Reign of Shadows and Ethereals Are Almost Upon Us!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]

Plus, important updates about earning Ethereal Coins!

The enemies that fill the dungeons of Luclin grow in strength yet again! All Reign of Shadows heroic dungeons now have an Expert difficulty level available. When selecting a zone to enter, you will have the choice of the normal heroic dungeons, or you may now select the Expert-level difficulty for increased challenges and rewards. Completing daily and weekly heroic missions within Expert dungeons will grant increased rewards.

Reign of Shadows Summer Ethereals
    [IMG]
    Just like past years, during the Reign of Shadows Ethereal waves, completing any weekly solo or heroic mission will grant an Ethereal currency based on the difficulty of the dungeons run to complete the mission. Solo missions will grant the least amount of reward, heroic dungeons will grant the next level of reward, expert dungeons the next most, and finally, challenge heroic dungeons will grant the most.

Unlike in previous years, the maximum amount of Ethereal currency you can earn will be purely based upon how long the event has been running. So, if you take a short break, you will be able to catch up—with a bit of extra work, of course. For example, if you can obtain 100 Ethereal currency each week, you can obtain 100 the first week and 100 the second week for your maximum of 200. If, however, you are unable to earn 100 Ethereal during the first week of the event, you will be able to obtain up to 200 currency during the second week.

This leads us to our next major change for this year: All Ethereal rewards and progress will be account wide. The Ethereal currency will be an account wide currency, and once you have purchased an Ethereal reward, the rest of your characters will obtain that reward for free. If you level up an Ethereal item on one character, all your other characters with that same Ethereal item will reflect that same level.

Only thing left to do is get out there and start stabbing things with pokey sticks!

FAQ

• Will this week’s weekly quests give Ethereal coins when the event starts in-game next week? For instance, should we wait to complete this week’s weekly quests Tuesday, June 22, 2021, when the event goes live?
      • Ethereal rewards will start being granted by weekly missions when the Ethereal event starts on the June 22, 2021. If you want to wait to complete your missions until after the event starts, then feel free to do so. If you want to do your missions immediately, then you can run an alt character through some missions after the event starts to earn up to your account limit of Ethereal Reward. Or, if you cannot earn up to your maximum amount on the first week, you will be able to make up the difference after the first week because there is no “weekly limit”; there is an incrementing limit that increases every week.
    • Regarding catching up on Ethereal Reward, is it totally cumulative? Example: What happens if I’m away for the first six weeks of the event, and then come back to complete missions on the seventh week. Does that effectively mean that by completing that one run of missions on week seven, I’ll have earned seven times the weekly rewards?
      • Yes, the total amount of Ethereal Coins you can earn is cumulative. Each week, the total amount you can gain for the entire Reign of Shadows Ethereal event increments up to a new maximum. You cannot earn over that maximum, but nothing prevents you from catching up—even from zero—later in the event, other than the total amount of weekly missions you have available to run on any or all of your various characters.
    • Say I pick up a weekly mission before June 22, 2021 but don’t use it until June 22 and after the Ethereal event has begun. Will I receive any Ethereal Coins?
      • Ethereal rewards will start being granted by weekly missions when the Ethereal event starts on June 22, 2021, after the update. If you pick up one of the participating missions before June 22 and do not complete it until after the update on June 22, you will earn the Ethereal rewards when you complete the mission.
    • Will picking up weekly missions on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 grant Ethereal coins?
      • No, but finishing them after the update on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 will.
    Beee, Bhayar, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Can you give a location for the vendor that we will use the coins at ?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

probably in patch notes next week
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Photo looks like Colossal Falls in EC.
    WhysperWynde and Bludd like this.
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

Most excellent news about acct wide for the coins, I was always straining to earn it on my 2nd acct let alone getting a 2nd toon on 1 acct enough coins lol, will still have to make it for the 1 on each acct but less stress worrying about it
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Sounds great ~ can't wait! Starts on the 22nd of June and running for how long, I wonder?
  7. Offkey New Member

Just guessing, but I would say till it ends.

Offkey -
    "If what I say makes sense, then you misunderstood me"
  8. Accendo Guest

Both the site article and this thread now have an FAQ section.
    Breanna and Jinksie like this.
  9. girney Active Member

oh wow, more heroic content. just what i wanted to see.....................not. how about working on giving us more quests. it is called everquest you know. there is nothing for the solo player to do except endless runs for an elusive no trade shiny
    Breanna, Cylob and Strings? like this.
  10. Bludd Well-Known Member

pro tip: vex thal advanced has a guaranteed no-trade at the end
  11. Rebelde Active Member

- What is the maximum amount of ethereal coins you can get per week/account? Because you said "there is no "weekly limit"; there is an incrementing limit that increases every week.
    - Can you do 2 of the instances needed for the weekly heroic and EH in normal difficulty and the last one in expert to get the expert amount of coins (like in KA) or do you need to complete all three in expert (all 3 instances like in BoL)?
    - Can you tell us the coins you can get for solo weekly, Heroic/EH in mormal difficulty, in Expert, the coins from SW Challenge zone, from Den3 Challenge, ...? What about the raid weekly mission? Will it give ethereal coins? And the Predator or Pray Overland weekly mission?
    Thank you
    BTW, make the coins account wide and zero cost after you buy the item with one toon for the rest of characters in the account sounds GREAT!
  12. Celan Active Member

Rebelde likes this.
  13. Rebelde Active Member

14. Cylob Member

Was hoping for some more solo-love yeah! Just 6 coins to grab by doing solo dungeons. Bummer...
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I had enough time to clean up the house , let us in .
    knocks on the virtual cyber door .
    Breanna and AndraxusVigilance like this.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

getting ready to call it a day, thanks for the timely updates after a wonderful last week
  17. Kattt Well-Known Member

Here is the Ethereal Coints Merchant:

Kelaci Vol'Luissa -
    and she is at /way 16.07, 110.05, -719.27
  18. Roquinn New Member

Not sure what is going on with Ethereals - I completed the weekly solo Pitch Black and got no reward. I went to check out the vendor at the coordinates given above (in SW) to see what was being offered and there is nothing there, nothing on track =/
  19. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

According to the patch notes Summer Ethereals are here! Running any solo, heroic, or event heroic weekly mission will reward you with Shadowed Ethereal Coins that may be used to purchase Ethereal Rewards.
    It appears the Solo overland weekly missions do not give ethereals. Those did in BoL ethereals so not sure why they don't in RoS. They mission may only need 3 bosses to complete but with PH's and long repop timers they are way harder than BoL ever was. This by design or actually some sort of bug?
  20. Trilly Active Member

It is only the weekly mission solos or heroics. so it is where you get three different dungeons to complete. The Predator or Prey works as well