What keeps you here?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Celestia, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

I feel like I may be opening a can of worms by saying this, because some people might take it the wrong way, but what keeps you playing?

I ask because I see a lot of negative thoughts on these forums from people who used to play, and even some who are playing, about Daybreak and the way the game works now.

So, just as a general question, why are you here? Obviously there are people who enjoy it, but I just want to see something positive in general about why you like the game, and if you don't, and are just here for whatever reason - what the reason is.

Also, I wanted to ask, is it true that the game only has like a hundred people playing on a server nowadays? Cuz that doesn't seem to add up if they're to keep the game going. A few friends of mine are practically begging me to stop playing, and I just won't. I just got back in to it - which was really their fault btw - and I like a lot that I see. I know there are soooo many people out there who wish for the old days, but I like the end content and the solo dungeons and the crafting recipes. Which by the way now that I am back, I don't wish to miss out on. So my friends have been reporting to me lately that there were only such and such amount of people on the servers. I don't care, I like this game, and I have decided to go down with the ship when it comes, if ever.
    Snowmoon, Viog and Breanna like this.
  2. Zyxia Active Member

Most of the people I know on Halls of Fate love the game, which is why we keep playing.
    It's unique, as far as I know there is no other game like it, especially where decorating homes is concerned.
    I don't really like the fighting much, but will do it to get recipes LOL even if I have to run a whole zone.
    People are friendly, usually, and helpful, and all this makes the game even more enjoyable.
    All the guildies seem to feel the same, and there are a LOT of decorators in Halls.
    I also intend to stick it out to the end, if it ever comes.
    Yavie, Jaden, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Lore,Exploration,Beautiful Places in Norrath.... Role-playing that my reason run the game but i'm not currently playing due to the price of the subscription it$ too expansive in my country currency
    Jaden, Breanna and Satiza like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Decorating in the various house swaps and events of the Norrathian Homeshow. Progression raiding twice a week with the morons in Unholy Mercenaries. I probably wouldn't play otherwise, unless I get the urge to work on quest verification for eq2u, which I do from time to time. I'm alphabetically up to the City Tasks on the quest checklist that people utilize.
    Jaden, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I like it here.

In spite of the problems here, other games are worse.
    Jaden, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

I've played a ton of other games. I always end up back here. First love, I guess. No other game quite like it.

Only other game that has kept my attention has been GW2...but I only play it occasionally any more.
    Yavie, Jaden, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If Valheim had more content, I might be happier there because I love building structures and being able to terraform the landscape. But there's just so incredibly much to do in EQ2, and it's a lot of fun for me to get together with a couple of dozen friends and raid.
    Yavie, Jaden and Breanna like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I try to leave but they always throw one more dragon at me to animate!
    Xillean, Hartay, Yavie and 16 others like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

bet its kerafyrm and his brain!
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Feonah New Member

I came back after getting disillusioned with both the original EQ and EQ2 when it got weighted towards raiding. Just play for fun and, as a solo player who likes questing and tradeskilling now getting put off by this iteration. Seems that if you don't raid to get the upgrades you're going to get stuck. My main couldn't even get past the first mob in the Toil and Trouble instance and he's max level with mostly Panda armour but facing a solo instance with 128^^^ mobs is no fun even though he made it through both BoL sig lines ( gave up on the PoM adventure line as it was too disgusting, to me anyway ).
    Now stuck with 9 maxed out toons ( both adv and TS ) and just running around BoL whilst I work out how to get around RoS without dying so much. Have 9 toons ,as I formed my own guild with one of each TS class ( for Proof of the Pudding and such quests) and all have done the BoL sigs but not looking forward to trying to put them through RoS. Oh well, better invest in some potions to cancel XP debt I suppose if I want to adventure, as the only special events open to me are things like Frostfell etc which although a bit boring now ( having done them 3 times or more since I started playing again ) can cater to a non raid geared toon.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  11. Celestia Well-Known Member

I actually don’t raid either, and although my toons aren’t the best geared, I do get help from guildies. I have all max trade skill too, I think decorating is a big awesomeness about the game. Many people I know think harvesting and crafting are boring, but I honestly love both, it’s so relaxing to me. I think I have like 10 or 11 toons but I like them, even if I don’t play all of them all the time. But I know how you feel with the dungeons. I couldn’t do it either. But if I need help like I said people are pretty decent In a guild.
    Xillean, Yavie and Breanna like this.
  12. Komatus Well-Known Member

