Our Lunar Journey, to the Moon and Return (Excursion 2021)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Geroblue, May 28, 2021.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sounds yummy I'll have the same. Except for the tea, I'll have coffee instead :)
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

They also have sandwiches... but those may be made out out algae, that looks like meat and veggies. I'm not sure where they get the bread though.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't get us started on Tater Tots lol we had a very interesting discussion going on , on the forum , including recipes .
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

But I like tater tots. Ah, well. Onward !

"After supper, we have been offered time in the observing room to look at the stars."

"Oh, several folks who work here have some small reflector telescopes. One will be pointed at the Earth, the others will be used to look at various galaxies."
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Ah, Andromeda galaxy ! It will be here in a few million years. Did you know at one time it was thought to be a nebula in our galaxy ? But it is a larger galaxy, over 2 million light years away."
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Hmm... that 100 mile across comet is somewhere in our outer solar system, heading inward. Probably too dim, yet, to be picked up by my virtual telescopes."

( And yes, it does exist and is heading inward.)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Over there I see, Jupiter's moons slowly orbiting it, some nearby it, zoom right along. While those further out, move slowly by, like a ballroom dancer in one-quarter time."
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Okay folks, time to get your last minute souvenirs and prepare to load up on the stage coach."

"I'm, getting a few moon rocks, a chunk of Lunar Havarti cheese, and photos of all the landers, etc. on the Moon."
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Robbie says, "All Aboard ! Loading time for the stage coach ! "
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Hitching up the mules. Snacks and meals loaded. Extra water is in the dispensers."
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Starting our run. Gaining speed."

"Gaining speed."

"We have lift off !"

Robbie asks, "No air here, why gaining speed ?"

"More dramatic."
    Breanna likes this.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No air in the stage coach either! Flloooomp! Massive decompression and the ship is gone. What a sad end to this lovely tale.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

LOL ttobey
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Gero ! There seems to be someone floating past the stagecoach !"

"I see nothing."
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Hmmm. Lots of satellites this year... must be raining satellites. Good thing we brought along my Super Dooper Satellite Avoidance Device and Pencil Sharpener !"

"Approaching Earth orbit."
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"I wonder if that was toobey ? Well, can't let him float around out here. He might get a ticket for littering."

Robbie calls on the radio, "Rescue and or Litter Pickup. We need a pickup at just over there, a blinking light has been placed next to the person needing assistance."

Litter and Rescue Patrol replies, "We have him in sight. Oh, still moving. Change the sign to rescue. We'll take him back to Earth."

Robbie replies, Thanks !"
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Hmm... flying robots dismantalling old satellites. What will they think of next. Hopefully stage coaches are new enough they wont be bothered."

The coach and robot mules approach the landing field. Steady. Steady.

"And we are down. All ashore going ashore !"

I hope you enjoyed the trip.

That's all you all.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for the trip Geroblue .
    Nudges ttoby , seams to be fast asleep ,He is all tuckered out after we took him out of his dream snow glob .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Me standing on the landing pad looking up: Oh look here come the Li'l Adventurers traveling home. I hope they have a good landing! ..... Uh oh. They over shot the earth and there they go, straight past the planet and into a massive black hole.
    Farewell Space Travelers. Have a nice implosion.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.