Not A Bug /bug leads to this forum

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Beee, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

no idea if it's intended, but after writing the /bug ingame the button leads to this forum.

Do you really want all bugmessages here in the forum?
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes its intended
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

It's also annoying and NOT necessary.
    Just using the /bug command in-game SHOULD auto-direct to the bug forum. It should NOT ALLOW you to do one bit of the reporting that is the in-game, now defunct and unused method. PERIOD.
    But, since the bugs have taken over . . . what's one more?
    Beee likes this.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

It is intended, Beee, yes.

Thankfully, no part of the bug reporting process is defunct, or is unused. The /bug reports submitted via in-game automatically capture quite a bit of useful information for us that you may be unaware of, such as zone, location, character info, target info, etc. Now that the system also encourages you to post bugs on the forums I have been able to use the submitted bug info from in-game to help diagnose a posted issue. So then why use the forum bug posts, you may ask? It's useful for when we have follow up questions for the player, or if other players have additional information. That ability to communicate about a bug is a big help! We've been able to identify and resolve some bugs very nicely due to the additional information provided by both.

~ Kaitheel
    Doobius40504, Bludd, Breanna and 4 others like this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

Tnx for the info.

For a user who makes a /bug report it's not clear what happens. The "Post Bug" button actual closes the report without any feedback and opens the forum.

Maybe it shoud be "Copy & open forum"

The new behavior is described on the left side, but at least I did not read it and wondered about closing and forum redirect without any notice. If you know the copy mechnism, it's a fine thing!
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Before I knew about the forum posting process for bugs, I tried the in-game system. After doing all the drop-downs, selections, etc and typing out a LOT of detail, I was re-dircted when I tried to submit the bug report. NONE of the information I entered was copied into the web form to submit, I had to re-type every bit of the information. I was so frustrated, I didn't even bother.
    Several weeks later, I finally bit the bullet and submitted the bug on the forums, and it was quickly confirmed.

It just makes sense to simply remove the in-game form altogether & re-direct players to the forum to submit bugs with a simple confirmation dialogue when they enter "/bug", before they go through all the steps in-game that results in no info or feedback (ie, was it submitted? did the info I entered go thru? Do I still have to submit a post on the bug forum?), only to be re-directed anyhow.
    Just as the in-game market redirects to the web for buying kronos, it makes sense to simply re-direct to the web for ALL bug reporting is all I am saying.
    Personally, I no longer use the in-game /bug command at all anymore. I don't see a point. I simply come to the forums to do it so I can see & know it's being sent in.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

The complete information is copied into the windows buffer .. with CTRL-V you can copy it into a forumpost

That's why i thing a renaming of the button might help a little bit

Just closing the EQ2 dialog and opening the forum is very very frustrating unless you know the copy mechanism
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

yeah, would've been nice to know that ahead of time! ;)
    Doobius40504 and Beee like this.