Game down this late

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by pplnotsointelligent, Jun 17, 2021.

1. krokous Member

We know that details are coming for like 12 hours now. Does it really take that long to write one sentence whats going on?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

From discord
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

Ahhh ty for the share.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

glad they are perma banning these losers.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

There was a previously reported bug that wasn't addressed because of workflow limitations. This resulted in a bad actor taking advantage and destroying the economy of the PVP TLE server. Once servers came back online they realized the interim solution wasn't feasible, and took it back down for more maintenance.

That's it, that's the tweet.

(Purely my own opinion and speculation, of course)
    Siren likes this.
  6. Accendo Guest

Thank you for your patience during the unplanned downtime. It was necessary in order to address an exploit resulting in duplicated currency. The severity of the exploit and its presence on all servers meant we had to take the game down while we worked on the fix.

Investigations overnight resulted in temporary suspensions on accounts involved. Investigations continue, we expect further suspensions, and we expect many of these suspensions to become permanent bans.

A fix for the exploit was completed early this morning and was published as soon as possible. Because of the impact to the Tarinax server, we have decided to roll back Tarinax to June 17, 2021 at 12 p.m. PDT. This will remove the exploited currency and the resulting issues. Daybreak Cash spent on non-account wide products and features consumed with /claim will be reimbursed, and Krono will be returned to their original owner during the regular Tuesday update on June 22, 2021.
  7. DENSER Well-Known Member

Better late than never, good luck to the team
    Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  8. Virtuosity Active Member

Thank you for the update.

Perma ban the bad guys, forever and ever.

Complete plat wipe for tarinax back to 0 if needed. we can always get more, and the reason we play tle is for the journey anyways.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

The current live price of 13 to 15 mill per krono is a direct result of the flooding of the severs During the Last big plat Dupe. that plus merging Servers full of that duped plat later. So i am Glad they are trying to take the time get this one correctly fixed
  10. iksars New Member

so when will the server be back up??
  11. krokous Member

Thank you. This is all we wanted to know.
  12. Carribea Active Member

glad you all got it all fixed up.
    sighs......no more clams tho
  13. Accendo Guest

We hope to have Tarinax back up and running later this evening.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They were busy. I understand why no communications; they probably also didn't have any information to communicate with us yet (they do now; yay! :D). >:-/

We appreciate their efforts to get us back as soon as they could, as best as they can. If my internet provider had come down unexpectedly but did their best to find out what the issue was and bring it back as soon as possible, yes, I'd thank them, and I'd hope others would, too.

On the other hand, AT&T, the phone company we had our DSL line through, did indeed go down for about 3 weeks, leaving us stranded with no word whatsoever, and no Internet access except for my hubby's work smart phone, which is less freedom than you might expect. At first we thought it was our ISP, but they were puzzled, too. Finally, once we got service back up again, finally AT&T deigned to grudgingly let us know that they were "consolidating" their local DSL hubs, without telling us they would do this first, only after the fact. Them, I was infuriated at, not our ISP. It wasn't an emergency, it hadn't been something they couldn't've warned us about, it didn't surprise them; that was a deliberate matter on their part, and they didn't think to inform their customers at all until way after the fact.

Shortly afterwards, we went with cable and cancelled that other phone line of ours.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/sigh THEY. MAY. NOT. KNOW.

Uwk
    Breanna and The Martian like this.
  16. Frenzywolf New Member

All good Accendo. Though I was not able to play as it was my main playing time, I am happy to have waited until things were sorted so we have a fair and playable game. Thanks to the Dev team for making that happen.
    Breanna, The Martian, Accendo and 2 others like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hopefully they'll restore it for a day or two. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Accendo Guest

Tarinax is now back online. I've said it ad nauseam, but again, please know how much we appreciate your patience. Happy hunting!
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

heck I need it on Thurgadin I was all done with Tarinax harvesting hundreds of shells here to get the housing items and most important the recipe .
    Thanks for trying to get our server Tarinax as close as possible to normal .
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was a mistake now to remove the Heirloom tag from the recipe books. :-/

On the other hand, there were a ton of folks on Public Test who weren't getting it at all, and were anticipating not being able to do so on other servers, so we suggested it as a way to "share the wealth" of our gleanings.

Now it might've been gotten ahold of by the greed-head speculators... :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.