Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

My suggestion is to either dump that search button or make it useful. Right now I type in the name of the item I want to purchase and get NOTHING, regardless of what the item is. I know I am typing the correct name, spelling, caps if involved, etc. The button is USELESS.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. LDEffectsMe Active Member

I would like to see all of the EverQuest 1 Kunark epic 1.0 weapons (and possibly the Omens of War 2.0) recreated and placed into the Marketplace... Even if there were an appearance restriction so that only the sub-classes of the original EQ1 class could use each one. For example, both Templars and Inquisitors being able to use the cleric water sprinkler.

If the art assets are remade, it could also be sold in both games. Win win. :)

Additionally, I would like to see more two handed axes that don't rest at a weird angle and clip into the character's leg armor. But yes, many more two handed axes please.
    Geroblue likes this.
  3. Jumjumbandito Active Member

How about the old Heroic Character mounts for sale? Opegaz, the Coldain Pegasus.... Anything better than that goofy eel we've had since THALUMBRA for heaven's sake.
    Rattophaxe, Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  4. Obano Well-Known Member

I wish we could open 20 crates all at once instead of 1 at time. It takes quite a bit of time while to open these if you have to open 100s of them.
    Tangris and Cassta like this.
  5. Julesholland Active Member

i would like a trash barrel, you could place items in, click a button, get a confirmation and everything in the barrel is destroyed
    Tells, Breanna and Cassta like this.
  6. ol'stoney New Member

CANT USE MARKETPLACE WITH THE GAME DOWN OVER AND OVER AND OVER ....
  7. Killzu Cuzyermean New Member

Some questions you can ask yourself are:
    • Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    • Yes I use the marketplace, especially for decoration stuff!
    • Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    • Usually I can find what im looking for pretty quickly
    • Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    • YES!
    • -Nimbus like eq1 (cool particle character effects)
    • -Weapon appearances/particle effects
    • -Purchasable guild hall storage crates for housing excess items ! Ability to expand these.
    • -As already mentioned, pet illusions... my mage pet is um...really ugly and weird.
    • -New housing items regularly
    • -I also love the idea of being able to buy the LON specific things
    • -Possibly different textures for housing walls like in the original eq2 houses
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    • I found it easily
    • Thanks for asking!
    Rosyposy, Geroblue and Cassta like this.
  8. Shaie Active Member

I usually visit the Marketplace when I collect my monthly sub gift. I also visit on holidays for the special holiday decorating sets.

The user interface is fine, but I do think a bit more organization of the items within the Marketplace is needed. Some items are not located where it would be logical to find them.

I'd like to see the return of the Player Studio. Some of the items that have been introduced were just amazing in terms of creativity and pretty much all of them are awesome. You have players WILLING AND ABLE to create all kinds of items/appearances so you should make use of them. Even if you have to pay them with DBC.

I also agree with bringing some of the old CE items to the Marketplace - I can tell you right now that I'd buy some of the tax-free sales crates if I could because just ONE per account that has about 30 characters is NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH. It would also be nice if we could purchase "crafting packs" - stacks of say 20 or 50 of the special ingredients required for pre-expansion crafting recipes (like Umbral Sand). I'd very much like to be able to purchase the Burynai house pet too - that little fella is very handy to have around! Not to mention, if we're on Kaladim we have no other option to dump the bones/waters/fertilizers because we're not getting Guild Halls & I don't think that's one of the items available to /claim. If we could buy one & put it into the Guild House, that would be awesome. It's been what? 17 years? I think it would be ok to go ahead & let players who didn't purchase a CE at launch purchase the Burynai housepet.

More doors and doors that can fit in more doorways. I recently purchased the Wood Elf Greenhouse, which came with 2 doors. They don't fit in the doorway well AT ALL, and to top it off THEY BOTH OPEN THE SAME DIRECTION. I couldn't get a single to fit nicely in the doorway leading out to the terrace either (this was in the Magical Manor, which is the same layout as the largest Qeynos home across from the Mage Tower in SQ). Split doors would also be neat, perhaps with the top being always open & then the bottom opens when you click it?

It's VERY easy to find the Marketplace. It pops up on login and is also a LARGE shopping cart button at the bottom of the screen.
  9. Prosum New Member

I think it would be really cool if there was an option to have your quests reset so that you could go back through the game and complete the quests again on your favorite toon. I like playing (roleplaying) my main toon, and don't really like having to make a new character to run the quests again. Then I would always have something to do in the game. I would certainly be willing to pay for this option.
    Geroblue and Cassta like this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I agree with this ReOrganization of the MarketPlace = Some items are very scattered around. Roofs for example have a place in Marketplace on their own Tab but then again there are many Roofs that you have to go through Matching Furniture Tabs to find listed in their various decorator categories. Perhaps they could be listed there in with the other items of that decoration kind but ALSO under the roofing tab? Perhaps with some sort of note or notation that indicates that there is a whole matching set to this particular roof in it's own Matching Furniture Tab? That would be extremely helpful and quicker than searching through everything to find all the roofs.

