The death of the paladin...

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Twofeets, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sorry but could you tell me ( I am not a on line game veteran ) what does DAoC stand for ?
  2. Jalathan Active Member

DAoC = Dark Age of Camelot. It is a game that came out inbetween the release of EQ and EQ2. It is a RvRvR type of PVP game.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  3. Twofeets Active Member

DAoC is still around? I used to love that game until all the radar hacks ruined it. The combination of PvE in your own realm and PvE/PvP in the borderlands was fun as hell! I may have to look into this again when I find time!

(Honestly, used to hope EQ would follow a similar model, with Freeport and Qeynos at war, with separate PvE areas and shared frontier areas for PvP and advanced PvE. Unfortunately, this never happened).
  4. Grandavi Active Member

The thing that really gets me is that my Paladin was born 07/2007 (what was I thinking... starting a MMPORG in the middle of summer???) and I have been through the ups and downs of being great and being dead. My Paly is still my main character and shall remain so as long as I am ingame, but I am levelling a wizzie right now (just about to hit lvl 100) and am just dumbfounded by the difference.

I can solo better with my wizzie than with the Paladin...

Yes... I can't really heal myself much, but that doesn't matter because I can pop everything fast and I can stand up just as long as I do with my Plate armor dude.

I thought necro or conjy was going to be the way to go next, but as a crappy little wizard tearing up the fields of Norrath... I gotta say... how did they get my Paladin ... so... wrong.
    Ruderalis likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I raided with a paladin and he flat kicks *** in raid, soloing or grouping. I'm sure he probably has thoughts on how to make the paladin better, but from what I've seen, he definitely knows what he's doing.
    Laaw likes this.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

Getting this company to respond to anything class related is almost as good af finding the holy grail. They just dont give a poop any longer and yall will keep paying them to not give a poop. Its hilarious to watch.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks Jalathan , I might give that a try .

I tell you they are working on the next game , mark my word .
  8. Ruderalis New Member

Thanks for sharing your gaming experience. I actually giggled a little bit because I had a similar experience I won't detail atm.