Server Population

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by rowdey, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

For any who cares I found some Osmir at the beach in Commonlands , that can only mean one thing , the shells are back :D
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

" rowdey " things are looking up after this giant exploit was uncovered and the server was treated to a roll back .
    the towns are populated again .

ok the way you get to Tarinax is when you begin the process of creating a character you are asked what kind of server you want to go on .
    pick the " Event server ", that will take you to Tarinax , hope to see you there .
  3. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

Lol no Tarinax

[IMG]
    Siren likes this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

weird because we are here , maybe it's because they are using the Event server for Tarinax .
  5. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

or they just simply dont want you to know how low population tarinax is actually....
    Zenji likes this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

You're posting about early morning on a weekday, and /who all only shows your faction. So if you're a Q, all the Freeps and Exiles don't show in the list at all.

That said, the exploiters forcing a rollback and the devs not eliminating level locking like they said they would aren't helping the population any, either.

Neither is the widespread use of Radar for player tracking. The devs should just enable Player Tracking for all races with Racial Tracking and be done with it. Why aren't they even nabbing people for using the 3rd party program Radar?
    Kittybock likes this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

It was not my reddit post, just thought it was fitting to the question that I quoted.

Nobody expects the server to be at prime occupancy at 8am on a weekday, but 71 people for w/e the posters faction was is still an embarrassment.

and yup the server has problems, exploiting, and broken dev promises, just like every TLE server before it. Yet none of them had sub ~100 players online 6 weeks into the server's launch.
    Siren likes this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Kaladim had 39 people online at one point at the end of SF. Tarinax is feelin pretty dead though, as far as PvP goes. There might be 100+ people online, but they all crowding the broker in EFP. I don't understand how people on Q side level up... I'd have to level on Freep side and betray.
  10. Intenzive Member

Double xp weekend going on right now. Also I think the server will see a population increase once we get to EOF. EOF, ROK and TSO where the most popular expansions when it came to pvp.
  11. trollanfrog Member

Curiosity... How does level lockers hurt the server?

There is nothing to do at 70 because people raid all the time and don't do anything but sit in their home town. The most kill you get are green and blue players that don't stand a chance in hell. Meanwhile at 20 there is literally always someone to kill at all hours. It's not like new people are trying to play this game. It's lost 30 servers already
  12. Kotter Legendary Member

as long as I'M online, the server is not dead.
    Siren and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Genuflunkie New Member

The level lockers hurt the server because they're patrolling all the newbie zones and the low level dungeons with all the pay to win speed toys full potions and masters. They can take on three normal geared people at once. They're usually playing a scout class for radar and boom two of them together can massacre whole groups.
    It's not pvp, it's a tollbooth. A time sink for rezzes and running back. Apparently once you hit the high 20's you're free from it. Either fix locking or just have every mob under 20 drop masters and fabled gear and then Katy bar the door. Also come on, we can even catch these guys with their Flock of seagulls and other nonsense, They can come in solo kill one or two people then run off even if four guys are chasing them.

The design sucks. Was it intended for cash shop heroes to be immortal? I know nothing will change and i'm spitting into a hurricane but really guys, it takes one fix, no xp or AA locking. Without the level locking maybe they'll be pvp at 70, where people belong, a somewhat fair fight.
    Arielle Nightshade and Siren like this.
  14. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I wouldn't expect them to change anything until they start seeing cash shop sales dropping off. Until then, it's more pressure on newbies/lowbies to buy the same stackable speed buffs and such, "just to have a chance." And once Pandora's box is opened for a speed buff, it's that much easier to click on the "buy" button for Master upgrades, etc.

Until the last nickel is squeezed out though, it won't change. If they really cared about your "experience," they would have had more PvP servers before this.
  15. trollanfrog Member

Pay to win speed toys? You realize that buff is ridiculous no matter what level you are? Full potions and Full masters. Masters are cheap, and potions are easily crafted, if you are not running around with them something is failure on your own part.

70 has the absolute worse PvP. It basically doesn't even exist unless it's 6v6 every once in awhile. You can fly around forever looking for someone or just wait till they are off your recent list. Mortis, Darkhand, SS, Inserrection etc, don't do anything but pve then call to their home town where they afk. I could log in right now and find more people in the city than in the lands.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Except for Darkhand running full 6 man groups and camping the portals in Bonemire to gank soloers doing their cloud mount timeline. Cowards.

So..yeah...Bonemire is becoming the lvl 70 version of DLW.
    Kittybock and Pibbinz like this.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Have you been to the Sky lately? o_O It appears the gank squads that were rolling folks in DLW have leveled up and Q's are now camping points on the Cloud Mount questline. While that is a predictable path for players to take, I am guessing that the Freeportians need to repay the favor and camp portals in the sky as well.

As to 6v6, I've not seen much of that. It's more like 6v1, as whole groups are waiting til a solo player is at a quest turn in that is a bit involved and taking them out. :cool:
    Raff likes this.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Okay, so server population may reduce drastically. The gank teams in the KoS overland zones are pretty insane.

I was trying to help a guildie in the sky, and had my hubby's warden en tow, to try and get that last bit of XP he needs to hit 70. To me, PvP is a 1v1, maybe a 2v1 or perhaps a 6v6, but this AM's gank team was a mix of exiles. I counted at least 12 of them, running around killing folks in TT. Disheartening.

I really loved this server but if these 12 man gank teams continue, the server will DIE. I know that folks in our guild have all opened their wallets readily on this server, but 12v3 or 12v1?!?

I also really want to know how they are following people through multiple evacs, ports, etc? I've had a group follow me through at least 3 hops the other day to kill me. How do they know your destination. I've tried jumping to some weird places...and was still followed.
  19. trollanfrog Member

This is so rare, no one is out there during my play time I guess. I have seen more than usual but how long will it last? The numbers aren't growing, they are declining. You can look guild to guild and see this.

People quitting a PvP server because of PvPing is really backwards. I don't see the logic behind it. Camping or not, you have a choice to go somewhere else.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Did I suggest quitting? The issue is not that people are PvPing on a PvP server, but that the PvP is very focused on specific areas which are needed to level up. ie. I am a 70, but others are not. The PvP exile groups are targeting players trying to level. In many cases, killing them even if there is zero reward for so doing. Also, there is the deal with killing a person over and over, which needs to be addressed. We had a guild member killed repeatedly this weekend, while he was questing. Killing someone repeatedly SHOULD lower your fame, IMHO.

We were discussing this in Guild this AM, comparing it to PvP in other games, such as Guild Wars 2 or Archeage, etc. In many games with PvP, there are areas with and without PvP. EQ2 was not really designed around PvP, hence there will always be players that gang up to grief others.

There are groups of 10+ griefing a solo dude doing basket quests in TT, then bragging about it? :rolleyes:

Either way, it's not a healthy mix for server longevity.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.