posts.

It's not a very big deal to get Expert spells. This is what player crafter Sages, Alchemists, and jewelers are for. Go harvest in The Blinding to get the rares, then if you don't have a toon that is the proper flavor of scholar, ask in the Crafting channel for someone who will make them for you, and be sure to tip!
  12. Xonoss New Member

The Zone is definitely doable by solo's. Since returning to the game I have been Strictly Solo for the entire ROS expansion. In fact I have yet to step foot in a RoS Heroic Zone. The only group type activity I done in ROS is the PQs.

Once I Figured out the scripts, the zone is pretty easy. Hardest part at first was finding artifacts to complete the quest.
    Now I can't mass pull the rooms and expect to live, but I been able to run the zone successfully on 5 different characters so far. (Bruiser, Warlock, SK, Swash, and troub)
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This zone is 100% doable by just solo gear. But you need to have earnt the RoS solo gear at minimum first really. Doing the solo questlines, the clicky quests etc. will get you to 240k pot.

You can't just pick up the lockbox gear from entrance and go.
    Torri and Bludd like this.
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

Could someone please clarify the strat for the last fight/Labomination? When the boss does msg about damage type, we clicked the banner for the damage type to spawn ad, we then hit the ad to get the damage type, and then switched back to the named and tried to burn down, and then rinse and repeat. Is this the correct strat? Do we need to actually kill that ad first? Do we keep ad alive to keep buff, or do we kill it asap to reduce the damage to us? Are there other meanings to other emotes the named does?
    We duo'd this fight just fine on our warden/necro combo, but keep wiping on our coercer/ranger combo. It seems easier when I can just heal the heck out of us, but without heals, this "seems" undoable. The coercer and ranger combo both have their ROS sig line done, both have celestial weapon and cape and neck piece, both have at least expert or more spells, maxed ascension, and decent gear, many of it from the ROS sig and solo drops, and even some from heroic drops. Without heals this just seems very hard, or perhaps we have strat wrong. Please, let me know if we are doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

kattt, in solo you spawn add and get it engaged and you should see a text message about your dmg abilities changing to HEAT or POISON or SLASHING or MENTAL
    you have to match add to the dmg type the boss is not diffusing which should also be in text or on a buff
    Torri likes this.
  16. Cx_morningstar Member

What is the strat for the last name? I couldn't figure it out so spent 35 mins just DPS'ing....

I managed to clear the zone though. Got some new adorns and changed my AA's and now knowing most of the mobs, got it done. Still tough, but manageable.

Thanks for everyone's help!

(edit) Just seen Bludd's post for strat. Thank you :)
  17. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

If a full suit of MC gear from the current expac isn't enough to do a solo zone in the current expac, something is really f-in broken.
  18. Smashey Well-Known Member

I like how you say that so casually that it seems like you dont think its an issue. It a crazy issue that should have been fixed in January with craftable gear being actually useable except for the few select pieces.

We are talking about solo content. Heck, it should even be good enough for all heroic content.
    tasnee, Lateana and Tkia like this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

20. Torri Active Member

Thank you! I knew there had to be a gimmick for that fight, I saw the vulnerability messages but had no idea how to take advantage so just kept face-rolling for 8 minutes or so until it got more bored than me and finally died lol
    Bludd likes this.