Why isn't Daybreak marketing the Tarinax server?

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by Soraka, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Soraka New Member

Hello :)

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I apologize if it's not in the right place.

I'm a little confused why Daybreak Games is not marketing the new PVP server "Tarinax." How do they expect a PVP server to do well without marketing it? They're not getting the word out about it at all, and it's just depressing seeing the numbers dwindle with such a fun server. The only way I found out about the server was from a random YouTube video with no relation to Daybreak. They could run some social media ads, make a YouTube video showcasing the server from one of the devs, or even a dev Twitch stream. Your website homepage shows nothing on it, and it's hidden as an "Event" server when creating a character which is just plain weird. My whole guild is complaining about this server's population and is looking for other options. Please try to get the word out about this server, or eventually, it will die out. There's a lot of speculation among us that this server is a cash grab with no intention of long term, and it's simply due to Daybreak's lack of effort in marketing this server. There are so many things they could be doing that wouldn't require a significant investment.
    Sunlei likes this.
  2. Frulia Member

Just wondering, but which YouTube video did you watch about Tarinax? I'm interested in watching Tarinax videos.
  3. vlada Active Member

no one cares about pvp.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Frulia and Breanna like this.
  5. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

You do realize this is SOE/Daybreak, the KING of milking, tanking, then sunsetting MMO's, right? :rolleyes:
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

meant to say why is DB , NOT marketing any of their games .
    SONY does NOT own any of the on line games anymore .
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Every time we ask about marketing the response is 'very targeted audiences'... I just find it odd that their 'targeted audience' doesn't seem to have any overlap with their current player base.. if it did, we'd be seeing those elusive ads...
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

They're not marketing the game to the player community. The "targeted audience" is investors who would buy the game, haha. I'm only partially joking here. Seriously, look at wherever gamers hang out, read or review about games, rankings, etc. and you will not find a single mention or hint of EQII anywhere in advertising, gaming reviews, conventions, you name it.
    The Martian and Mermut like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I mean Marketing should look like what happened with Wizard 101 they had adds on TV , ads in magazines and promotions on products for in game benefits .
    Now that is what I call marketing .
    And it worked , I played that game ,so I would know .
    All I ever saw for EQ was a little short note about it Everquest being the second oldest on line multiple player game .

I have seen more about WoW
    The Martian likes this.