Not A Bug Double Coins Event didn't reward properly.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zeutral, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Zeutral New Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: One Time

Zone: Savage Weald
    Character: Level 120 Defiler

Summary: Double Coins
    Description: I received the weeklies after the double coin event started. I completed the pred and prey quest and did not receive the double coins for the event. I only received the double coins from membership.
    Rargo, Bludd and EmJay like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah the overland named mission does not reward doubles.
  3. Mylene New Member

Frequency: Happened Once

Summary: Double Coins
    Description: I have just completed covert operations and I did not receive double the ethereal coins, but my husband did. I have an active subscription. I was supposed to receive 24, but only received 12.
  4. Silkmyst Active Member

Summary: Double Shadowed Ethereal Coins

Description: Completed covert operations weekly with a friend, I did not receive double ethereal coins, but she did. I have an
    active subscription. I was supposed to receive 24, only received 12. This was yesterday around 8pm PST.
  5. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Be sure that weeklies (heroic or EH) were started (received) during the event. Those gotten on Thurs and partially done or completed, would get double coins. I ended up deleting all the weeklies I got on Thurs and re getting them on Fri. Also for the double coins - the weeklies must also be completed before the event finishes.

Also RoS White Weekly Quest is not giving double coins (known issue).
  6. Rondo New Member

Zone: Savage Weald
    Character: Level 120 Troubador

Summary: I did not get my doubled ethereal coins from event
    Description: Probably not real bug but it seems your event started late and deprived me of 12 coins. I'm including my email from CS which is why I'm posting here. this happened at 3:30am BTW I know this has happened to a number of users.

Flora "Violetann" R. (Daybreak Games)
    Jun 26, 2021, 10:06 PM PDT
    Greetings,

I understand you're having some trouble with your double ethereal reward not working properly. Unfortunately, this isn't something that In Game CS can assist with as it's a game mechanic. We'll send in a bug report but I strongly advise that you also submit a /bug report with all the details so it can be looked into and fixed. You might also want to post on the Bug Reports Forum here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?forums/bug-reports.342/.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

GM Violetann
    EQII Customer Support

Jun 26, 2021, 9:16 PM PDT
    Clef is the one missing 12 coins

Jun 26, 2021, 9:14 PM PDT
    I logged in about 3:30 EST Friday a got all new weekly quests and ran the Solo but only got 12 coins (6 and 6 for being a member). Later runs worked as advertised. I need those coins to achieve my max since I only have 2 120 toons (Rondo and Clef)
    thank you :D
  7. Caith Developer

Only quests accepted during a double event qualify for double rewards. You cannot sit on old quests and wait for a double event to happen to turn them in for double rewards, then pick up more quests to double the amount of rewards received for an event.

The double ethereal bonus was not specifically intended to double the bonus mission (Reign of Shadows: Dark Side of Ethereals), but it will be updated to do so for future double ethereal events.
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

in my case i waited for the event scorched sky to start (as per the announcement posted by community manager Accendo double ethereal rewards was to run throughout scorched sky event duration - event started at 00:01 just after midnight friday 25th of june). i did the new scorched sky event quest for this year called feats of burning devotion.

then i deleted any and all weeklies and picked them up again from the various mission givers in shadow haven and then me and some friends completed the weekly mission dark travels: predator and prey

my reward was 24 ethereal coins. the base as per your post is 12, doubled for members. that means i am missing 24 ethereal coins due to an error in the game whereby the double ethereal coin event was in fact not started simultaneously with the scorched sky event. this contradicts the statement in the announcement post by Accendo.

i have petitioned about this as per Accendo's instruction, but CS refused me and told me to put in a bug report.
    Bodiddle and Xianthia like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

The doubled ethereal rewards for Scorched Sky turned on late - People who did the quests inside the first ~6 hours or something similar did not get doubled rewards for the first weeks quest no matter when they picked it up if they finished it in that window.

It's not really possible to double up any more at any rate because the missions tend to be the same instead of rotating each week.
    Bludd likes this.