Not A Bug Fuel Merchant Buy-back

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Punmietz, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Punmietz New Member

Hello, so for the last few days I noticed that I cannot sell back unused fuel items in my Guild Hall. Does anyone know if this is an issue with the GH?
    Thanks! :)
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Tkia, Mizgamer62 and Doobius40504 like this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not a bug. This is a clumsy fix to an exploit problem that is going to inconvenience low level crafters and new players more than anyone else. One day they might actually learn how to fix exploits properly instead of breaking other basic functionality in the game.
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Doobius40504 like this.
  4. Grandavi Active Member

I am guessing that 2004-2008 was a well mapped programming series. Today is probably a massive (very) map of links, causes, effects that is a bear to tackle.

I am not a true programmer, but If you just sit and imagine... doing one thing in the game can trigger multiple effects. In my head (which is a very dark and sometimes vacuous area) it would be far simpler just to do a EQ3...

However... I truly don't think that the company(s) that own EQ2 actually understand the financial potential of a EQ3 (especially if they would allow a Pay to Export Character to EQ3 (with limitations)).

Just my whimsical response.
  5. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

From what I recall seeing & reading about EQNext/Landmark, I wouldn't have touched it...

What they (and every owner dev team of the game since launch under SOE) don't get is that even a small amount of advertising would have made and kept EQ2 far, far more profitable than EQ1 ever was. But, it's been a total lack of vision and caring from day one. Nothing is going to change their absent desire to make EQ2 function properly, listen to their players (end-game/current expac raiders OR the rest of us) or fix even a fraction of what has been fubar for months & years. All they do is continue to make it worse. I expect nothing to change under G7.

But, I still play because I love the game. Always have, and will probably not quit until they eventually pull the plug. And I'm sure EQ1 will keep going years after EQ2 is dead & buried.
    Juraiya likes this.
  6. Taled Well-Known Member

I can't even *begin* to imagine how terrible an idea it would be to pay to move a character from EQ1/2 to a potential EQ3. The only way to even *potentially* make it work would be to literally create a brand new character at L1 with the same name and appearance, and why on earth would you *pay* for that, even if you are interested in the RP aspect?

If EQ3 is ever developed, I would hope the game would be completely incompatible with EQ1/EQ2 character data as the new engine/etc was developed.
    Breanna and Lucutious like this.