PVP Video - Proof that gear isn't really that important

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by acoloss, Jul 19, 2021.

1. acoloss Active Member

Hello everybody.

I've been pvping in Everquest 2 since Nagafen (and Darathar).

I want to own up to a previous comment I made about gear being over powered in group pvp.
    I was wrong, completely wrong.

It seems you can beat the best gear guilds in the game just by skill and strat alone.

In this video, in the early fights - we had gear totalling around 10 platinum pieces were as our opponents, a guild called Secret Service has the best gear in the game. I even had mostly app1 spells in the first 2 (or 3?) fights.
    To be fair they are a bluebie guild so PvP isn't their strong point.
    but it goes to show that gear isn't the most important though it does indeed help

You can read the description of the video for more information :

Schmetterling and Sunlei like this.
  2. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Ahhh such good fights to see in the high level zone! Much fun for me to fly around the clouds every night to watch the glorious battles. I saw that fight, that SS always jump on you from the mountain tops!

I think we see you many times and you guys always good sports and never baby kill Sing:p Some of those 70s the unguilded ones are very angry people!!, last night Akros? not sure of spelling unguilded followed me around cloud to cloud and one shotted over 10 times lol! He was very mad I kept showing bristled gourds in chat window.......

I hope we can make the Devs fix the game for the thousands of low lvls who left game recently. They would come back if the immunity was a little longer for low levels in low level zones.

You better watch it out there in the Deathlands!!
    Schmetterling and acoloss like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am not good at PvP but for some reason I like to play on PvP servers .
    I always like to watch a good fight and see the under dog win .
    I have been killed by level 70s on my level 9 harvester lots of times .
    I have met the good , the bad and the ugly bad on my travels through high level country even some that killed me and apologized:D .
    I mean what's the point killing a little toon that's not even level 10 yet ?

O and I absolutely love that music , where can I get this ?
    DefeatedZ, Sunlei and Breanna like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck I watched your video twice :cool:
    Breanna likes this.
  5. kefur New Member

not saying every player in this video isn't good or great but good lord the stacked pvp group.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Hey Ratman! I see the vids music is......

Music:

[All tracks listed are not played through in their entirety and in some instances have been rearranged]

Battle Star Galactica Sound Track

"An Easterly View"
    "The Shape of Things to Come"
    "Gentle Execution"
    "Worthy of Survival"
    "Prelude to War" (Heavily Rearranged)
    "So Much Life"
    "Laura Runs"
    "Kara Remembers"

270 deaths, 40 listed as pvp loss? and 1 pvp winWTF? all as a lvl 8 ... I win the death taxi game :cool::D
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

UUUH all that music I got to check them all out thanks Sunlei .

Ehehe I got the award of " Wanted ' on my level 9 .
    But yea I die a lot more often because I am trying to pick up harvestables from under mobs noses 60 levels higher than me.
    Breanna and Sunlei like this.
  8. Sunlei Well-Known Member

yeah Ratman that's what I do, 70 crafter, a gazillionnn harvests.....:eek:

front row seats at the fights
    Schmetterling likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wished I could have been there , most likely I would have died too :D .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Pestcontrol New Member

Great job, I and most the people I know, some that still play and others that have quit, can't stand lots of SS and their constant smack talk in Discord. Quite a few of them are Toxic AF!

I had hoped that would change when some of their "kids" were booted for cheating/plat duping. But seems that they have other toxic little melon heads that are as bad if not worse.

Funny thing is listening to them blaming developers and level locking for killing the server. Yet here's the kicker - most if not all the people I played with didn't quit at T2, T3, T4 etc, they quit at 70 due to the perma griefing mostly done by the likes of SS.

I've even seen the muppet with 2 avatars going on about how he and his mate(s) spent a whole night griefing 2 other players in another game that killed them the night before.

Way to go bone head, why not just go out your way to drive away players in another game you play?!?!

#ChildLogic - I guess he was dropped on his head a few times as a kid...

With this trying to drive everyone to end game, I think it will do a LOT more harm than good. I mean it's great for those that only want to play end game.

But that kills of the players that don't want to be running the same content over and over.

Firstly they should never have allowed those stupid dino mounts or at least made them so you have to be level 30 adventure xp to use them, get rid of the mystic moppet disguise and flock of sea gulls. And they should also lock aa to 2 aa per level this would stop a lot of the imbalance at low levels.

But as I say, SS' griefing and constant trash talking have been the biggest killer of the game from my personal experience.

So I hope you guys kill them plenty more too, even more so being the underdogs :D

Sadly though, I think in months to come the game will be almost totally dead due to the consta griefing and it will just be the same few hardcores running around with only each other to play against
  11. Mimics Secret Service

SS truly are the worst of the worst. I can't imagine what it is like winning all the time and how that could ever be fun.
  12. Milambers Active Member

Thank you for sharing your truth. It can’t have been easy to write that, please accept my gratitude on behalf of the whole server.
  13. Badbigwolfe New Member

Darkhand runs with app1 spells... OK. So you are a liar right off the bat. Why? In an attempt to look cool you played yourself. Looked like a stack group beating down some *****. I can't imagine that group killing content for gear either (sarcasm).
    DefeatedZ likes this.
  14. DefeatedZ Member

it is true. I ran with app 1 spells, few master T6 stuff as well. MC reuse armour. It was a sorry state for quite some time. It's different now though. I'm getting there. I also got told the other day that Manaflow is best in slot as well so I've decided to spec that now and also pressing Beam more which has made SUCH a difference. Wish i knew that for the fights above. I feel like such a fool! Would have been such a great addition, make life easier. Oh well... Onto more interesting fights :)
  15. Nuada Active Member

After that regard proof i play now without gear, I hit harder than Ever before.

Now we need not more raiding or 25 Kronos to sell, guys check it out !!
  16. Sunlei Well-Known Member

More good fight to watch. This vid is by the guild 'Russians' Many of them are from the (closed) Harla Dar server, play on Kaladim and LOVE PVP fights!

.....in this video you will see pvp and a epic fight vs fp and qeynos we fight the best qeynos guild DARKHAND who went exiled for more pvp....

17. Candyman45 New Member

is this fight before or after Secret Service hacked and cheated for best gear server side or after?
  18. Zishan Member

Im still grinding out zones to get my 2 toons to 70, but the thing which has put me off and slowed me down somewhat is the thought il get to 70 and might find it hard to compete against those guilds who run the raid content and get top loot. There has to be more PvP related quests and loot, we shouldn't be out grinding PvE content for gear.