Larger Personal Depots

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by AOE1, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I think would have to be items that folks aren't tracking. I can tell you how much some items have been from the start. I assume folks track different things for different reasons. So, yes(?) at least on the items I track I would know.

Edit to add - I agree with you that "sales" isn't always what they appear to be. In this game and only speaking about this marketplace, would be easier to tell since different play styles etc watch for different items to be on sale.
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

They have to know if they made those and put them on the marketplace people would go crazy for them. Craftable ones would be better, but they'd make money on marketplace ones so you'd think they'd jump on it. Might I add a depot for books or for one-time-use illusions like halloween costumes, and fireworks.

Also it would be swell if they had a way to "sell" no-value items, like the no-value potions and infusers and some of the things we craft for holiday crafting achievements. Some way to easily dump things.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Given the penchant for wanting to sell stuff, frankly, I'm shocked they've totally ignored appearance armor, weapons, etc for so many years. That would be part of an intelligent and knowledgeable business manager automatic "jump on this now" revenue streaming source. The stuff they have in there now is so dated and ugly looking, I wouldn't bother spending money on it. Some of it's still okay, but it needs some serious looking at.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've always been firmly convinced that, the old double- and triple-cash events notwithstanding, SOE/DBG/DPG/etc. have always pretty much been allergic to making money, at least on the Marketplace items (and, yes, they have had actual, for real sales on things that haven't changed their prices since they came into being, like character slots always being 1000 SC or DBC or whatever the alphabet soup is now [regardless of how many pennies it might cost them to make slots or maintain slots in the Marketplace inventory]; it's how I'd gotten so many back in the day. Bought tons of Cash when it was on "sale," then saved it to spend it on slots in those times when they weren't 1000 Cash). Some of the things we've requested on the Norrathian Homeshow forum Wishlists have come to be; more often than not, actually (I'm not sure about this forum, frankly, especially if it's true that at least one of the devs has always detested tradeskilling and wishes it had never been implemented); maybe we should shift this thread over there. ;->

At any rate, a great deal of the suggestions we've had for them that we think would make them money hand over fist on the Marketplace have rarely, if ever, come to pass, so either they know something we don't ("It's impossible! We can't possibly do that! That's as impossible as a Bag over 48 slots! It can't be done!! :eek:"); they don't think it would make any money (or at least sufficient amounts), even without trying it; or they just don't care. :-/

Uwk
    who'd like to prefer the third isn't what's actually going on... :-/
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Lack of resources. Making a new gear piece is a huge amount of work. It's not just one item, it's 1 x number of race models to make it fit. Then multiply through by about 7 if you want a matched set, etc.. There's a reason why most 'new' items are actually old items with a new colour wash.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I agree that all the depots are totally inadequate and the ones being sold on the marketplace are an absolute joke. The types of depots needs to be increased as well to hold all the mount and character gear we've been inundated with as well as all the Overseer loot. I sure wish the new owner would insist that all the devs play the game at least 3 hours a day so they would see just how ridiculous the game has become. I feel like most of my game time is spent shuffling sh*t.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to what may have happened to the QA department...do they still exist? A buddy of mine was canned from there, just before a big "re-sizing" at SOE... :-/

His job was to "play" SOE games for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. He also played once he got home as a player, and on the weekends, because he was a fan of the EQVerse, both 1 and 2. :)

Uwk
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ok. I went back and tried to get the frostfell fuel into one of the depots and they went in. It has been quite awhile since I tried but this time it worked. Not sure what the problem was before.

Also, I am not paying 1000 db for another 30 slot fuel container. That just seems unreasonable imo. So I will do what I been doing. Another xpac and more fuels we will all be in trouble. lol

Thanks to all that said they were able to or I may not have tried it again.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No worries; you're welcome! :) Just glad it finally worked; that was a weird bug. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Komatus Well-Known Member

Wow! They actually had a QA department at one time? Didn't know that. They should hire a guy right now. I am certain it would make the game better. Of course the poor guy would probably go insane from overwork in the first 6 months! Lol!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course, they could always hire my buddy back...he doesn't live in the San Diego area any more, but I've heard of this thing called, oh, what was it...te-le-com-mute? Something like that; seems it came up as a topic of discussion awhile back...

Uwk
    Hartsmith, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  12. Zyxia Active Member

would be nice if we could have a recipe for a "tack" personal depot, to store all the saddles, reins, stirrups, etc etc etc. My bags are bursting at the seams with this stuff, not to mention all the potions, harvests, etc etc etc we have to carry around with us.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And it could look like the "saddle rack" thing we have in the Marketplace! :)

Uwk
  14. Zyxia Active Member

fabulous idea :)
  15. Zyxia Active Member

PS - I am also a kittie lover (reading your signature)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Kitties rock. :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I wanted to draw people's attention to https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...dum-tuesday-july-13-2021.600231/#post-6658881

Not just about the tradeskill fuel change, but because it mentions depot improvements will be happening:

18. Doobius40504 Active Member

I like that improvement, although with a 1000 slot depot I'm not pressed for space at the moment!

Peace!
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks for that info Niami :))
    I don't know but it looks to me like only the fuel depots are getting bigger
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

Yes. And only because of the nerf they're applying to fuels to prevent yet another exploit. Which is going to make life considerably more difficult for low level crafters trying to level up. Exploiters ruining things for the general playerbase yet again :(
    Geroblue likes this.