Our Lunar Journey, to the Moon and Return (Excursion 2021)

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Geroblue, May 28, 2021.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

TSSSZAPPP! A horrible flash and electric burn sear the sky. Don’t worry, In the cacophony, I manage to get
    Into my space suit and make it outside to save the mules. I wave at the ship as I get them safely back to planet
    Earth. As I look back , the ship is engulfed in an explosion of absolute nothingness as it is pulled into the orbit of the
    moon, spinning faster and faster in orbit!
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

SIGH!!! You're at it again.
    Schmetterling and ttobey like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the password... so what he did, didn't happen.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Okay folks ! Stow your souvenirs in the back luggage compartment. Time to exit the Duty Free shop and head on upwards to the Lagrange Point ! L-5 that is."
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"I want to break free, of gravity that is. Galactic gold. Move out mules !"

Sandra, ( psst boss, there isn't anything at L-5 except rocks.)

That is what you think. :)

In case anyone doesn't know what a Lagrange Point might be.

Just ahead, and behind, the moon there are two locations where the Moon's, Earth's and Sun's gravity almost balance each other.

Other planets have them to.

( Wikipedia entry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_point )
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Zoom zoom, dodge, zoom, dodge, turn, spin, dodge.

"Argh. Darn dead satellites ! I'll be glad when these get cleaned up."

Robbie says, "When we stop dodging, refreshments will be served. Sorry, no Galactic Blaster drinks."
    Breanna likes this.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

As the ship spun faster and faster, a terrible FAZZOOOOM! and bloop! the moon shrunk in on itself! No wait a sec! It's a black hole and the ship is orbiting it's maw in an ever faster and smaller orbit! Zoooop! It's gone. A really terrible end to the story.
    Well I guess I better feed these mules!
    The End.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Backups loaded. Nope, didn't work ttobey.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the present I gave to ttobey had a full sized , giant snow globe inside with the gift shop inside and a projection of adventures and calamities that look like reality .
    So don't worry about him , he's having fun creating his own little trip the way he wished it was .

here I inserted some new cartages with more adventures after asking Geroblue for our trips itinerary .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o and Blumentopferde is not really a word but several so you would have had a hard time finding that on Google.
    This is an example of what happens if your speech is hurried and you don't make appropriate pauses in between .
    The word sounds like Blumento Pferde - Blumento Horses , but what it really is , is Blumen Topf Erde - flower pot dirt
    as in , potting soil .
    Very useful for growing those magic beans to get up to the moon , just be careful you don't let the giants near that vine , or ttobey .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Looking at the local map... do I want to take the expressway, or go past the satellites and look them over.

I think I'll take the expressway.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Robbie asks, "Boss, what's the problem ?"

"I think that guy back at the Souvenir Shop messed with my map."

Sandra says, "I have a backup... that structure isn't there yet !"

"I agree. We are headed to L-5 anyway though."
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

trip itinerary ? Well, headed up to 200,000 miles, almost to the Moon via the Antelope Freeway. Then we'll take a right hand turn to get to the left-hand turn off for L-5. The O'Neal Cylinder hasn't been built yet, but I think I have a substitute.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In case anyone doesn't know what an O'Neal Cylinder looks like... here are two 'simulation' drawings I found.

First is an exterior of two of them, you can see several space ships, along with the Earth and the Moon, in the background.

[IMG]

Interior. Yes, those are cities on the inside. Along with farmland and a lake.

[IMG]
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"We are now at L-5, there is currently no O'Neal Cylinder here. However, we have virtual reality sets. So you can wander about a virtual reality version of such a place. Rest stop, 2 hours. And there is a souvenir shop."

Robbie hands out the virtual reality sets to all passengers.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

"Robbie, I think that photo of our solar system taken from the Oort Cloud folds out into a poster about a parsec across..."

"Oh, wont fit in the house then."

Sandra asks, "What about these post cards ? I think they folds out smaller."

"So they do. wait, what is a quatloo ?"

"Uhm, just pay in local monies. Their sign says any paper money good in this solar system."
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sandra asks questioningly, "When was the last time you added fuel to the robot mules and stagecoach ?".

"They need fuel ?", Gero asked aghast.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

( Oh, and the steps into the coach are no longer on Earth. )
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Komatus Well-Known Member

Major Tom to ground control.....
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Major Tom is not in this universe, he is in a parallel time track.
    Breanna likes this.