Not A Bug Character coughs a lot

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Silvercross, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Silvercross New Member

For the last few weeks my character has been coughing and acting sick. I noticed that the banker in Freeport was doing the same thing for a while but then stopped. Is this a bug in the game or something else the programmers put in that I am not aware of?
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Playing a cough emote? Or the double over sick one?
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Silvercross New Member

Thanks ill try that.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No I meant is that what is happening?
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This goes back a few years in the dimmest sources of my brain, but wasn't there some sort of sickness and disease that would go around in Antonica and you had to check cemeteries as part of a questline? Seems like it happened early on in game.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Did you grab a quest in New Halas by the bear area (sorry forget name)? There is a quest that gives you a cold/cough and until you complete the quest it continues. If the answer is yes, maybe can just delete the quest.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Silvercross New Member

Thank you all for the input. I'll check my quests, and look into the sickness too. I also do remember that the Freeport banker about two weeks ago was acting sick coughing and sneezing, so maybe that has something to do with it too.
  8. Silvercross New Member

Actually it is coughing, and shivering.
  9. Silvercross New Member

Okay, after reading your feedback I did what I should have done in the first place and looked at my buff window. There I saw a buff that is a toxic bite. This is something that my character picked up while questing in the Phantom Sea. I need to talk to a npc to get a cure. Thanks again everyone for your input and making me use my brain!
    Xianthia, Kaitheel and Juraiya like this.