Not A Bug "Thexian Taint" can not be completed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by JediMasterBurst, Jun 29, 2021.

1. JediMasterBurst New Member

When I try to talk to Ginwyess D'Arkenett at the end of the quest. The Quest doesn't complete.

NPC Loc: -369, -50, 44
    Quest: "Thexian Taint"
    - Speak with Ginwyess D'Arkenett at T'Vatar Post

Character: Elmirea
    Server: Halls of Fate
    Class: Wizard
    Race: Wood Elf
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

The only reason I can think of this quest wouldn't complete would be if you changed your alignment in the middle of it, unless the NPC is bugged. But I don't know that it is. I did this within a month ago's time, and it worked fine (as an evil toon). However, I certainly can't be sure that nothing has changed in the weeks' past since I completed it to say differently. I would attempt to buy a betrayal token if you have the loyalty points for it, and change it to evil to see if it will complete, then another betrayal token to return to your chosen alignment (unless you stay dark side for the cookies, of course. :D ) if that didn't fix it, then I don't know, perhaps a support ticket to see if a GM can help you auto-complete it.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Sorry to hear Ginwyss is giving you the cold shoulder right now, Burst.

Ginwyss in involved in two different quest lines, which can sometimes momentarily lead to a block on one quest, while you have to complete another. It can be confusing and frustrating, but as you progress through more quests in Darklight Wood, he will eventually speak with you and complete this quest, too.

Specifically, he will respond once you complete "A Guard Insignia?" and "The Missing Recruit".

Mind you, not everyone hits this snag as they progress through the quest lines, which is why Mercychalice didn't encounter this issue but you did. It all depends on what quest you accept and complete, in what order. Nothing you could have knowingly done to avoid it, but it will work out.

~ Kaitheel
    Twyla, Doobius40504 and Breanna like this.
  4. JediMasterBurst New Member

I was able to get it completed after I picked up "A Guard Insignia".
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Glad to hear it, Burst!

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna likes this.
  6. ichibankameha New Member

I reported this under the EQ2 bug report and just found this forum. This advice let me finish the quest! thank you so much everyone!
    Kaitheel likes this.