A similar item I see this with is Stairs. Some are listed under Stairs and Ladders Tab but some others are scattered throughout the various Decorator Tabs. Similar suggestion treatment for them as for roofs.
    Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  11. Dristlin Member

Have different types merc boxes available at once. A healer character does not need a healer merc, a mana feed charter does not need a mana feed merc. But the boxes available are for only one type. A bunch of random types in 1 box would mean a chance to get useless mercs for your class. But if their where say healing merc, dps merc, utility merc and tank merc boxes at the same time available people could buy what they are looking for.

Have dress-able base race mercs in the the boxes. It is nice to be able to coordinate outfits.

Instead of using the forced rogues gallery location give a merc house actor to show off and hire from. (honestly it would be nice to have ways to show off screen shot a merc collection. I have all the collectors edition mercs but would have to cycle through summoning them to show them off or screen shot the hiring zone.) If a player can get to their house they can get to the zone with the mercs with only a few more zones changes, so might mean less time wasted zoning to hire them. Also less time spent searching for where they are at, so saves players time and allows to show off.
    Rosyposy, Hartsmith, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  12. Paragonvii Active Member

• Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often? Yep, been using it for years, and rather enjoy it. I dont mind paying a little money for something I enjoy.
    • Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for? For the most part, yes. I had trouble finding a "guild rename potion" but with a little help, got to it.
    • Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?DONT LAUGH lol. I thing a portable "chrono option" in this game would sell like HOTCAKES. You know, the chronomages that we have to use to lower our level. If we could buy or get something that was portable it would save everyone the time traveling back and forth when enjoying older content.
    Also~ Please have more sales and promos. I know money can be tight, but there are a lot of people that arent loaded, and sales kick the revenue back in even though its a sale. It makes people maybe buy those items they were on the fence with.
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find? Yes.
  13. Crazycatlady Member

• Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    • Yes Not as often as I did before
    • Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    • Pretty much
    • Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    • More Appearance armor and mounts
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find? Yes
    Cassta likes this.
  14. Paragonvii Active Member

Suggestion~ People in this game generally LOVE MOUNTS. I would add to the marketplace a "lotto mount" purchase item. This would randomly give the player ANY one of the mounts in the game, besides the newest xpac ones (or maybe those also). This would ALSO include LON mounts, zone mounts, prior xpac mounts.

I believe this would really light up the sales and bring out and about a bunch of old mounts people don't see or maybe know existed.
    Geroblue likes this.
  15. Robynous Well-Known Member

I am an altaholic so the things I buy most are new toons! I will also buy new races without a thought. I tend to only spend the cash I get for membership normally, otherwise it would need to be something really good for me to reach for my wallet, but when I am building a new toon I tend to spend money on wings, clothes, and homes. For example I would pay good money for costumes like this:
    [IMG]
    Just about any of that, from skimpy girly kit, to the fur loin cloth, and the long robe on the vampire dude. New races in particular are something that makes me want to make new toons and spend money on them.

Just a small edit, I don't do lottery purchases. I like to pay for exactly what I want. I have used cash from membership when you could buy cheap mercs with it, but that was because selling them got enough status to keep my guild halls open!
    Rosyposy and Geroblue like this.
  16. Yavie Active Member

Edit: It would also be nice to see the various LON mounts/cloaks etc. on the marketplace, perhaps as loyalty items?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  17. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I use the marketplace quite frequently! I would use it more if older house items were placed in it such as items no longer accessible in-game or the items from CE recipes. Also . . . I don't agree with having anything in a so-called VAULT. Bring back all of the older items!
    Also . . . What is your reasoning only being able to have ONE of each of the DAYS OF SUMMER items per character❓❓❓ what if I want to fill my house with the red loveseats?? I can only have one per chacter. Well on skyfire I only have 4 toons. I dont have any room to make a "throwaway" chacter anymore. That slot was given to AB! We shouldn't have to go through a whole slew of gibberish names just to get multiples of an item you thought it wauld be somehow fun to allow us only ONE.
    HOW dare you!
    Another thing I would like to see are some GI's designed like the City festival temporary ones. You have the design. Give us more either as a recipe or new Marketplace items. You guys got lazy with clothing/armor looks in the higher levels. Its very difficult to be a Qeynosian Fashionista! It takes alot of effort to look good!
    Griffon Lady, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  18. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

I'm Simple i just want some unique costumes and more flying wings including those that arent longer available
    Griffon Lady and Geroblue like this.
  19. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

Oh and in-game krono for plats
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. mythicaly Active Member

i buy stuff every 3 months................i would LOVE to see expac houses on the market place..i'd buy most of them