Kel'Avar appearance changed - ugly colors

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by KauaiJim, Jul 28, 2021.

1. KauaiJim Active Member

Been working for weeks on getting the Mercenary Kel'Avar. When I first added her she looked fine. Then after I geared her up her shoulders and arms changed color to an ugly gold brown but the rest of her is still the correct blue coloring. It looks weird and bothers the heck out of me. All other Kel'Avars I see on other players look fine. Just mine is messed up. I've tried everything from checking game assets to removing all gear, etc. It's really odd. I have searched the internet and forums thoroughly and cannot find any other people having this issue. Is this fixable? I know it's stupid but when you work hard on your toons appearance to make everything match up nicely this really kind of ruins the experience. Help please? Thank you!
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It must be switching out an asset for another for some reason, I'll get someone to take a look.
    KauaiJim and Bludd like this.
  3. KauaiJim Active Member

If this helps I just figured out how I caused it to happen because I just did it again and this time she is now wearing an ugly helm I cannot get rid of. Here's what I did that caused it...

When equipping the gear, instead of dragging it over the appropriate slot in the character/mercenary window, I dragged it to the center (over the character picture) and dropped it. This results in the equipment not actually being equipped (doesn't work) BUT it immediately changes that part of the mercenary to display that armor as though it is in an appearance slot or something and cannot be undone. Really odd.

Hope this info helps!

By the way, she's really ugly now. lol
    ttobey likes this.
  4. KauaiJim Active Member

Well, I feel a bit stupid. I think I figured it out.

I was completely unaware of the mercenary appearance slots. Or how to see them. Once I figured that out I was able to right click and "clear slot" on the unintended head and shoulders items and remove them. Then I still had to re-summon her to get the changes to display.

I am happy to report this issue is resolved. She's back to looking great! Sorry I did not know about that feature. I'm really surprised how little info there is about that or that you can change the displayed name! Tiny little buttons everywhere! lol

Anyhow, thank you tons for looking into it. Pilot error. Crisis averted! Take care and thanks again for your very fast response!
    ttobey likes this.