Like Clockwork, Tinkerfest Has Returned!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]
    Grab your tools and get ready to celebrate all things gnomish!

Like clockwork, Tinkerfest is returning! Starting July 23, 2021, at midnight PDT and going until August 5, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PDT, all players regardless of level can partake in the celebration of all things gnomish.

There are four main centers for Tinkerfest: Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains, Inventor's Outlook in Freeport, Inventor's Threshold in Qeynos, and Dropship Landing Zone in Moors of Ykesha. Gnomeland Security and Dropship Landing Zone have many Tinkerfest quest givers. The two city locations have extensive decorations in the zone, and a portal that will take players to Gnomeland Security or Dropship Landing Zone. In other starting cities (Neriak near the main entrance, Gorowyn near the base of the main lift, Kelethin near the bank, and New Halas near the dock) and in other gnomish areas (Bonemire at the Drednever camp, and Solusek's Eye near the entrance), small gnome celebration areas also have a Tinkerfest coordinator who explains the festival and a portal to Gnomeland Security. All areas with Tinkerfest NPCs have collectibles and harvestable cogs available as ground spawns for players to pick up. Event-specific public quests have been added to The Commonlands and Antonica.

[IMG]

New features for 2021!
    • TLE servers:
      • Kaladim - The event is active, with the following exception (due to expansion availability):
        • The Reticent Tinkerer, and "Hack 'n Slash".
      • Tarinax - A special Tinkerfest themed merchant, a celebrating tinkerer, and The Shiny Tinkerfest Cog—the currency used to purchase event items—are all located in the city of Freeport and Qeynos Capitol District.
    • Live servers:
      • New Overseer Quests and Agent:
        • See Tibbles Aclatter at Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains.
      • 10 New Merchant Items sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security!
      • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Tinkerfest Blueprints 13.0” sold by Myron in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains. The recipes require Shiny Tinkerfest Cog obtained as quest rewards or harvested, and other low-level harvestables as components.
    Loads of things are returning this year, as well. Achievements, tinkering recipe books sold by Tarly, Tinkerfest Merchant, in Gnomeland Security in Steamfont Mountains, collections, quests, and participating Aether races to name a few. There are also a plethora of new items and blueprints being added which you can purchase from Myron in Gnomeland Security.

[IMG]

Finally, and with much excitement, there are a ton of new Overseer quests as well as tradeskill and merchant items being added for 2021. You'll need a keen eye and a good pair of gloves to protect your hands from all the tinkering you'll be doing, but the list stretches from here to the moon!

• Necromech Drone Box
      • When added to your inventory this Necromech Drone Box will give you one heirloom clockwork drone and one heirloom tinkered weapon!
        • Four of the drones are flavor pet spells; one drone is a familiar (rarer item). Any of the drones can be turned into house item plushies (but cannot be turned back).
        • The weapons are appearance only.
    [IMG]
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all my Gnomes and adapted gnomes are ready to tinker up all those new items and dress up in special tinker gear
    move over Cogsworth I have my tinker dragmashious , tinker madangles and watchimacallis ready to go .
    Streamfront here I come .
    Breanna, Hartsmith and Peredhel like this.
  3. Peredhel Active Member

Oh, my ticking heart :)
    Hartsmith likes this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Necromech Drone Box?? where is this from? marketplace? PQ reward?
    Tanz Sixfingers likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

marketplace
    Chikkin likes this.
  6. Spextasy Well-Known Member

The new mount seems to be missing from the merchant. :(
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Not seeing the mount on the merchant.. oversight, or doesn't exist?
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there are now 2 rhinos on Tarly.

Even so , I must have missed that one last year , because there is no new mount on display in the house for new items on the Test server .
    Unless a new mount was added late , that is possible because simply changing the color on the rhino mount should not be to hard , but I am only guessing .
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just went on to the Public Test server forum , and there seams to be no new mount , I was wrong about the rhino , there were already 2 of those last year .
    Kaitheel always tells us when one of the new items is a mount , and there was also no talk about one on the forum and none was on display in our new festival items house .

According to Kaitheel there are NO new mounts this year .
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Accendo Guest

Doesn't exist, and thank you for catching this and letting me know. I've updated the post and article to reflect this year's information.
  11. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

:confused::(

Not that I need another mount. But I have sooo many shiny cogs. My ponies just couldn't help themselves, LOL.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol there are some really cool ones from last year , well all 6 flying mounts are wings , but there are 2 leapers and 2 ground mounts

one of the leapers is painful the other is a nice modern jet back ( I wished it would fly )
    and the 2 Rhinos with the really unique tail ( just love that electrical plug .
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, the jetpacks should be flying mounts.
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

same with the asskicker leaper mount
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Nah, that one actually makes sense to just be a leaper mount, despite the cartoon logic it works on.
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  16. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah sure but i want it as an appearance mount for a flier
    continuous asskickings to stay aloft
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  17. Chikkin Well-Known Member

but they're not jetpacks.... they are jump-packs
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's what it looks like that counts and the only reason I did not buy one is the name , because it made it clear , that this will not fly .
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Ha! One of my gnomes uses that painful one. But then he is a bruiser after all, LOL.

On the rhino, I noticed you can use it as an appearance even when using a leaping mount, which I luv.
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Kaitheel like this.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes I been doing that since I got it on Kaladim , Hartsmith .
    But now I can't use it anymore on my tinker toon if I want to fly .
    I also used the rino as an appearance on my ground mount with feather fall , so for a short distance it does look like it flies .

Lol , Bludd . just thinking of that makes my posterity hurt .