I spilled superglue on my chair and now I can't get up! :eek:
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I can still, even at 120, do the Gathering Obsession quests. No gathering pony though, few of my characters have over 50 or 6o crafting levels.
    Yavie and Breanna like this.
  14. Satiza New Member

I can't help it. I've been playing since I was 7 years old. I'm now 21. I've been in love with Kelethin and Qeynos and part of me considers them my virtual homes. I grew up defening Norrath and will probably be here when the game shuts down.
    I love the quests and sense of progression, I adore being able to make decorations and furnish my home.
    Although it's gotten harder to play solo (the only way I play) I still enjoy the challenge.
    I feel like this is the only MMORPG out there where you truly can play however you want.
    It's "Freedom: The Game" to me.

Also on a less fluffy note, I just like playing as a fairy. Fairies cool. :D
    Asuna, Yavie, Paragonvii and 2 others like this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound harsh, but you are not remotely qualified to do the new GU if all you're wearing is Panda gear. Go back to the start of RoS. Run a toon or two through the TS timeline to be able to fly (and it doesn't take long). Then run the sig line, do all the city quests, the dropped quests and the POIs. Make sure your adorning/transmuting/tinkering skills are maxed. You should find things considerably easier. Get all your spells to a minimum of expert, your Epic 2.0 should be ancient, and your ascensions at expert. Do the OSer quests every day and make sure you're doing the charged ones as well. You have 9 toons? Have them do OSer as well. Do the familiar wild quest every day. Be relentless and focused. Otherwise, you can forget about negotiating Toil and Trouble. You're simply neither geared or qualified to take that instance on.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As far as why I'm here, I enjoy the game, although the aggravations can be overwhelming at times. Seeing Ttobey's comments in forums gets a chuckle. I play with some really solid people and although we're in different guilds, we get together and run stuff. I'm in a raid alliance and we run twice a week. We have fun and while we take what we do seriously, we know we're never going to compete with high end raiding guilds and that's ok. The main attraction is simply quality people who are knowledgeable about the game and we share that knowledge between us. Unfortunately, you really can't find a coherent source of knowledge online anymore and changes to fundamental game mechanics get announced, but information is never forthcoming about where the direction is heading, why it's going there or what the expected outcome is intended to be. That's probably the biggest frustration, outside of "nerfs" that completely negate a class, were never tested, just implemented. I think most of us would love to have a picture of where adventure classes are headed, what's important and so forth. Give us an idea and let us work towards a goal. It's a game where you can simply log in, do some things and log out if you want.
    Yavie and Breanna like this.
  17. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

I hope for big improvements now that warcraft is losing players years ago when eq2 was released was supposed to compete with warcraft....but they failed to i'm not saying eq2 will get a boost now that WOW is losing.... that's up to the devs and of course final fantasy is not going slow anytime soon but my point is.....with the right innovations this game can at least get a new spot a better spot among the other MMORPGs even the eq1 is much more popular than its sequel please devs make something better out of eq2 some improvement will be positive for old and new players
    Yavie, Sturmlocke and Geroblue like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

tasnee , if your having fun , than you know why we are still here .

if you like crafting and decorating , you should not exclude the older zones , there are plenty of recipes to be had there .
    I agree with you tasnee , gathering is like a Zen experience to me I click on those bushes , timber , or oar go fishing , and think about the day and such ahhhhh melts in to a puddle of delight .

many people make the mistake to look how many people are on and when they get the answer it's only 100 people , they think that's the number .
    In reality there are more on , the indicators counter only goes up to 100 as it also shows you their names and class and level .
    If you really want tot get an idea check the numbers by class and than ad all up .
    But each time you get 100 as an answer it could be more .

And you ttobey are only still here because we tied you down .
    What is this your arm got loose .

And when people get frustrated they will complain .
    Yavie, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  19. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh I know we have fun, but sometimes I see a lot of negativity on the forums, so I just wanted to have some positive for once. Thanks all for the lovely answers! :D
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  20. Genyen65 New Member

Well Game does have some major issues, and yes if you like to run around doing quests, Sig Lines, Crafting Lines, decorating, and checking out what zones you can run around in without insta-dying every NPC that hits you LOL then it can be a fun game. For me I just can't quit playing even though it is not daily. I play every other day or as much as health allows. I have been playing since not long after it came online live. I have 16 different class chars on main account some maxed adventure and others maxed crafting. So if I get bored with one class I can switch to playing another without having to drop to desk and restart EQ2. Tried the double windowed playing style for a bit but, got too taxing on system since limited funds and Free play atm.