Request for clarification in today's (7/13/21) patch notes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Rrenee, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Rrenee Member

Can you please clarify definitively what "With enough Public Quest participation" means?

Does it mean you must have "x" number of people in the raid? If so what is the minimum number required?

Does it mean you simply must be in raid for the full fight?

Other?

TIA!
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

i think it means you have to have earned the full reward, so join before 80% i think and not just auto attack
  3. Rrenee Member

Ok maybe, but I'd like to see them say so. What I don't want to happen is 2-3 groups go through the trouble of killing the first 2 mobs, then kill the 3rd and find out after the fact, oh sorry you didn't have a full raid, no OL named credit for you. So would like them to clarify what they mean.
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

I can't guarantee it, obviously, but I believe it is the same requirement for them to give credit for the solo weekly - You can't one group it, but you need to get the max participation reward in a fight with (seemingly) 2 or more groups.

To be honest, it is unlikely that you will see the PQ being killed and *not* have enough people to get credit, especially as people load up lower-tier alts to 'mooch' credit.
  5. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Yup, PQs are going to be horrid with the number of undergeared alts engaging them.
  6. Accendo Guest

Participation is counted by active engagement. Hitting the PQ mob once and afking for the rest of the fight will count for very little if anything towards participation. Being active gets you more participation credit, and it doesn't matter what stats you have.
    Jaden, Breanna, Doobius40504 and 2 others like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol even if you die 12 times but as long as you hit those mobs it counts .
    I got a pretty good reward for my undergeard former exile not upgraded back to experts yet .
    And man I was squishy .
    But I can see a problem with the lack of DPS.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

And seems only mother, turtle and doom re giving the update for that outdoor weekly quests ? Right ?
    is it April 1st? in a week the joke will be lifted and the first 2 will also validate the quest? haha;)
  9. vlada Active Member

only the 3rd pq mob in each zone updates the quest
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

Yes I understood correctly;)
    If the people managing this game knew the difficulty in making pq, the organized, the population present on their servers nowadays,
    They would not Implant this.

I don't understand some of their ideas.
    Basically they're good, but they look like they're put on by people who don't know the game at all.
    The pqs validate the outdoor (finally), but that the 3rd of each zone?
    The player will he not prefer to camp the 2 of sw and st even for 1 hour than to get tired of mounting pqs, Composed of weakly equipped alt, on a server with a declining population?

If the idea is to help the player accomplish his weeklie, so be it. A little bit of logic To bring the pqs up to date would be welcome
  11. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Actually - I think it serves a few goals:
    - Provide additional way to finish the overland weekly quest: Now we have 2 overland heroic names, bounties, and the third mob in the overland PQ's

- Gets players to pop that third name in the overland PQ's for players that still need the achievements for killing them AND to complete the cataloguing quests that require the third PQ name once you get to that point.

They've not been being actively popped in a long time and we have guildies wanting us to use raid time to make this happen. I am glad they made it the 3rd name in the overland PQs for this reason.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If it was all 3 PQ mobs, then people would have the quest done in like 10 mins.

Requiring the end mobs at least slows it down and requires servers to be killing all of the PQ mobs at very least.

I'm all for it being the Bonus PQ mob, I like the change.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.