Hail, Norrathians. I'm your new Community Manager!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

Greetings, everyone! I’m Accendo, and I’m honored to be your new Community Manager for EverQuest II (and EverQuest). Nothing beats video gaming as one of the best forms of entertainment on the planet, and I’m so stoked to be able to represent you to our company and team, and to represent the tireless developers, designers, engineers, artists, and production staff who spend so much time and passion making this game for you.

I’m pretty much the freshest face around here and I’m still getting the lay of the land, but I’m learning so much more every single day. Bear with me, but I am here to try and carry the same torch dreamweaver carried for you so well. Please, feel free to chime in, share some tips, and ask me questions. You can find me on Discord as well, and I’ll do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
    Rose, Mellody, Marae and 28 others like this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Respond to questions as you can, inform as you are allowed and if you don't know - it is ok to say you don't know :)

I am sure you'll do fine.
    Bishia, Marae, Doobius40504 and 8 others like this.
  3. Yavie Active Member

Welcome and well met Accendo. Enjoy your trip through Norrath, it's a great place to be. :)
    Marae, Doobius40504, Akeedoe and 3 others like this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

So are you the "Let people have conversations and only step in when it gets ugly" kind of Community Manager, or the "How dare you say something bad about the game, you're banned!" kind of Community Manager?
    Smashey, Akeedoe, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  5. Gratouillis Member

Bienvenue à toi Accendo !! We are all very happy to have a new CM around here !!!
    Marae, Doobius40504, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  6. Buggabug Active Member

As community manager it is your responsibility to supply us all with assorted donuts and coffee at 9am sharp every Monday morning. :D
    Welcome and Good Luck.
    Bishia, Jinksie, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

What Aven said pretty much sums it up. Just be diligent about keeping us in the loop when we've posted problems or situations occurring. I'm sure you've already heard it, but you have big shoes to fill following Dreamweaver in this position.
    Best of luck!
    Mermut, Marae, Doobius40504 and 4 others like this.
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Welcome! :)
    Breanna, Accendo and Siren like this.
  9. Grayven Member

Welcome, good luck, and keep the company-issued whip and chair on hand at all times.
    Breanna, Siren, Finora and 1 other person like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    AvenElonis, summed it up wonderfully.

Most folks around here just want to have a heads up when something is going on. Even if we KNOW you can't personally do anything about it (like when Halls of Fate crashes again) it's nice when we know someone has seen it who might know who needs to get informed about it to get it fixed.

=)
  11. Dovely The White New Member

And muffins, I like muffins! *giggles*
    Jinksie, Breanna and Buggabug like this.
  12. Rhoshan New Member

If you're handling Everquest and Everquest 2, will you also be covering Everquest 3?
    Are there talks yet of the future direction of the franchise? I'm not asking for details this early, but with the pending return of H1Z1 Just Survive I'm curious to see what other areas of growth are planned. For Everquest, Everquest 2, and beyond.
  13. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Welcome Accendo ! :)
    Accendo and Siren like this.
  14. ladyshotzie New Member

Welcome Accendo
    Accendo and Siren like this.
  15. PsiberDaemon Active Member

Welcome aboard!
    Accendo likes this.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard the crazy train, Accendo! :)
    Marae, Breanna and Accendo like this.
  17. PsiberDaemon Active Member

I fully support and endorse this pro-donut agenda! :)
    Bishia, Breanna and Buggabug like this.
  18. Ginrummy Member

Welcome Accendo! :D
    Accendo likes this.
  19. Hickenhacken New Member

Welcome!!!!!
    Accendo likes this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

Make sure you don't unban Beltonics in Discord. Not sure if Dreamweaver left a note or not, he is never to see the light of day.