Help! Stuck at LaunchPad was unable to connect

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by CheeziePuff, Jun 18, 2021.

1. CheeziePuff New Member

Just downloaded the game and can't get past this. I've looked at all of the suggestions of other people who've had this issue but can't connect. My computer is fine, my connection is fine. Any ideas?
    barcevik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Respr23 Shade631

hello! im the same.. not sure what too do
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Respr23 Shade631

Anyone else experiencing this? its the same both from steam and the standalone launcher
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What, exactly, is the error message you're getting, folks? Or is it just "hanging" and not moving? :-/

The type and wording of the error can tell the techs a lot -- and this could be faster spotted by being posted on something like either the Bug Report Forum or the Player Support Forum (sadly, that one is way down at the bottom of the Forum list :-/) than here, but in the meantime...

Best thing to do if it's a really long, convoluted, error that makes no sense (which I've gotten a LOT; I'm no techie to interpret them ;->) is to take a screenshot of it and either attach it with a petition to the Official DBG Support Page and/or post it in the Forums.

To do that, you'll need a third-party image hosting site of some sort, since you can't upload directly here. Preferably do NOT use Facebook; they're weird about such things:

Step 1: Once you've gotten your hosting site (I like DeviantArt, since they don't charge 5 arms and 3 legs to post something on another site, like this one), do what you have to do to publish your screenshot image there (after tweaking it however you want in something like MS Paint or Photoshop).

Step 2: If your site is anything like DeviantArt, after the image is published, right-click on the image; you'll get a drop-down menu that includes the line, View Image. Click on that.

Step 3: You'll be given a black page with nothing on it, really, but your image and the URL of it at the top (the URL for this page, for instance, is:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ad-was-unable-to-connect.599988/#post-6657291

but don't click on it; it's just an example and will only redirect you right back here ;->). Highlight and Copy the URL.

Step 4: Come back here to a post; open one if you haven't already.

Step 5: DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP, or eventually you'll have nothing more than an awkward, huge, clugey link in the middle of your post that doesn't do much. At the top of any open post, there are a bunch of various icon buttons. Look for the one that looks like a little tree in a landscape, next to a little filmstrip (that one's for videos, I'm guessing; never used it myself). Click on the tree; the Insert/edit Image box will open.

Step 6: In the Enter Image URL line, Paste the URL you copied. Hit the Insert button.

Step 7: Voila! An inserted image, much like in Word. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it's just hanging and not moving, without any error, a thing you can try is to go into the directory where you installed the game; something like:

C:\EverQuest II

and look for a program called:

EverQuest2.exe

If you're not seeing it anywhere right away, it may be buried deeper by a level or two; I don't know your exact set-up. ;-> Look for the most recent date on it; there are a lot of .exe files at that same level, but the one you'll want will always be the most recent.

Click on that to activate it (or right-click and choose Open).

This will bypass all the LaunchPad nonsense, which may be glitching for whatever reason. It may take awhile; be patient.

Eventually, you'll go through a series of screens as if you had successfully logged in, but you'll come upon an old school Login window before too long. The first line will often be filled in already with your username; the second line is for your password; the third, for the character name you're trying to log in as; and the fourth should be the name of the server you're looking for. If you're like me and on more than one server, and it's not the one you were looking for, just type in the one you want. Make sure to spell it correctly, or you'll confuse the poor thing. :-/

That should work; once you're in (it's kind of a brute force way), that should settle things down.

Also: if you're on Terinax, that might be having an effect as well, but doing the "old school" route should catch it up to the latest and greatest patch.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. barcevik New Member

I am having the same issue:
    "
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit
    https://help.daybreakgames.com
    for assistance.
    (1-0)
    "
    I tried the other exe file but it's not working because of the "version not matching" thingy.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...they didn't have any game-wide issues that I know of until later on that night last night...weird. :-/

Yeah, I'd definitely follow the error's advice and check with the Help page.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

No, no, no. The 'old school route' will never, ever patch anything. It's an alternative login method which completely bypasses the launcher and patcher software when it is misbehaving. Which is why you will always get the 'wrong version' error if you aren't already patched up to date when you try it, and the only way past that is to use the launcher to patch the game.

People who are trying to get help with a problem need to post accurate details of their problem here, what you did, how far, you got, what the error was etc.. Nobody can advise you without clues.

And if all this happened to you yesterday it was probably because the servers were down for 9 hours for emergency maintenance and nobody was getting connected for the duration.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Paragonvii Active Member

Check your firewall, mate.